Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Looking for comments on 110 issuses  (Read 12184 times)

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
Re: Looking for comments on 110 issuses
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 03:43:13 AM »

Ok what about the 09's as I haven't heard anything about problems there yet.
2012 Road glide ultra 103
DD7 Baker, S&S 570, Fulsac DX, 2"
SE CNC heads 58mm throttle body
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
150WW Avon Venom rear tire
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 05:13:11 AM »

Donny Peterson told me very early this year that he had determined the cause of the 110 problems
(...)

That is very funny in itself. The best solution so far seems to buy an '09. Right?

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2008, 07:43:24 AM »

I love mine too. I have never owned anything that was without problems. I just deal with it or get rid of it and move own. No point in crying about something I have no control over.  :2vrolijk_21:

You have control over your motorcycle! Not them!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2008, 07:56:55 AM »

You have control over your motorcycle! Not them!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
.... but what about the war...ty??  :nixweiss:  :nervous:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2008, 07:58:49 AM »

.... but what about the war...ty??  :nixweiss:  :nervous:

That's part of the decision under your control! And you know my answer already!!! ???

FTW!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Buzz Kanter / Editor in Chief AIM looking into the 110 problems?
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2008, 08:31:06 AM »

HeHe!!! Just don't try to tickle me!!! :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Hoist - red friendly, cheerful monster loves playing, laughing, looking at books, learning and who likes gold fish. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 08:32:59 AM by Mrs.We »

GOMO

• www.GOMOtorcycling.org
  • Junior CVO Member
    • GOMOtorcycling
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2008, 08:52:40 AM »

I just received my December issue of AIM in the mail and noticed on the last page for topics for the next issue (January 09) that they have H-D's 110 motor to be covered in their Techline column. Should be interesting what will be discussed.
http://www.gomotorcycling.org
2007 Red FLHTCUSE2
MSF - RiderCoach New York State
American Iron Magazine - Safety Columnist
(http://www.aimag.com)
HOG -AMA - MRF -ABATE
Fred Rau Motorcycling
Online Touring Magazine
H-D Columnist
http://www.fredraumotorcycling.com

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2008, 09:28:55 AM »

What really amazes me is just how many folks continue to give H-D a free pass on the quality and reliability issues.  And it's not just about the CVO110, it's about all the electrical and electronic issues, paint issues, other powertrain issues, and most of all the crappy customer service issues.  They continue to use lies as their first response to any and all problems, and only reconsider those lies after problems become so widespread that they can't sweep them under the rug.  

Perhaps if the faithful had been more demanding of the MoCo over the past 20 years, we would now have high quality and reliability backed by great customer service.  I do know that we will never see major changes from H-D management until the customers demand it.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2008, 09:48:17 AM »

No Jerry.  It is ingrained with them that thier poop don't stink but how they train the staff to lie and abfuscate any questions are amazing at just about every dealership I have been too as well.

Case in point; picking up my 09 flhtcuse4 Saturday...

Me: "jeez the paint looks orange peely" Them;"oh because they powder coat the fender"
Me: "jeez that kickstand leans the bike over, is there a fix" Them;"It already has the part on "
Me: "jeez, listen to those piston slapping" Them;"Thats normal"
Me: "jeez, this thing is so hot the rear cyilinder shuts off, thats kinda hot, don't ja think? Them "Thats normal"
Me: "jeez, this is my 6th new HD in 10 years, why is it getting worse?" Them " Thats normal"

I go look at 15-20 other bikes, all chitty finish, all of them...they make more noise than my 1935.

This is my last hurrah, I hope it lasts, at 35k it is too much for so little.

I don't want to be sniviling, "it is what it is"...

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2008, 10:33:34 AM »

What really amazes me is just how many folks continue to give H-D a free pass on the quality and reliability issues.  And it's not just about the CVO110, it's about all the electrical and electronic issues, paint issues, other powertrain issues, and most of all the crappy customer service issues.  They continue to use lies as their first response to any and all problems, and only reconsider those lies after problems become so widespread that they can't sweep them under the rug. 

Perhaps if the faithful had been more demanding of the MoCo over the past 20 years, we would now have high quality and reliability backed by great customer service.  I do know that we will never see major changes from H-D management until the customers demand it.

Jerry

If the "faithful" had been more demanding they would have had to buy other equipment and most likely Harley would have been out of business, just ask the faithful Indian owners.
I am not sure that really serves us well, but we could be all riding Wings.
I also do not subscribe that Harley get a pass, but if you look at their history the product over the last 30 years is
much better now.
Paint quality was not even up for discussion in the "old days", all you wanted was not to leak more oil than a tank of gas would carry you before you had a chance to get more.
Harley Davidson exists because of the "faithful", not because of their stellar customer service (never was), not because their extreme reliability, not because of their cutting edge technology, not because of their attention to detail, but because they had a heritage and a very loyal following.
The "loyal following" may be also their eventual downfall, if they cannot evolve due to lack of customer interest.
I think we buy them because of their lineage and it is at times nostalgic to go back to times we remember.
If you wanted state of the art technology and the highest reliability and quality control, you would come to the conclusion that "metric" might serve you better.
I have had "metric" and I prefer the HD product, but then again I am older and wiser (mostly have more discretionary income).

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

mad brad

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »

had a chance to buy a 08 loaded ultra 110cvo i passed after all the comments on here , :soapbox:my o1 flhri non cvo was a pile of--- when i got it new in 01 it had the same cylinder leaks as the 110 s they  put dye in said the ticking was normal the piston slap etc i nit picked this bike fo twelve months they had it more then me i did not get the ext warr but did stick it to them, i redlined the bike on the expressway and made it pour oil  all over there service dept the next day, they put in a crankcase cyls etc you are right the newer you go the more problems buy a older one and load it up with aftermarket parts they are way better then ,and will perform come on willie g get back the quality that you need the yuppies dont ride them so they dont care we do  very MAD BRAD

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2008, 11:01:06 AM »

It's stupid and a damn shame!!! Cause it's all about the return to shareholders! They really could GAS about customers or employees!!! This chit ain't rocket science and they can take care of EVERY issue they have, for a few more bucks that is! If a dopey cutomer like me knows what to do the these bikes, then surely the big bad MoCo, with their army of engineers, can get these things perfect! But they don't! Why is that? Cause the almight $$$ is more important than their customers or their quality!!! So.......

FTS!!! and FTF!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2008, 05:39:29 PM »

Ok - Yes it's a different message board, but American Iron is looking for comments on issues with your 110 (providing you had some ;) ). Here is the link in the event you would like to add something

http://www.aimag.com/public_html/forums/engines/4176-harley-cvo-110-inch-issues.html

If they're asking that question perhaps they should release a suppliment :-X

weamdog

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4
    • Virtual Garage
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2008, 05:55:33 PM »

AIM sucks!  They didn't want to listen when the MoCo was in their denial campaign so why would they listen now.  Piss on them and their mag.
'00 FLSTS
'09 FLHTCUSE4 (Autumn Haze/Octane Orange)

mad brad

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 09:13:36 AM »

paint lemons on the tank fenders bags park it in front of dealer we had a customer do this at a car dealer i worked at ,every sat it was right next to the showroom he got a new eng from them he would go early and drop it off maybe have lemon magnets made and all who are unhappy ride around with them or rally at the plant just a thought  mad brad 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.