Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Traxxion for Thumper  (Read 11281 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Traxxion for Thumper
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2008, 02:32:58 AM »

I wondered if they'd be worth anything?  What do you think a ballpark is for them Don?

I described them as the lowering package they are.  It's always about lucking in to the right buyer.  But some guy ended up paying $85 bucks responding to the listing.  It paid for gas money to ride back and forth to Traxxion Dynamics :huepfenlol2: .

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2008, 02:34:28 AM »

I described them as the lowering package they are.  It's always about lucking in to the right buyer.  But some guy ended up paying $85 bucks responding to the listing.  It paid for gas money to ride back and forth to Traxxion Dynamics :huepfenlol2: .

Maybe I'll give that a shot, what the heck.  The ones off the SEUC only had 1,000 miles or so and I have the rears too.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2008, 02:38:55 AM »

Maybe I'll give that a shot, what the heck.  The ones off the SEUC only had 1,000 miles or so and I have the rears too.

My stock rears and all the lines have been gone since the bike was a week old.  As new take offs I remember they got 85% of MSRP.  Couldn't believe that folks were paying more responding to an eBay ad then they'd spend if they ordered from Chicago Harley.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »

I am disappointed in how the adjusters work as there is no feel to them when you turn them.  I would rather have something that clicked.  On installation, I turned the knobs all the way in until lightly seated and then backed off the number of turns per Traxxion's sheet.  Then put a dot on the knob and on the  upper cap.

I did the Heat Demon's last Oct (had the lower inner fairing cap off) and the one fork knob still turned free and the other one was really stiff and then broke loose and turned free.

Don most have had his niece reach underneath and turn his adjusters without taking the lower cap off.

Henry-What comes in the rebuild kit you had pictured?  I assumed I would send my forks back when I got 25K on them?  What is everyone else going to do?   Only have 11k on them thus far.     :nixweiss:

REGGAB

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2008, 06:37:14 PM »

I am disappointed in how the adjusters work as there is no feel to them when you turn them.  I would rather have something that clicked.  On installation, I turned the knobs all the way in until lightly seated and then backed off the number of turns per Traxxion's sheet.  Then put a dot on the knob and on the  upper cap.

I did the Heat Demon's last Oct (had the lower inner fairing cap off) and the one fork knob still turned free and the other one was really stiff and then broke loose and turned free.

Don most have had his niece reach underneath and turn his adjusters without taking the lower cap off.

Henry-What comes in the rebuild kit you had pictured?  I assumed I would send my forks back when I got 25K on them?  What is everyone else going to do?   Only have 11k on them thus far.     :nixweiss:
I haven't had time to open the packages, read the literature, and figure out the tools.  They're still laying on my workbench back home....just like you see them in the picture.  Best I can tell, one package has a spring compression tool and a tool to keep them compressed during servicing.  Another package has a syringe with a plastic hose, metal tube, and what I'll call a "depth gauge," so the correct amount of oil can be added.  The three hex bits range from 6mm to 10mm.  Mike wasn't sure which one I needed, so he gave me those three, but thinks it is 8mm.  That tool is used to loosen the screw holding the cartridge to the bottom of the fork, from what he told me.  I'll dissect it when I get back home, but that might be awhile.  As soon as I return from this trip, Renea and I are headed to CHL.  The day after CHL, I'm headed back up here until at least the middle of April..........

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2008, 01:26:18 AM »

To settle it, look at the "Fork Checklist" paper they gave you with your forks. Down at the bottom right, they have indicated where they set the adjustment. There is a "C" (compression) blank and an "R" (rebound) blank. Only one of them will have a value. My money is on the "R" blank. ;)

:indian_chief:

No checklist in my box
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2008, 07:47:16 AM »

No checklist in my box

Hmmmmm. Since I hand delivered and picked up my forks I guess that's not the norm.

:indian_chief:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2008, 01:00:56 PM »

Called and was told they normally do put the list in the box.

MV 2013

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »

Called and was told they normally do put the list in the box.

I had the sheet in mine.

I installed forks, but haven't been able to get them out on the road yet. Hopefully in a few weeks it'll be off the lift and on the tarmac.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 10:54:45 PM »

I had the sheet in mine.

I installed forks, but haven't been able to get them out on the road yet. Hopefully in a few weeks it'll be off the lift and on the tarmac.

You did and I didn't, and our forks were there almost the same time.

MV 2013

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2008, 02:35:12 AM »

I had the sheet in mine.

You'll love them.  I have a couple hundred miles on the SEEG and they're every bit as good on it as the SEUC. :2vrolijk_21:

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2008, 11:16:42 PM »

Great ride! Highly recommend.....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.228 seconds with 21 queries.