Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Can anyone tell what make/model this exhaust is?  (Read 2783 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Can anyone tell what make/model this exhaust is?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 03:03:35 PM »

Ooops, forgot to mention one thing.  As good as the exhuast system might be; that "Hypercharger" air cleaner isn't helping you out much.

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 03:16:40 PM »

2Lane,

Just wondering what is wrong with the hypercharger? I have never had one but was just wondering

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 03:26:40 PM »

2Lane,

Just wondering what is wrong with the hypercharger? I have never had one but was just wondering

Mark

It's a gimmick pure and simple. A breather should allow the bike to breathe as much as possible at all times. It shoudn't regulate or restrict he flow of air in any way which is what the Hypercharger does. It's cool to look at and makes you think of the top of a blower on a AA Fuel Dragster, but it's an inferior product compared to many costing far less. The bike in this post would be far better off with a Ness Big Sucker, A Doherty Power PACC, a SE Back plate with a BC Gerolomy filter kit. A Zippers set-up. $300 for a better breather and a solid dyno tune would make a big difference in the way that bike runs.

Just my $0.02 as always.

B B

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 03:31:30 PM »

Has he dyno'd a bike with the Freedom II's yet?  Just curious how they compare.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 03:50:19 PM »

You know Ernie, it wouldn't surpise me if they worked fabulous. Most things that FUGLY usually do. They have to or nobody would buy em.  :D

B B

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 03:51:32 PM »

It's a gimmick pure and simple. A breather should allow the bike to breathe as much as possible at all times. It shoudn't regulate or restrict he flow of air in any way which is what the Hypercharger does. It's cool to look at and makes you think of the top of a blower on a AA Fuel Dragster, but it's an inferior product compared to many costing far less. The bike in this post would be far better off with a Ness Big Sucker, A Doherty Power PACC, a SE Back plate with a BC Gerolomy filter kit. A Zippers set-up. $300 for a better breather and a solid dyno tune would make a big difference in the way that bike runs.

Just my $0.02 as always.

B B

Thanks for the thorough explanation B B

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 04:33:25 PM »

I mentioned those to him shortly after they were released Ernie.  We talked about them again just a couple of weeks ago.  He's still never seen a set.  He'd actually like to be able to make the comparison with a few of them in different configurations.  Just never had the opportunity.

Suppose it's understandable.  His rally circuit mostly east of the Mississippi or border states to it.  Most of the Freedom stuff is regionally out west.  We just don't see them back here.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 08:12:56 PM »

Just my $0.02 as always.

B B

Thanks - my dad had it dyno'd after he did some of the upgrades, he said it was around 100 - 109 HP and/or torque he couldn't remember (this was me talking to him a few weeks ago when I went to see him before he died). 

Mom is bringing out the folder of what he did to the bike on Thursday so I have some research to do, think he said he had the dyno printouts, not sure if they will be in what she brings...  I don't care much either way for a few HP...just like that dad set it up and will ride it as is for quite awhile. 

I have only started it and run it for a few seconds due to time constraints the past few days, but it sounds awesome.  I am more concerned with the issues I am going to have from it sitting for over a year...have some dry rotted vac hoses, fluid changes etc that I am the most worried about. 

Going to treat it like I am breaking it on until I am sure everything shakes out...hope to have time to ride over to the dealer in New River just to look around and get a feel for the place on Saturday morning.

Bottom line - Just gonna ride it for now - worry about other stuff later. 

Sean

Sean M Cary

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »

Ooops, forgot to mention one thing.  As good as the exhuast system might be; that "Hypercharger" air cleaner isn't helping you out much.

It is hurting anything?

Sean

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 08:24:01 PM »

It is hurting anything?

Sean

Dramatically?  Not really.  But they don't allow nearly as good of performance as many other options.  Also, just for what it's worth; because it is an all bling with no improvement part (that is in the performance part environment) having it on often leaves the impression of a newbie who's looking to style without knowing he's got putt-putt parts on.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 08:26:10 PM »

Thanks - my dad had it dyno'd after he did some of the upgrades, he said it was around 100 - 109 HP and/or torque he couldn't remember (this was me talking to him a few weeks ago when I went to see him before he died). 

If it's running that well Sean it's easy to say if it ain't broke don't fix it :2vrolijk_21: .   Can't argue with that at all. 

Y'know what?  I've got a few things of my dads that won't change either.  Even if they aren't 100%.  They were his 100%.  And that's an entirely different standard.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 10:53:23 AM »

I'm 6'6" 240ish a Marine Corps Martial Arts Program Instructor and I carry large caliber pistols with black talons - I am not worried what people think about me.  :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:  That and the fact that I AM a newbie at this aspect of motorcycle care and feeding...negates my worries.  8)

Kidding aside, I really don't care about the potential newby banner, and will make improvements as I see them required. 

I am worried about what I hear about the cams and the gear vs the chain drive, but have only done cursory reading/research on the subject.  That is something dad mentioned as a requirement...and I see complaints about them on the 103's.

Sean

Well, at least you're no longer a Nebie now Sean! :o ;D

Yep, cam chain tensioners are a very weak link on those motors. Have em checked before they have a chance to take out your oil pump and subsequently take your engine out too! ;)

And BTW, thank you for your service to this great nation, an for helping to protect and preserve our freedom! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 10:54:54 AM »

I'm 6'6" 240ish a Marine Corps Martial Arts Program Instructor and I carry large caliber pistols with black talons - I am not worried what people think about me.  :rifle: :rifle: :rifle:  That and the fact that I AM a newbie at this aspect of motorcycle care and feeding...negates my worries.  8)

Kidding aside, I really don't care about the potential newby banner, and will make improvements as I see them required. 

I am worried about what I hear about the cams and the gear vs the chain drive, but have only done cursory reading/research on the subject.  That is something dad mentioned as a requirement...and I see complaints about them on the 103's.

Sean

Sean
       I was thrilled to be called a newbie when I joined the site. Wish they'd still refer to me that way.  :P

The issue with the cam chain tensioners is something that is a bit different on every 103. Some go at 18k, some last into the 40k range. The thing is that if you run em till they break an you have an Extended Warranty Plan on that bike, your dealer will repair them under the warranty using the later technology style tensioners they came out with on the Dyna's in 06. If you take it in and they're worn pretty good, but not broken you'll foot the bill yourself. You need to verify what I said above with the local dealer as well as make sure your Dad bought the ESP. The bike would be under warranty till aprx late 09 or 2010 if he did.

Best of luck
                 B B
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.681 seconds with 21 queries.