Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Who has a 110in. motor that they are happy with?  (Read 12353 times)

07_Flhrse3

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Who has a 110in. motor that they are happy with?
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 06:47:28 PM »

2007 BI SERK - no problems to date.  RH true duals and SERT with download.  No custom map/dyno to date.  Notice it runs hot in traffic, but OK out on the road.  Plenty of power and torque for me.  Glad I bought 07 vice 08 as I like the looks better.   Otter

crunch29

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 seultra, red and black, D&D fat cat,SE Ventilator air cleaner, se pro tuner,Pro 110 performance upgrade
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 08:06:42 PM »

My bike was manufactured in 03/07 and I have black tags on the cylinders.

Crunch

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 09:54:49 PM »

I have an 07 SEUC purchased it in late June. Have 1200 miles on it. Have installed slip on Rineharts,AC, and SERT.  So far it runs very good.  I had it dynoed at my 1000 mile service. One thing I'm nervious about is after this service I noticed when I drove it home a small oil leak. It was dripping off the oil cooler bracket. I check the filter and it's not leaking. I think the dealer must have spille doil when changing the filter? I wiped it up and have ran it about 50 miles since and haven't noticed any further dripping?

I am a bit nervous as I'm leaving in 2 weeks for a trip of about 4000 miles.

I assume mine is a later production unit? Does anyone know if they made some changes to improve the issues?

Crunch.

Crunch,
I've had the same problem with the oil "leak" right after an oil change.  It's also happened on my '02.  Talked to the dealer and oil, when they take the filter off can spill, if their not careful into the chrome cover around the oil cooler.  When you stop the bike the oil trapped in there will drip out giving the impression that you may have a leak.  Both times on my bikes, that was the issue.  I'm pretty sure that's what happened to you too.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007, 09:58:45 PM »

Crunch,
I've had the same problem with the oil "leak" right after an oil change.  It's also happened on my '02.  Talked to the dealer and oil, when they take the filter off can spill, if their not careful into the chrome cover around the oil cooler.  When you stop the bike the oil trapped in there will drip out giving the impression that you may have a leak.  Both times on my bikes, that was the issue.  I'm pretty sure that's what happened to you too.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:
For this reason I always come back home after service and Gunk the oil cooler and under the motor to get rid of the residue. I don't even bother with having dealership wash my bike after because I'm coming home to detail it anyway.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

rogerkmac

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2007, 10:29:30 PM »

3,200 Miles and so far no drips, no runs, no errors.  Knock on wood, I picked up the bike on April 13th, which by the way was a Friday.  After spending $8,000 plus on my '06 Road King, getting it just the way I wanted and then taking a bath when I traded it in on the new wheels, I have left this one stock.  To date I'm happy with the bike and this one may be a keeper.  If that's the case then I guess I have to start making a list....

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2007, 10:33:42 PM »

My bike was manufactured in 03/07 and I have black tags on the cylinders.

Crunch

Based on the information provided, you should have the new gaskets already installed.

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 12:15:17 AM »

'07 SEUC picked up last October - No Problems except dealer screw ups!  Went with stage 1 a/c, RT, New pipes, dynoed, etc.  Runs great and like I said no problems with 5,000+ miles!!

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2007, 07:14:33 AM »

One thing I'm nervious about is after this service I noticed when I drove it home a small oil leak. It was dripping off the oil cooler bracket. I check the filter and it's not leaking. I think the dealer must have spille doil when changing the filter? I wiped it up and have ran it about 50 miles since and haven't noticed any further dripping?

Crunch;
Like some other members have mentioned, this oil is from spillage occuring during the oil change. I discovered this when I removed my oil cooler trim cover --and hence the oil cooler as well (I did not undo the lines)-- AFTER having my 1,000 mile service done. There's only two small nylock nuts holding both onto the mount. Couldn't believe the amount of oil and accumulated crud hidden in there. Small bits of road debris, etc. I for one, will undo the nuts and clean the area periodically and after each oil change.

leoniru

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2007, 02:15:51 PM »

Manufacture Date 08/2006 black 110" tags.

500 mile break in before changing anything.
S&S cams, Big Sucker, D&D Fat Cat 2 - 1,
SERT. Redline Motorcycle Oil, MTL & Heavy
Shockproof. Had a smoking rear cylinder that
was found to have a blocked oil galley at the
deck. Cleared the obstruction, new rings F&R,
new gaskets F&R, new plugs, re-dyno and all
R&R under warranty $0.00

Fun Factor, Rideability & Reliability = PRICELESS
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 11:38:13 AM by hdfatboy »

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 02:27:06 PM »

Based on the information provided, you should have the new gaskets already installed.

New gaskets are failing also on mine and many others.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2007, 02:30:12 PM »

Manufacture Date 08/2007 black 110" tags.

500 mile break in before changing anything.
S&S cams, Big Sucker, D&D Fat Cat 2 - 1,
SERT. Redline Motorcycle Oil, MTL & Heavy
Shockproof. Had a smoking rear cylinder that
was found to have a blocked oil galley at the
deck. Cleared the obstruction, new rings F&R,
new gaskets F&R, new plugs, re-dyno and all
R&R under warranty $0.00

Fun Factor, Rideability & Reliability = PRICELESS

Excellent hdfb!!! The man gets it! Set it up right and enjoy it! :2vrolijk_21: Good luck with it! Did you use the 585's? Has it been final tuned yet, or are you waiting for more mileage? Did they check your runout when you did the cams? I hope so, just so you know what you have. Sounds like a gem of a dealer you have! Enjoy the bike! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2007, 08:28:52 PM »

WELL I'VE HAD MY 110 A YEAR .JUST TURNED 17,000 MILES RODE 4000 MILES STOCK AND IT WAS VERY HOT.I HAD IT TUNED BEFORE THE CANDYLAND RIDE AND TEN TIMES BETTER. A COUPLE DAYS BEFORE CANDYLAND RIDE FOUND A LEAKY HEADGASKET RODE ALMOST 4000 MILES BEFORE DEALER HAD ANY PARTS TO FIX.USED A 1/2 QUART OF OIL IN THAT TIME FRAME.I'VE HAD 3 NEW BIKES IN 4 YRS AND RODE ALMOST 60,000 MILES AND REGUARDLESS OF THE FEW PROBLEMS.THIS BABY IS A KEEPER ,I LOVE TO RIDE THIS BABY.IF YOU GUYS ENJOY YOURS 1/2 AS MUCH AS ME ,YOU WILL BE ONE HAPPY CAMPER.RIDE SAFE AND RIDE ALOT. JDO

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2007, 08:25:42 AM »

Excellent hdfb!!! The man gets it! Set it up right and enjoy it! :2vrolijk_21: Good luck with it! Did you use the 585's? Has it been final tuned yet, or are you waiting for more mileage? Did they check your runout when you did the cams? I hope so, just so you know what you have. Sounds like a gem of a dealer you have! Enjoy the bike! ;) Hoist! 8)

Howie,
S&S 625G's but I really need to get the heads done now. Flow charachteristics aren't the greatest and the valve geometery doesn't impress me either. I just haven't decided to whom to send them  :nixweiss: So . . . really not final tuned yet.Saw a nicely done set of re-worked OE heads from an 03 RG from Michigan that chit the bed while touring south western PA and ended up in my shop but never could find out where he got them done. Runout was perfect! Less than 3thou. Man I love that Fat Cat w/those cams it idles like an old muscle car! Mine pulls from about 2200 and never quits. I can only imagine how it will run with the heads re-worked and larger throttle body. Strongly considering Baisley and going forged pistons, shaved and reworked chambers and decking the cylinders to match  :nixweiss: Waiting until after Thanksgiving to go back into her. The dealer IS great & has always treated me fairly, but the gentleman who I work with & wrenches on her is in large part why I go there. He's got a wealth of knowledge, really knows his way around the SERT and is very meticulous.

How's your girl treating you? Been following your "abuse" thread - sounds impressive brother :2vrolijk_21:!
Later,
Mike
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:30:47 AM by hdfatboy »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2007, 09:35:30 AM »

Howie,
S&S 625G's but I really need to get the heads done now. Flow charachteristics aren't the greatest and the valve geometery doesn't impress me either. I just haven't decided to whom to send them  :nixweiss: So . . . really not final tuned yet.Saw a nicely done set of re-worked OE heads from an 03 RG from Michigan that chit the bed while touring south western PA and ended up in my shop but never could find out where he got them done. Runout was perfect! Less than 3thou. Man I love that Fat Cat w/those cams it idles like an old muscle car! Mine pulls from about 2200 and never quits. I can only imagine how it will run with the heads re-worked and larger throttle body. Strongly considering Baisley and going forged pistons, shaved and reworked chambers and decking the cylinders to match  :nixweiss: Waiting until after Thanksgiving to go back into her. The dealer IS great & has always treated me fairly, but the gentleman who I work with & wrenches on her is in large part why I go there. He's got a wealth of knowledge, really knows his way around the SERT and is very meticulous.

How's your girl treating you? Been following your "abuse" thread - sounds impressive brother :2vrolijk_21:!
Later,
Mike

Sounds like a good package Mike. Your motor will be much happier w/the larger TB. If your planning headwork, I wouldn't go smaller than 54 mm. The headwork/head gasklet can accomplish your compression and keep you under 10:1 w/flat top pistons. Axtel makes 4" Forged Flat Top Pistons for stock compression. I'd think about reworking your heads instead of using a different design. These heads are very good, but need some tweaking. Glad you have a good tuner. That's the key to everything after the work's done! I pick mine up this weekend (hopefull) and it should be in it's final configuration (for now! ::) ). I'll let you know how it does.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

leoniru

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2007, 09:00:26 AM »

HD Fatboy;

Manufacture Date 08/2007

You must have meant 08/06 as your post dated 07/31/07 -- if correct-- would mean you possess a bike that hasn't been built yet!
A definite Rod Serling episode.

leoniru
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 21 queries.