Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Bagger Brace Review  (Read 37034 times)

BaggerDave

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
Re: Bagger Brace Review
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 02:48:24 PM »

Here's a quick photo of it on my bike.
(I think I need to wash my rear tire and wheel, huh!)  :-\
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:58:40 PM by BaggerDave »

D&D Fatcats
Doherty PowerPACC
SE Pro Super Tuner
HP 100 TQ 116

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 03:03:12 PM »

I just ordered one, looks good. I will post my opinion once it's on.

sawyerghost

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 03:40:54 PM »

I just spoke with Ron, at Bagger Brace. He stated that he can do (free shiping for us) But at this time he is slim on his margin.
He explains that it works, and is very easy to mount.
Sawyer Ghost

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 04:02:36 PM »

I put the True-Track on last week and have noticed a differance as well.  In town, my bike seems a little more steady when I come accross a tar snake in the roadway.  On the curves, granted these are suburb/hill curves so nothing radical, the back end seems more glued to the payment.

Like was stated earlier, they all work on the same principal and I'm sure all are good.  Probably some are less expensive than others.  My personal opinion is that its not a 15 minute job but more like an hour assuming your bike is in alignment and no cross member is bent to start with... :coolblue:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2008, 06:42:02 PM »

Looks nice.

All of these units claim the same thing and all the rider-installers feel they work well.

But once you spent 300+ for one design you are hard pressed to throw it away and put the next latest greatest design on.

I would be curious to see a definitive test on the 4 major players here and see who wins. If the improvement was significant I would be willing to try it. For those of us that have the Ride Str8 though that would mean buying new parts for the ones you returned for the core charge.

Duane,

I don't think there are clear winners as I believe they all do work about the same. If you have the Ride-Str8, I don't think you'd see improvement by switching. They're all functional, you just have to pick the one you like best.

:indian_chief:

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2008, 07:35:31 PM »

Hi Sporty Gordy,

Can you give me informationon the TRW version that you like?

Daaa,, I got the R and W backwards..  :nixweiss:   It is TWR Stabilizer.  :2vrolijk_21:

This is Tracy's site. I think a lot of folks were happy with this. I've read nothing but good on HD-Forums as well. But like what Chief points out, they are all functional for the same purpose. I think the price tag and personal preference is the key. After seeing some additional pictures i don't think the ground clearance is an issue with Bagger Dave's as i stated earlier. 

http://www.twrbaggersplus.com/Stabilizerkits.html
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:22:43 PM by sportygordy »

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »

I don't think there are clear winners as I believe they all do work about the same. If you have the Ride-Str8, I don't think you'd see improvement by switching. They're all functional, you just have to pick the one you like best.

Agree on all points. At the time the Ride Str8 was the only unit that did not interfere with the bike jack either. The brackets that bolt up into the the dogbone use the space that I set the jack at.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 FXDB-sold
    • CVO2: FLHRSE4-sold
    • CVO3: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 10:59:59 AM »

Could you possibly post the installation instructions?  I would like to see what is involved in installing before pulling the trigger. Thanks.

I emailed them directly and asked for a copy of the installation instructions.

Here they are . . . .

p.s. Will the brace that mounts inside the crossmember interfere with using a motorcycle lift??
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:01:57 AM by brewnut56 »

maineultraclassic

• Junior CVO Member
  • Not a CVO bike, but still a blast to ride!!
    • Steve's Harley
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 09:24:49 PM »

p.s. Will the brace that mounts inside the crossmember interfere with using a motorcycle lift??

Why would it, the lift has a flat surface on it so it would just press on the brace.

My lift doesn't fit inside the frame crossmember, so to have the brace inside it would be better for me.

Steve
--------------------------------
2005 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic FLHTCUI
--------------------------------
95" Powered by Big Boyz Heads, Woods Cams, Doherty A/C, TTS, Fatcat, Hillside TB, and Cometic
Built by Me, Tuned by Bean

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 09:53:36 PM »

Why would it, the lift has a flat surface on it so it would just press on the brace.

My lift doesn't fit inside the frame crossmember, so to have the brace inside it would be better for me.

Steve

With many (most?) lifts, the rear arm sits in the channel of the dog bone.  This is the best balance point for standard sized jacks, and placing the arm in the channel also helps keep the bike from sliding around on the jack once it's elevated.  When you fill that channel with one of these devices, the jack will have to either be moved forward to miss the bracket or be allowed to contact the new bracket.  Either will affect the balance point and the leveling of the bike.

One other consideration, this also eliminates the ability to install other accessories which fit in that dog bone such as a center stand.  Another thing to look at is the loss of clearance at the oil pan.  From the photo's in the instructions it looks like the trans pan bracket would reduce ground clearance by nearly an inch.  May be acceptable on a standard height bike, but since I've already dragged the pan on my SEEG more than once over whoops in parking lots I don't think this thing would be a great idea on a lowered bike.  Other alternatives I've seen don't hang down this much.

Just some things to think about when comparing products.  As noted earlier, they all will have a similar affect, just different ways to a similar result.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

BaggerDave

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 04:39:43 PM »

Anybody else have theirs installed yet?
I'd love to hear if you all agree with my review!

D&D Fatcats
Doherty PowerPACC
SE Pro Super Tuner
HP 100 TQ 116

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 04:53:37 PM »

Couldn't tell with any certainty from the photos.  Does the brace anywhere or in any way hang lower than the frame rails?

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 11:40:28 PM »

Anybody else have theirs installed yet?
I'd love to hear if you all agree with my review!
I haven't got mine yet, I called them and said they were out of some parts and shipping this week.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2008, 12:00:03 AM »

Couldn't tell with any certainty from the photos.  Does the brace anywhere or in any way hang lower than the frame rails?

Answering myself here.  Must be the voices.  Anyway....

Just got an email from the mftr.  States that with this unit installed the the dogbone is still the lowest point.  That being so speed bumps or Evel Kneiveling the occasional curb would be no more hazard than they were to begin with.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2008, 06:21:37 AM »

Answering myself here.  Must be the voices.  Anyway....

Just got an email from the mftr.  States that with this unit installed the the dogbone is still the lowest point.  That being so speed bumps or Evel Kneiveling the occasional curb would be no more hazard than they were to begin with.

Don, you think it will make the use of my J&S Jack harder/out of the question?  I would go the ride str8 if that was the case...too much $$ for the jack, and I love the damn thing since it is so stable.

I e-mailed them last night, no response yet.

Sean
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.