Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Big Sucker Fitment Issue  (Read 1369 times)

mandm1

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
Big Sucker Fitment Issue
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:51:33 PM »

Last night I went to install an Arlen Ness Big Sucker (18-507) on my '07 SE Ultra. Even with leaving the breather bolts loose, I couldn't start 2 of the 3 stand-off bolts. The holes were not even close to lined up. I removed the 2 breather bolts and was able to start all 3 of the stand-off bolts, but then the breather bolts were off at least 1/8". It's like the stand-off bolts are "clocked" wrong with regards to the breather bolts. I called up Ness and they are sending me a replacement backplate; but said they have never had this problem. Has anyone else noticed this?

BTW, the stock plastic backplate fits just fine. The tech at Ness wanted me to loosen and adjust the throttle body bolts, but I was reluctant to do so since the OEM piece obviously lined up correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Big Sucker Fitment Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 02:45:44 PM »

Last night I went to install an Arlen Ness Big Sucker (18-507) on my '07 SE Ultra. Even with leaving the breather bolts loose, I couldn't start 2 of the 3 stand-off bolts. The holes were not even close to lined up. I removed the 2 breather bolts and was able to start all 3 of the stand-off bolts, but then the breather bolts were off at least 1/8". It's like the stand-off bolts are "clocked" wrong with regards to the breather bolts. I called up Ness and they are sending me a replacement backplate; but said they have never had this problem. Has anyone else noticed this?

BTW, the stock plastic backplate fits just fine. The tech at Ness wanted me to loosen and adjust the throttle body bolts, but I was reluctant to do so since the OEM piece obviously lined up correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

I had a similiar but different problem when installing my Ness Big Sucker last January on my 07 SEUC.  The bolt holes all lined up, but the center bore of the backplate did not match the center bore of the throttle body when mounted.  The overall pattern of the holes in the backplate where not in proper relationship to the center bore of the backplate.  The backplate was replaced with no problem and the replacement fit fine...

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Page created in 0.461 seconds with 21 queries.