Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: detonation with TMax--JK take a look  (Read 2394 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
detonation with TMax--JK take a look
« on: June 15, 2007, 11:28:32 AM »

John, I see you're still regularly checking the site as you were last logged on yesterday afternoon.  When you see this post please follow the link below to a thread discussing the TMax and Autotune system:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14269.0

Mine isn't a one-off issue here.  Nor is it an issue with a single map.  I personally know of three (including my own) with three different maps.  Other elsewhere in other threads on the site have mentioned similar problems. 

Please review the discussion in that thread cited above.  If you would please respond there so that others beside myself can engage in the conversation.  Responses in this thread would be limited to you and I.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Re: detonation with TMax--JK take a look
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 03:16:07 AM »

John,

Quite some time ago when I had a question pending here regarding the oxygen sensors you were so busy that it took an extended period to post an answer.  An extended period during which the question was refreshed so that it would show up under new posts.  An extended period during which you had had time to login and see the site with some regularity.  That was simply a spare parts question.  So it was neither time sensitive nor terribly important.

The question pending here is a current and real driveability issue though.  I see you've logged in since it was posted without pausing a moment to even suggest notice of a client's problems and politely asked questions.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 03:19:28 AM »

I also see that no question requested of you by any member has received a public response since the end of March.  None of these threads' Zippers clients or potential clients have apparently caught you at a time when responding to those clients or potential clients concerns or questions was either an option or deemed necessary.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 03:21:33 AM »

Unless a good deal of private messaging has been going on apparently I am not the only Zippers client or potential client to have been left pending.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 03:26:08 AM »

John, the issue I'm describing in the thread cited at the beginning of this thread is something I have called and spoken to Randy about.  Now approximately two weeks ago.  With a promise of a call back.  A call that never came.

While still suggesting praise for the capabilities of the Thundermax hardware I (and others) are having real and significant issues with it's implementation via the supplied the maps as warmer weather has set in.  While I strongly appreciate a site member here call Rhino's willingness to volunteer his time and efforts on my behalf to look at it that should in now way abey the supporting company's need to respond to the question. 

So, you're busy.  No doubt.  At an early opportuntiy, howevever, please consider the question asked.  Share it with your colleagues.  Then offer your best suggestion as to alternatives.  You help will be appreciated when it is offered.

Don Carey

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 03:37:47 PM »

I see the Zippers' representative logged on again this morning.  Unfortunately still not the courtesy of a response to the several clients now discussing the detonation issue. 

Given the reputation the company attempts to cultivate one has to assume a paying client with a real issue, especially when that issue is being felt by several others, would not be dodged or simply dismissed.  So I'm sure John is simply busily working on a solution and is waiting to respond to everyone with a panacea to correct and address the issue that is being experienced.

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 06:17:16 AM »

That's the main reason I never became a TMAX owner. I approached their booth at Daytona and Myrtle Beach to gain information and was never ask if I had any questions. Just like I was never there. Good luck on getting information after they have your money.  :-\
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 04:10:08 PM by hdbrad03 »
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 12:58:30 PM »

Brad,

All the chatter on this topic ended up taking place here:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14269.0

This thread was originally in a vendors tech support section.  A section that allowed only the vendor itself to respond to questions.  As there'd been little response over a period to several questions the section seemed to have lost its purpose.  It's unique status was removed and the thread was sent back to the general population.  While it was still in the vendors only section all the discussion had been taking place in that other thread. 

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »

I just noticed Zippers and Freedom are no longer part of the vendor tech support area.   
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 02:18:01 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 03:11:43 PM »

I just noticed Zippers and Freedom are no longer part of the vendor tech support area.   

I just checked, and your right.
Hmmmm..... that does not bode well.

I wonder what they told the moderators and such before leaving?

"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »

I gather that the change was simply because the sections weren't being utilized as they'd originally been intended.  No conversation that benefits the members or the vendors rather eliminated the need for a section dedicated to that purpose.  Just a guess.  But given the recent lack of usage in that section it seems likely.

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 06:39:12 PM »

I gather that the change was simply because the sections weren't being utilized as they'd originally been intended.  No conversation that benefits the members or the vendors rather eliminated the need for a section dedicated to that purpose.  Just a guess.  But given the recent lack of usage in that section it seems likely.

Just a guess?  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=14409.0
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.