Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: new seat  (Read 11642 times)

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
Re: new seat
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2005, 07:00:54 PM »

Ok people here it goes. I have an 06 SEFB and I assume the seat is as the 05, it looks the same to me.
I have read this post twice,lol and then I went and got a ButtBuffer put it on and my azz still hurts after
only 50 miles, there was a little difference, but not 100 dollers difference. I do not know what to do. I
need some serious input here please. And Slick did the people supply the gel insert for your seat? and
did they add any foam? And is it comfy. Thank you all.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 02:37:13 PM by ty1on2 »
I'M OUT OF MY MIND, LEAVE A MESSAGE

2006 SE Fat Boy, Autumn Haze/ Abyss Blue
V&H Big Shots Staggered,HD Bags To Match,
Flush Mount Gas Caps,PC111USB
1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike
V&H Pipes, and lots of other goodies

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2005, 07:33:23 PM »

A combination of the seat breaking-in and your butt toughing-up will do the trick up to a point.  Depends on the amt. of miles you want to ride ea. day.  Remember, it's a see-saw with comfort on one end and looks on the other.  Gain on one, lose on the other.  Har!   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]     spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2005, 02:34:03 PM »

Well Spydglide I dont think I can wait for that seat to break in, after all, it's is like a board,lol
I think I'll talk to Slick and try his route, his seat is bad to the bone. As long as it's comfy.
Thanks for the reply tho, Mr Spydglide [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 12:00:10 AM »

So far the only solution is replace it with a comfy one. The design of the seat does not allow for much additional padding or gel, and the gel is a mental thing. If your ass is hard and you got some weight to ya that seat will never be comfy once ya squish all the gel from between the frame and your ass, then your still sittin on the frame!

It's all personal opinion, taste, type of riding you do etc. For me the seat is great for barhopping, but for distance I want the biggest ugliest most comfy thing I can find!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2005, 06:57:39 PM »

Thanks for the input sefatboyscott. well first I don't have much weight to me @ 5'10" > 170lb.
but I still need to talk to Slick to see how comfy his seat is. My riding style is 100 too 200 miles
per outting. And I own a new sundowner, and it is the biggest, ugliest seat I have found to date,lol
but the stock seat makes the bike, in my opinion. So I need to have the stock seat reworked.
Thanks again sefatboyscott, for input. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2005, 05:27:41 AM »

I must admit I have tried an other seat but personally don't have any problem with the stock seat . I normally ride for up to 2 hours & I thought I had a boney ass.But like I said don't have any drama with the stocker, I actually think it is quite comfy. Maybe my riding position is different due to my forward controls & T-Bars.
As for the other seat I bought a Tallboy, probably was more comfy but made my Fatboy look like a Fatgirl. I did not think that the slight increase in comfort justified totally destroying the look of my bike. (if I was after that look I would have bought a SERK or a SEEG) The pillion was about 12 inches wide. I do 95% of my riding solo anyway. I probably tried another seat to see what all the noise was about. My stealer happily refunded my money (all $550 AUD)

[smiley=drink.gif]

FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2005, 09:27:23 AM »

Hey Aussie Mike, gotta give your Dealer a 'atta-boy'!  That's what I call a good Dealer-Client relationship, huh?  :-?  Har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2005, 07:53:55 AM »

Ok people here it goes. I have an 06 SEFB and I assume the seat is as the 05, it looks the same to me.
I have read this post twice,lol and then I went and got a ButtBuffer put it on and my azz still hurts after
only 50 miles, there was a little difference, but not 100 dollers difference. I do not know what to do. I
need some serious input here please. And Slick did the people supply the gel insert for your seat? and
did they add any foam? And is it comfy. Thank you all.

The seat on the 06 SE Fatty is a little different than that of the 05's. They made changes in the rear end of the 06's, wider tire and fender, much wider. So the seats on these bikes won't interchange.  Hope you don't have to wait too long for Corbin or Mustang or whatever aftermarket company you might go with to make a seat for you. I don't think Harley even has another seat yet for your bike. You may have to do some calling around to check this out. Good luck. Sandy

Sandy :)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2005, 10:18:28 AM »

my dealer said the same thing, the seat is different and is not intechangable with
the 05, because they moved some stuff under the seat. i think ill just ride it like this
i will probably feel no difference [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

http://flhrsei.org/yabb2/Attachments/DSCN0504.jpg
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2005, 01:05:49 PM »

Nope you won't feel any difference other than those small 12v shocks when your umm unit connects the positive and negative terminals on the battery! [smiley=nervous.gif]
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2005, 04:21:31 PM »

I can't work you dudes out, you ride in freezing conditions & don't complain about the cold, but you can't get over the seat. Maybe the cold conditions make the seat uncomfortable!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 04:22:38 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Mrs Red Hot

• Harley Lover
  • Senior CVO Member
  • One sweet ride and Red Hot!
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2005, 04:58:12 PM »

my dealer said the same thing, the seat is different and is not intechangable with
the 05, because they moved some stuff under the seat. i think ill just ride it like this
i will probably feel no difference [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

http://flhrsei.org/yabb2/Attachments/DSCN0504.jpg

They didn't just move some things back there. The 06 is a whole other animal compared to the 05's, in some ways anyway. The 05's like mine have a 150 rear tire and a 90 front. The 06's have a 200 rear tire and a 150 in the front. The 06's are much beefer than the 05's. The rear end is totally different and fatter, that's why the seats want interchange. Also why it might be a while before anyone with an 06 can find any kind of a new seat. You guys will just have to call around to see what if anything might be available yet. As for us with the 05's, anything that will fit a stock Fatboy will fit our bikes. Sandy
Sandy :)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2005, 05:08:13 PM »

You guys will just have to call around to see what if anything might be available yet. As for us with the 05's, anything that will fit a stock Fatboy will fit our bikes. Sandy

Also I figured it would be worth mentioning that some of the seat manufacturers, Mustang being one of them will say that their regular fatboy seats won't fit the 05 CVO and it does. They say this because of complaints from some customers having lost their chrome trim around the seat when they switch seats according to a rep at Mustang.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Ty1on2

• 2006 SE FatBoy

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2005, 06:47:32 PM »

Hey Mrs. Red Hot, I dont know who makes the sundowner seat, but thats what I have on my SE FatBoy right now.
So they do have another seat for those who can't stand the stock seat, like me, lol. And I do miss the chrome
around the stock seat, that kinda ties everything together. As far as looks go. As far as having to wait for some
seat person to make me a seat, I'm going to do the same thing that Slick had done to his seat. Send them my
seat and throw all the Bull Sh-t away from inside the seat and start over, to fit me. Like maybe 3/4 of an inch
of fome & a gel pad all tucked in a real nice leather cover. I just find hard to belive that HD made a seat for just
looks on a 30.000 dollar bike>>>>LOL, the joke is on me.  :-[

1999 FXSTC-Wifes Bike

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2005, 07:07:48 PM »

Hey Mrs. Red Hot, I dont know who makes the sundowner seat, but thats what I have on my SE FatBoy right now.
quote]

H-D makes the sundowner
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.