Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: FatCats Update.  (Read 4166 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
FatCats Update.
« on: July 06, 2007, 10:13:08 AM »

As you know, I'm changing my exhaust to D&D FatCats. I was under the impression that this exhaust system was available in 3 configurations, preformance baffle, standard baffle and quiet baffle (which is the standard baffle w/FG packing). They also offer, however, a Big-Bore Quiet Muffler for it as well. This is the performance muffler w/FG packing. D&D P/N is 502-32B w/100-HB6Q. The 502-32B is the 2:1 system and the 100-HB6Q is the Quiet Performance Big-Bore Muffler. That's the one I'm going with. Just thought I'd let ya'll know about this, as I haven't seen this here at all. They're holding up shipment of all FatCats right now, as they're redoing the design of the heat shields. They'll be shipping again in 2 weeks.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: FatCats Update.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 10:19:56 AM »

As you know, I'm changing my exhaust to D&D FatCats. I was under the impression that this exhaust system was available in 3 configurations, preformance baffle, standard baffle and quiet baffle (which is the standard baffle w/FG packing). They also offer, however, a Big-Bore Quiet Muffler for it as well. This is the performance muffler w/FG packing. D&D P/N is 502-32B w/100-HB6Q. The 502-32B is the 2:1 system and the 100-HB6Q is the Quiet Performance Big-Bore Muffler. That's the one I'm going with. Just thought I'd let ya'll know about this, as I haven't seen this here at all. They're holding up shipment of all FatCats right now, as they're redoing the design of the heat shields. They'll be shipping again in 2 weeks.

Hoist! 8)

I never heard the reason for moving away from the SPO's. Was there anything more than the 2-1 performance? I didn't hear of you having any problems.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 10:31:57 AM »

I never heard the reason for moving away from the SPO's. Was there anything more than the 2-1 performance? I didn't hear of you having any problems.

Performance, performance performance! With the work I'm doing to the engine, I'm told by the tuner and the Performance partsd supplier I'm working with, to get rid of the 1-3/4" V&V TD's. Although I love the SPO's, this system will inhibit the performance of the build I'm doing. We wouldn't want that to happen now, would we. The one system that keeps rising to the top is the FatCats. So, that's what I'll be using. Just thought I'd make ya'll aware of this.

Thanks to Baggerdad2003, Kelvin, for sending me this article. I wouldn't have known about this option. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 11:11:22 AM »

Hoist, I printed and enlarged the article but it is just to blurry to read.  Any chance you could email it to me?  I will be keenly interested in how you like the quiet version. 
thanks
Warren

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 11:30:39 AM »

Hoist, I printed and enlarged the article but it is just to blurry to read.  Any chance you could email it to me?  I will be keenly interested in how you like the quiet version. 
thanks
Warren

Warren, it's been emailed! ;) Hoist! 8)

Trying a little larger.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 11:32:15 AM by Hoist »

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 12:22:08 PM »

Howie,

Wow Binx is gonna get a 2nd week at the SPA if this spending Spree continues hahah. 

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 12:26:48 PM »

Howie,

Wow Binx is gonna get a 2nd week at the SPA if this spending Spree continues hahah. 

Shhhhh! Don't announce it to the world! :singer: You said you'd keep it on the QT Harry! :lipsrsealed2: (Of course she knows about them! :o )  Hoist! 8)

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 10:23:46 PM »

Hoist, I did alot of research on pipes and D & D Fatcat is what I went with too. But after talking to the tech there I decided to go with the standard buffle. The performance buffle is not needed unless your going 115ci or more. In fact you will get alot of decel poping from the performance pipes , something to do with the backpressure needed in these motors ( unless you completely rework the heads and add compression ). I may try the quite baffle verion of the standard baffle too, just to see how it does.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 11:56:22 PM »

Thank for the update, Howie. I'm damn near excited to see the end product of all the mods your working, as I was when I saw my SERK for the first time. Chiao.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »

Hoist, I did alot of research on pipes and D & D Fatcat is what I went with too. But after talking to the tech there I decided to go with the standard buffle. The performance buffle is not needed unless your going 115ci or more. In fact you will get alot of decel poping from the performance pipes , something to do with the backpressure needed in these motors ( unless you completely rework the heads and add compression ). I may try the quite baffle verion of the standard baffle too, just to see how it does.

Thanks for the update KD! I'll talk with the guy supplying all my top end/cam components on Mon to see which one he recommends for the build. If I use the standard baffle, I'd go with the quiet model. The performance is barely noticable between those two. But it's nice to have the option of a quiet performance version too. I'll let you guys know what's recommended for my build. Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007, 12:34:11 PM »

Thank for the update, Howie. I'm damn near excited to see the end product of all the mods your working, as I was when I saw my SERK for the first time. Chiao.

Hang in there SKJ. It'll still be a few more weeks. But I'm hoping all this R&D pays dividends in the performance and reliability of my engine. Still keeping mum on the actual components, mods and specs, as this is an untested package I put together. But if it all shakes out as I expect it to, I'll let ya'll in on the secrets afterwards! ::) Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2007, 12:37:41 PM »

Hang in there SKJ. It'll still be a few more weeks. But I'm hoping all this R&D pays dividends in the performance and reliability of my engine. Still keeping mum on the actual components, mods and specs, as this is an untested package I put together. But if it all shakes out as I expect it to, I'll let ya'll in on the secrets afterwards! ::) Hoist! 8)
Would that be after 1/4, 1/8 mile runs, or stoplight to stoplight runs?? ;) ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2007, 12:42:11 PM »

Would that be after 1/4, 1/8 mile runs, or stoplight to stoplight runs?? ;) ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

You name it d00d. Long top end runs too! ::) Just your typical strong reliable fast build! ;) Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 12:44:43 PM by Hoist »

maineultraclassic

• Junior CVO Member
  • Not a CVO bike, but still a blast to ride!!
    • Steve's Harley
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 04:03:36 PM »

There is actually only 1 Fatcat exhaust, there are 2 baffles for it........the standard baffle and the quiet baffle. The standard baffle has the louvered core with a solid outer can, while the quiet baffle has the louvered core with a perferated outer can with packing wrapped around it.

The other exhaust you are refering to is called the Borzilla, it is made for motors over 114". It has larger head pipes with a larger core to the baffle.....it flows a lot more air, but really only works on larger builds.

I just removed the standard baffle from my FatCat and replaced it with the quiet baffle, just to quiet it down a bit. There is a person on HDforum who did some testing for D&D comparing the 2 baffles on a dyno. His results were that the quiet baffle actually produces slightly better numbers while being just a bit quieter under acceleration and much quieter at idle and cruise.

Steve
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 04:05:17 PM by maineultraclassic »
--------------------------------
2005 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic FLHTCUI
--------------------------------
95" Powered by Big Boyz Heads, Woods Cams, Doherty A/C, TTS, Fatcat, Hillside TB, and Cometic
Built by Me, Tuned by Bean

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 04:14:54 PM »

There is actually only 1 Fatcat exhaust, there are 2 baffles for it........the standard baffle and the quiet baffle. The standard baffle has the louvered core with a solid outer can, while the quiet baffle has the louvered core with a perferated outer can with packing wrapped around it.

The other exhaust you are refering to is called the Borzilla, it is made for motors over 114". It has larger head pipes with a larger core to the baffle.....it flows a lot more air, but really only works on larger builds.

I just removed the standard baffle from my FatCat and replaced it with the quiet baffle, just to quiet it down a bit. There is a person on HDforum who did some testing for D&D comparing the 2 baffles on a dyno. His results were that the quiet baffle actually produces slightly better numbers while being just a bit quieter under acceleration and much quieter at idle and cruise.

Steve

Steve, that's not my understanding from speaking to D&D. The Fatcats have a 1-3/4" headpipie stepped up to 1-7/8" with both a standard muffler and a performance muffler offering. Both of these mufflers are now offered with the "quiet" option (w/packing wrapped around them). The Borzilla is a larger, stepped headpipe/muffler system. I could be confused on this, but I ordered 502-32B Fatcat 2:1 w/100-HB6Q Quiet Performance Muffler. I was not led to believe this was the Borzilla, just the regular Fatcat w/a Performance muffler. :nixweiss: Hoist! 8)

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.