Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dyna Tuning next Monday  (Read 893 times)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
Dyna Tuning next Monday
« on: June 11, 2007, 04:14:09 PM »

How does the tuning work...am I right in saying that on motorways the AFR should be 13/14 making the mixture lean, whilst town driving the AFR should be 12 or so.  How does it all configure, how do you know what numbers to run and set?
It's all very confusing.  I'm going with V&H TD, Stock mufflers, KN air filter and V&H Fueler.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Dyna Tuning next Monday
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 05:24:37 PM »

Smiler,

It really depends on what your looking for.  In most cases I am not looking for 12:1 unless I am all out racing and even then it is 12.x to 1 at 100 percent throttle.

Low cruising ranges I am looking for around 14 to 1 and as I get past say 20 percent throttle I am looking for that number to lower from 14:1 down to say 12.5:1 at 100% throttle.

Sitting at a light at idle I have mine setup for 14.2:1 using the closed loop system bias table with the narrow bands set at all tables to roughly 798 equals out to approx 14 to 14.2 to 1.

What I am playing with atm is harley has a huge red box for the 14.6 cells which are the indicator for closed loop mode.   i am removing the ones beyond 20 percent throttle so that I obtain good around town gas mileage with the bike running between 14:1 and 14.2:1 and then set ranges decreasing from there starting at 13.8 and gradually moving across the range to 100 percent throttle.

Hope this helps some,

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 05:29:10 PM »

How does the tuning work...am I right in saying that on motorways the AFR should be 13/14 making the mixture lean, whilst town driving the AFR should be 12 or so.  How does it all configure, how do you know what numbers to run and set?
It's all very confusing.  I'm going with V&H TD, Stock mufflers, KN air filter and V&H Fueler.

With the Fueler, there's a limit to what they'll be able to do, from my understanding.  Did V&H's provide you with settings for your pipes, A/C, and muffs?

Having said that, GENERALLY SPEAKING, the A/F at wide open throttle should be 13/1.  For running down the road at steady throttle positions, most generally tune for 13.4 - 13.7 to 1.  Certainly, it can be a bit leaner at certain RPM/throttle positions for increased fuel economy, if desired, but I think if you try and get too fancy with the Fueler, you'll have limited success.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 07:52:36 PM »

I like Unbalanced numbers.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 08:34:03 PM »

I have a '06 SE Ultra.  When I went to Sturgis last year I had installed the V&H Dresser Duals, a Ness Big Sucker and a PowerCommander along with my stock mufflers.  I used a map for the PC that I had gotten from FuelMoto.  I stopped at Speed's Performance to have it dyno tuned.  They were unable to tune it because of the cats in the stock mufflers.  With the cats in they could not get their probe up into the headpipe.  So I am concerned how you will be able to get your bike tuned assuming you have cats in the stock mufflers.  Hope this info helps.  Good luck!

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 11:41:55 AM »

Can you download the appropriate maps from the V&H site

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.