Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: air to fuel ratio  (Read 1056 times)

Gunn Runner

• Junior CVO Member
air to fuel ratio
« on: June 26, 2007, 12:23:13 PM »

Gunn Runner here with a new '07 Ultra SE......recently put true dual head pipes, air kit, HD race tuner and Rinehardt Eagle Beak mufflers.....HD dyno tuned a little on the rich side (12.0 from 2200 - 2800 rpm). I thought the optimum range was 13.1 What are you guys tuned in at? 
Gunn Runner

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: air to fuel ratio
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 12:27:12 PM »

Gunn Runner here with a new '07 Ultra SE......recently put true dual head pipes, air kit, HD race tuner and Rinehardt Eagle Beak mufflers.....HD dyno tuned a little on the rich side (12.0 from 2200 - 2800 rpm). I thought the optimum range was 13.1 What are you guys tuned in at? 

GR,

Check out this thread, it may answer some of your questions.

Best AFR?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 12:42:45 PM »

Mine has been set around 13.5 ish mid range throttle. The bike is 07serk, RH2-1, se a/c with sert.
Metal temperature have been steady around 360-380, measured at the rear left cylinder head near the plug.
So far the bike is running fine, plugs look good.

I don't really care what it is doing in the low or high range.
The thing is just an air cooled pushrod motor fer chrise sake...

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »

Mine has been set around 13.5 ish mid range throttle. The bike is 07serk, RH2-1, se a/c with sert.
Metal temperature have been steady around 360-380, measured at the rear left cylinder head near the plug.
So far the bike is running fine, plugs look good.

I don't really care what it is doing in the low or high range.
The thing is just an air cooled pushrod motor fer chrise sake...

Miker

That's exactly what we buy 'em for! Some people do care about the entire RPM range, and want the most out of them, like me. Some just don't care and want the heat gone. It depends on the build and the parts combination. But if the motor's setup properly, you should get the best performance out of whatever engine you built, while having it run cooler. Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 02:26:52 PM »

That's exactly what we buy 'em for! Some people do care about the entire RPM range, and want the most out of them, like me. Some just don't care and want the heat gone. It depends on the build and the parts combination. But if the motor's setup properly, you should get the best performance out of whatever engine you built, while having it run cooler. Hoist! 8)

I've always been a fan of "if it feels good do it". I tuned for perfromance too, mainly because of the horrendous factory set-up, Too bad they didn't come set up like my Snapper ride on mower, what a beast!

Truely, these engines are so inefficient, red hair tuning em is like kissing yer sister.  Where are you really gonna get to?
I do love them though, they are a hoot to ride I have been riding these slappers for many years. 

Can't wait for the real old sloppy, stinky, slow, noisy one to get here.

MIker

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.