Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance & Hines - Rinehart - or - Neither?  (Read 12490 times)

vtwinaholic

Vance & Hines - Rinehart - or - Neither?
« on: August 12, 2008, 08:03:40 PM »

I know this is the type of topic that is beat to death - so THANKS in advance!

I've got an '08 CVO Springer and am trying to figure out what pipes to put on it... I want them to be loud, but not obnoxious like Pythons can be... And, I want long pipes (not short ones like the Big Radius etc)... I have Vance & Hines true duals on a dresser and like the sound of them... But I don't know if I want V&H pipes on this springer...

Who has Rineharts - and what do you like about them?..

Who has Vance & Hines - and what do you like about them?...

Who has neither - what do you like?...

If you have photos - please post them....

RoadKingHog

• Black Diamond/Silver Dust
  • Junior CVO Member
  • May the sun shine ahead, and the wind at your back

• CVO1: 2008 Road King
    • CVO2: 2010 Softail Convertible
Re: Vance & Hines - Rinehart - or - Neither?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 10:32:31 PM »

I have the Rinehart True Duels on my Road King CVO and really like the sound and performance - sound great - deeper throatier than similar duel Vance & Hines ovals.  I have the Vance & Hines long shots on my Heritage Classic and really like the performance and sound on that bike too.  Overall I believe Vance & Hines has a little better quality finish (closer tolerance fit on the heat shields and less ripples at attach brackets, etc., smoother chrome, etc.)

On the CVO, the bike dyno'd at 95.8 HP; 115.8 torque with the Rinhearts, SE Heavy Breather, Power Commander III.
2008 Road King SE
Rinehart True Duals
SE Heavy Breather
TTS Tuner
CC Seats solo seat
Progressive 940 Rear Shocks
Motolights
Kuryakyn Floorboard Relocator Brackets
Heel Guard

chainring

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 02:08:25 PM »

I've got Rineharts on my Springer.  I mostly like the way they look and how they cleaned up the rear of the bike by uncovering the wheel and tire.  I think they sound pretty good too.  They are pretty loud but its impossible for me to compare because I haven't had a chance to spend any time near to any other pipes this being my first HD.  Its getting tuned this weekend so I'll probably be able to give a sound update after all the popping and backfiring is eliminated.
08 FXSTSSE2 Black

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 07:26:24 AM »

I'm running V&H TRUE DUAL BIG SHOTS on my 07 SERK which i think is the same as LONG SHOTS for your bike, I removed V&H baffels and installed BIG CITY THUNDER"S THUNDER MONSTER BAFFELS. The THUNDER MONSTERS helped on HP & TQ and have a great sound, to me this set up sounds better than the RH'S at idle and low speed and they will also talk to you when you get on the throttle as well as the RH'S but they don't sound as good at idle and low speed. I like to hear that harley thump and i just liked the look of the V&H a little better.

LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »

As you can see, a lot boils down to personal preference.  For the best performance, you'd probably want a 2-into-1 set up, (like the D&D Fat Cat, Vance & Hines Pro Pipe, Rineharts, etc.).  If you're going for looks, then it has to be what hits you the most and what sounds the closest to what you want.   I personally, have the V&H duals with ovals (I know, this doesn't help you with your springer) on the Jester and love them.  On my Street Glide, I have the V&H Pro Pipe.  The dealership told me that was the first time they had put a 2-in-1 on a Street Glide since they had been selling SGs, and my SG was the talk of the dealership when they got them on.  It sounds great, runs great, and I'm really getting use to the single pipe look on a bagger.  It seems to fit in well on a Street Glide.  As was stated before, and I'm obviously partial, the Vance and Hines have excellent fit and finish.  Like I said it boils down to what you want, go out find bikes that have the various pipes on that your thinking about, listen to them, if you can, and ask the owner what he/she thinks of them, then make your decision.  Good luck with your choice.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

harleyguynv

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SEUC Red & Black
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:14:24 PM »

I am running Fuel Moto's setup which is a Power Commander, Screamin Eagle A/C and Rush/Jackpot mufflers with Jamie's special baffles. They have a great deep sound.  Dyno Jet dynoed the bike for me and it runs great! 2 weekends ago I was riding with a group and my friend has an 07 SERK with a race tuner and python slip-ons. We were riding on the highway and raced from about 70-110 mph. I was riding 2 up he was by himself and I slightly pulled him till about 105mph. Just my 2 cents. Oh I have an 07 SEUC.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 12:30:41 AM »

FAT CATS

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.