Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best fitting headers for FLHTCUSE2  (Read 1391 times)

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

Best fitting headers for FLHTCUSE2
« on: August 02, 2007, 06:21:17 PM »

I would like to change out my stock headers with a quality set of true duals. I will be using the ThunderMax wide band sensors.

I have searched the various sites and it appears as though in some cases the Reinharts will position the front sensor in contact with the oil cooler adapter as well as hitting the base of the brake pedel.

The same is true for the V & H pipes except that the rear sensor will most likley hit the transmission top cover!

I know I can bend, shave and cut to make things work but I would prefer a factory fit. Has anyone tried the D&D 516-22d Dualies or the Bassani BX-115CL ??

If so, do the sensors and the brake pedel clear without modification?

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

Re: Best fitting headers for FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 09:01:47 PM »

Anyone ??? :nixweiss:

flyingwillie

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 05 Cherry SEEG__Sold
    • CVO2: 06 Autumn Haze SEUC__Sold
    • CVO3: 09 Silver/Blue SEUC 4
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »

jpb, here is what I did.  Put D&D header pipes on with V&H ovals with the Zippers Tmax with autotune.  I first tried the V&H headers but they do NOT work with the Zippers Tmax...trust me.  I am thrilled with the D&D header pipes.....Zippers recommended them to me.  The bike runs great.
Good luck.
 :cherry:

Rhino

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 09:57:40 PM »

I prefer the Rineharts, and the bung location is not an issue, IF you install the bung before installing the header. Also, some dealers install the pipe support bracket wrong, and what this does is makes the brake pedal arm hit the pipe. If done corrrectly, you have over 1/4" clearance between the two, and no issue even when motor vibrates. Just takes a little THINK and QC when doing it, something I find some dealer wrenches LACK, unfortunately...

Rhino

Anyone ??? :nixweiss:

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 10:29:20 AM »

I prefer the Rineharts, and the bung location is not an issue, IF you install the bung before installing the header. Also, some dealers install the pipe support bracket wrong, and what this does is makes the brake pedal arm hit the pipe. If done corrrectly, you have over 1/4" clearance between the two, and no issue even when motor vibrates. Just takes a little THINK and QC when doing it, something I find some dealer wrenches LACK, unfortunately...

Rhino

Thanks for the information!

Rhino,  did you use the thing screaming eagle exhaust gaskets or the stock thicker ones?

JPB

jpb

• Full CVO Member
    • MD

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 10:36:57 AM »

jpb, here is what I did.  Put D&D header pipes on with V&H ovals with the Zippers Tmax with autotune.  I first tried the V&H headers but they do NOT work with the Zippers Tmax...trust me.  I am thrilled with the D&D header pipes.....Zippers recommended them to me.  The bike runs great.
Good luck.
 :cherry:

Thanks flyingwillie!

Same slip-ons I plan to use!

Do you have any issues removing or replacing the left side cover?

Do you have plenty of brake lever clearance?  The billet arm on the flhtcuse2 is very wide at the base and just want to be sure it will fit.

Which ThunderMax exhaust criteria did you use for your map selection?  I know the final map will be different for me but this info will help me select the closest one for my build.

Thanks,

John B

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 05:42:46 PM »

On my 07 SEUC, I have a Ness A/C, Vance & Hines head-pipes, Rinehart mufflers and a Zippers TMAT (I started w/ map#379-stock, then went to #380).

Everything fit perfect (including the brake pedal) and the bike runs great rain or shine in our Louisiana heat.

Works for me...
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.