Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance & Hines Slip ON's  (Read 932 times)

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
Vance & Hines Slip ON's
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:47:06 PM »

Need some answers Buying a set of V/H slip ons Basic model #16725 for a 2008 SE Roadking Do they go on as easy as they say ?
and I talked to the dealer about re-maping they said no need it came from the factory all ready mapped also has SE breather on it
so for the basic slip ons just put them on and you will be fine True or NOT TRUE  HELPPPPPPPPPP  ????

DND

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Vance & Hines Slip ON's
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »

Changing the slip-ons is pretty simple and you shouldn't have any problems, performance wise.  I would suggest that you consider spending the $$ for a SERT and having the bike dyno tuned.  IMO, $$ well spent.

LUV2RYD

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Vance & Hines Slip ON's
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 09:39:07 PM »

Changing the slip-ons is pretty simple and you shouldn't have any problems, performance wise.  I would suggest that you consider spending the $$ for a SERT and having the bike dyno tuned.  IMO, $$ well spent.

I just installed V & H slip-on ovals, they were very easy to install and sound great.  Local dealer service manager also told me it was not necessary to do any further modifications or tuning, however in order to address the heat factor and obtain maximum performance tuning would be necessary IMO. 
'15 CVO Road Glide Ultra Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
'03 Heritage Classic 100th Silver/Blk

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 22 queries.