Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: '07 FLHTCUSE2 Suggestions...  (Read 4947 times)

DeathTrap124

'07 FLHTCUSE2 Suggestions...
« on: August 28, 2007, 11:21:03 AM »

Okay, I just installed the SERT (Rev. J), Andrews TW37 cams, The Ness Big Sucker (Stage 1) and the D&D Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust. What map would you start with, #84 - S159MV002? And what changes would you make?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies! :2vrolijk_21:

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
Re: '07 FLHTCUSE2 Suggestions...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 01:59:28 PM »

sorry for not answering the direct question, but a couple hints.
1. get the compression up to 9.6-9.8 for that cam to shine.
2. find a good dyno man.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 02:10:50 PM »

Okay, I just installed the SERT (Rev. J), Andrews TW37 cams, The Ness Big Sucker (Stage 1) and the D&D Fat Cat 2-1 exhaust. What map would you start with, #84 - S159MV002? And what changes would you make?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies! :2vrolijk_21:

If you can find a map that will get you close...a little rich would be best...load the map, then get the bike to the best SERT tuner you can find in your neck of the woods and see what the numbers look like. 

Like Red said, those cams might require a bit more compression than is stock...he's the expert in that area.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

DeathTrap124

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 01:44:04 PM »

Red & TCnBham,

Thanks for the input. Well after much reading I ordered the TMAT AutoTune today. In looking through the config files in the software, I see  everything I now have with the exception of the 37 cams all they show are the SE255. Any thoughts on things I will need to change?

Thanks...

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 04:08:38 AM »

Red & TCnBham,

Thanks for the input. Well after much reading I ordered the TMAT AutoTune today. In looking through the config files in the software, I see  everything I now have with the exception of the 37 cams all they show are the SE255. Any thoughts on things I will need to change?

Thanks...

be sure and click the update button. if thats the closest map, it should work great. and---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------dont change anything! thats where everyone gets problems started. just ride at different throttle positions and stop engine every thirty minutes or so for 500 miles.you dont have to do this, but it expedites the learning process. this will get your tune really close.

DeathTrap124

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 04:26:22 PM »

be sure and click the update button. if thats the closest map, it should work great. and---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------dont change anything! thats where everyone gets problems started. just ride at different throttle positions and stop engine every thirty minutes or so for 500 miles.you dont have to do this, but it expedites the learning process. this will get your tune really close.

Okay Mr. Red,

'07 FLHTCUSE2, Fat cat 2-1, AN Big Sucker, Andrews TW37 and TMAX Auto-Tune. Loaded map #378. Fired her up and let her run in the shop for a while. Can't (won't) ride today because of the weather. Anything else I need to know before I take her out this weekend???

And again, thanks for  your help...

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 09:25:07 PM »

just ride man.

DeathTrap124

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 10:10:41 PM »

just ride man.

Damn, Mr. Red, I like the way you do business!!! I'll be off the the leaves on a tree...

Later, Bro...

Rhino

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 10:56:16 PM »

I would use the TMAT map # 359, D&D's, Hiflo and their 575, close enough to start. Remember, if there is not an exact match, you may need to have a tuner work the map a little on a dyno, but I think you will be just fine.
Rhino

Red & TCnBham,

Thanks...

DeathTrap124

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 09:14:57 AM »

I would use the TMAT map # 359, D&D's, Hiflo and their 575, close enough to start. Remember, if there is not an exact match, you may need to have a tuner work the map a little on a dyno, but I think you will be just fine.
Rhino

Thanks Mr. Rhino, I'll give it a whirl! The reason I went with the TMAT was bacause of all the posts I've read here by folks like you, Mr. Red and many others. I can't find a decent tuner around here. If anyone know's of one in the Sioux Falls area, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks again...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 12:38:10 PM »

Thanks Mr. Rhino, I'll give it a whirl! The reason I went with the TMAT was bacause of all the posts I've read here by folks like you, Mr. Red and many others. I can't find a decent tuner around here. If anyone know's of one in the Sioux Falls area, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks again...

The TMax's potential and promise of "no more dyno's" is at least partly unjustified.  Some have gotten by without.  A good numbers of others, however, have not.  Even with exactly matching hardware builds tuning has sometimes (too often) been necessary to really get them dialed in even with the autotuning function on board.

That being so it is important to remember that the TMax package is proprietary to one relatively small manufacturer (compared to the size of many) with a very small support network across the nation having familiarity with it.  Getting a tune done in the field can be impossible to do in some areas without traveling literally hundreds of miles.  That Zippers willingness or ability to always provide timely and effective technical support themselves is a real question mark makes the limited number of tuners in the field even more a problem.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 01:58:20 PM »

I'm here to learn: so here's my question which may be quite stupid. :-\

Death Trap 124 says he has SERT Rev J installed and is asking about a tuner. Next he talks about ordering a TMAT AutoTune. Is one removed for the other to work or will they work in conjunction with one another?   :nixweiss:  Sorry if that is completely dumb. ???

Like I said I'm hear to learn. You can't belief everything the some dealers tell you.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 02:05:19 PM »

I'm here to learn: so here's my question which may be quite stupid. :-\

Death Trap 124 says he has SERT Rev J installed and is asking about a tuner. Next he talks about ordering a TMAT AutoTune. Is one removed for the other to work or will they work in conjunction with one another?   :nixweiss:  Sorry if that is completely dumb. ???

Like I said I'm hear to learn. You can't belief everything the some dealers tell you.

That's actually a great question and is misunderstood by many. Actually, there is no hardware installed with the SERT. It is just a way to modify the maps on the ECM.

The TMAX/AT is a total replacement for the HD ECM. Yu take the ECM out and install the TMAX. So far, this is not an option for the '08s because SO MUCH has changed on the ECM that it will take them some time to redesign the TMAX.

:indian_chief:

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 02:10:56 PM »

Thanks Chief

That cleared it up for me.  I continue my wait for my SERT.

JW

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 09:10:49 AM »

The TMax's potential and promise of "no more dyno's" is at least partly unjustified.  Some have gotten by without.  A good numbers of others, however, have not.  Even with exactly matching hardware builds tuning has sometimes (too often) been necessary to really get them dialed in even with the autotuning function on board.

That being so it is important to remember that the TMax package is proprietary to one relatively small manufacturer (compared to the size of many) with a very small support network across the nation having familiarity with it.  Getting a tune done in the field can be impossible to do in some areas without traveling literally hundreds of miles.  That Zippers willingness or ability to always provide timely and effective technical support themselves is a real question mark makes the limited number of tuners in the field even more a problem.

you are correct, for those looking for "good numbers" will need dyno time. question is-----will the dyno tune they get be like so many others (no matter which tuner is used) and drivability suffers because someone is looking for a huge hp/tq graph for braggin rights? with tmax, you may have to pull a little timing if your build is chitty, or add timing for more power, but for the average consumer, it is plug and play with instant buttmeter improvement that gets better as more miles are put on the bike. more linear power and great economy for a self install unit is what makes the tmax a good choice.

also look at poor build choices and multiple dyno tunes resulting in unhappy customers. the door swings both ways and there is no perfect world. well, maybe for those fortunate to be within a couple hundred miles of one of the very few great builder/tuners in the country.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.