Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Sony Head Unit/Biketronics Install Advice for '01 SERG  (Read 7110 times)

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: Sony Head Unit/Biketronics Install Advice for '01 SERG
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 08:43:54 AM »

Hey Rick,

I unfortunately don't have an IPOD (yet), which according to the instructions for the cdx-630ui is connected through the USB port.  I can't answer on how much control you have with the handlebar controls, but through the head unit itself, according to it's instructions, you press mode to select play mode and that mode changes as follows resuming---album---track---podcast---genre---playlist---artist so I am guessing you have full control through the head unit.  The extent of control through the handlebar controls is probably a question for Biketronics - their website is www.biketronics.com.   Regarding the addition of an AMP, I'd say my set-up IMHO is plenty loud for my tastes  8) but if you are going the amp route, I think I'd look at the Titan speaker upgrade.  There is actually a complete package listed on EBAY - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180328207746&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem= for $899.00

Also, here are a couple of sites listed on the box of the cdx-630ui for additional info regarding the IPOD nano, IPOD 5th generation, classic, touch and Iphone with that particular head unit:

http://esupport.sony.com
http://www.sony.com/xplod

Good luck with your installation Rick - let us know how it goes (and sounds).  Remember to keep an eye on that issue I mentioned regarding the tilt of the radio, unless you are 6'8" or more, like me for instance at 6'2", you are likely to see that the display is noticably dimmer than if you stand up slightly on your pegs/footboards.  I am still thinking about the best way to address that myself...

Cheers,

Randy (Blue)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 07:25:55 PM by BlueSEI2 »
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 09:54:16 AM »

Thanks for the scoop. Ill post when do the install, dont think Im  not gonna use the typical "bike speakers" Ive been looking at some Polk audio and Alpines. Biketronix makes a 6 1/2 inch adaptor so Im gonna pull my faring apart and check on clearance with the back of the speaker. I used to own a stereo shop many years ago so I know i can get better equipt for less than $900. Keep ya posted.  :2vrolijk_21:
a.k.a  Dent Dude

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 03:34:27 PM »

Rick,

Agreed that you should be able to beat $900.  I have just under $375 in my entire project.  You are going upscale on a couple of components but even so, some patience and diligence should get-er-done for much less.  Look forward to updates on yours.

Blue
Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.