Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Auxiliary Switched ZUMO Cable  (Read 9832 times)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Auxiliary Switched ZUMO Cable
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 11:02:48 AM »

The new design was not available when you ordered. I was working on another design because some people were having issues with a sensitive microphone. This issue was due to the type of cell phone they have. Some cell phones with Bluetooth technology have very poor quality (not all cell phones are created equal) and I designed a new circuit that helped with this problem. The new design incorporated a tuning screw and some electronic circuitry which basically allowed the user to adjust the volume of the stock microphone and reduced the signal to the Zumo's microphone input. By doing this the cell phone’s Bluetooth was able to deliver a clearer speech pattern to the caller. I won’t go into how this was done as that is the issue being debated at present.  I really should not have even tried this solution as I was trying to improve the quality of poor Bluetooth circuits employed by some cell phone manufactures so the user did not have to go out and buy a better phone.

It differed in that you did not have to use the Auxiliary Switch or drill a hole as the other two designs I had. No switch, just answer the call and talk, it also allowed the passenger to hear the conversation.

A better mouse trap so to speak, but it looks like I will have to drop it because I really do not have the money to fight this, I already spent more then I wanted on this. I'm not getting rich on this in the first place and I have already spent all the money I have made on these cables plus some of my own. Being retired I simply can't afford it.

How they found out about it is another thing....I think I know but I better keep it to myself or I may end up being sued as I can not prove it.

Sounds like their scare tactic might work. You should let us know who this company is. I know of two other companies offering a similar product (there may be more but im just not aware of them). One is J&M Audio the other is Kennedy Technologies and both of their products are so ridiculously priced most wont even consider buying them. Your product is priced fair and i think that is what they are worried about. Your offering a product that works at 90% less then other selfish bastards are offering. I wish you would share who they are, so i can choose not to give them any of my future business. If your attorney says you are safe then sell it. Let the other guy take you to court so you can counter sue the hell out em..  :2vrolijk_21:

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 04:26:36 PM »

The cable was designed for the Harley Headset; it's possible the IMC has different impedance. Just a thought since I don’t have an IMC to test this.

I started working on a new design a few weeks ago when this all came about just in case. It is also a hand’s free, no switch design and I have so far perfected the idea. I still have to make up a prototype and test it on the bike at highway speeds.

It looks promising at the moment as pre-trials with the engine running was good. The speech quality is very good according to the people I called. I still have a few more details to figure out.

The only draw-back I see now is that you have to give up the coiled headset cable for a straight cord. I'm still looking into this but it would be costly to rectify.
Ride It Like You Are Retired

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 08:45:10 AM »

My lawyer called late yesterday.  :zzz:   Long story short I'm not going to be using the contested electronic circuit.  :soapbox:  I spent way more money   on this then I want so I'm going to drop it.

I started offering the switched design again on my site and I'm working on a new design that does not even remotly resemble anything on this planet or any other planet in this solar system. I can't speak for the rest of the galaxy!

Thanks for your support on this.  :dankk2:

http://home.comcast.net/~jbissonette1/site/

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.