Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Direct Link Race Performance Tuning Kit  (Read 14768 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Direct Link Race Performance Tuning Kit
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 04:49:47 PM »

I had the exact same thought when I first saw it.  You can bet that H-D didn't design and build the SERT themselves, it was farmed out to a supplier as a "black box".  What would you like to bet that these folks, or someone working for them, had something to do with that?

Jerry

I have done some talking and some research on this very subject, and I'd just about bet my next paycheck that the guy who writes the software for this, writes it for HD too.  Only this is probably better... :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 10:33:22 PM »

Actually it is a really good software Bragging Rights uses it to tune bikes.   It is half the price of the race tuner and the dashboard is much much more friendly and the person only has to buy a key to have his bike tuned and it works great.   I have only played with it a tiny bit and it is very user friendly for the tuner.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Shovelhead Bob

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 01:14:32 AM »

I have done some talking and some research on this very subject, and I'd just about bet my next paycheck that the guy who writes the software for this, writes it for HD too.  Only this is probably better... :2vrolijk_21:

Incorrect... PM me and you can send your paycheck to me... Momma wants me to re-do the Kitchen this winter.....

The SERT software is designed by a company called "The Turbo Shop", out of California..... It's plain as day on the software End Users Agreement screen... Look, you will see....

Technoresearch is out of Michigan.....

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 08:09:44 AM »

Incorrect... PM me and you can send your paycheck to me... Momma wants me to re-do the Kitchen this winter.....

The SERT software is designed by a company called "The Turbo Shop", out of California..... It's plain as day on the software End Users Agreement screen... Look, you will see....

You've got to be kidding me - finally found someone who reads those software EULA's.   ;D

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 09:04:47 AM »

Note that I said "just about bet"   ;) ;D  I didn't fall off a turnip truck yesterday, so tell your wife she'll have to come up with other funding for the kitchen.  Besides, my paycheck wouldn't buy you a decent sink... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2007, 11:45:02 AM »

TCnBham, I had the self tapping bungs added to my old Honda V65, they worked great. That was back around 1986. Didn't take the pipes off, as long as you can get a drill in there to make the hole. They put my bike up on the lift and drilled from the bottom, towards the frame side, couldn't see them when the bike is on the ground, unless you lay on the ground. Not sure what type of sensor they were using, but mine were hald the size of the o2 sensors on the bikes now.  
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 11:56:22 AM by Talon »

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2007, 02:11:19 PM »

TCnBham, I had the self tapping bungs added to my old Honda V65, they worked great. That was back around 1986. Didn't take the pipes off, as long as you can get a drill in there to make the hole. They put my bike up on the lift and drilled from the bottom, towards the frame side, couldn't see them when the bike is on the ground, unless you lay on the ground. Not sure what type of sensor they were using, but mine were hald the size of the o2 sensors on the bikes now. 

the rivnuts we installed back then was to connect the hose(s) from the ega=exhaust gas analyzer. the japs were using ega 2 decades ago to tune carbed bikes.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 22 queries.