Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Hog Tune Vendors  (Read 4451 times)

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
Hog Tune Vendors
« on: May 05, 2009, 10:56:38 PM »

I had looked on the Hog tunes website and the price is $189.95 for the Hog Pod and the 6 speaker system is $549.95. Has anyone done business with www.rideshack.com and can give me some feedback? Their price is $154.95 for the hog pod and $389.95. Substantial savings over the listed retail pricing. I had heard Pez gives a discount to CVO members? Can anyone tell me?

Decano

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SEUC2
Re: Hog Tune Vendors
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:37:45 PM »

Why don't you try www.mandmcycles.com and get the hog pod for 139.95?

chanman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 09:54:43 PM »

appreciate the info. I have checked out the m&m site before they do have great pricing. Have you used them before?I had someone tell me the speakers you get off the hogtunes website are the new upgraded speakers. I wonder how you find out if one of these other vendors are selling you the new ones also. Does anyone know if the system or speakers have changes part numbers I would hate to not get the newest speakers but then I dont wan tto pay 500 bucks when they can be purchased for considerably less

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »

Call Pez and talk to him directly, let him know you are a forum member and he will extend a discount, better than that, when you buy directly from Hog Tunes-- you have a NO QUESTIONS asked LIFE TIME warranty!! Not so with sub vendors!
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

chanman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 10:00:58 PM »

Thanks I will call him but 150 bucks difference is a lot of cash warranty or no...if its the great product everyone tells me about warranty souldnt be a concern

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 10:05:57 PM »

Mark at M&M is first class and will take care of you.

Decano

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SEUC2
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 10:23:12 PM »

appreciate the info. I have checked out the m&m site before they do have great pricing. Have you used them before?I had someone tell me the speakers you get off the hogtunes website are the new upgraded speakers. I wonder how you find out if one of these other vendors are selling you the new ones also. Does anyone know if the system or speakers have changes part numbers I would hate to not get the newest speakers but then I dont wan tto pay 500 bucks when they can be purchased for considerably less

Yes, I have ordered many things from M & M before. Almost everything they sell is 20% or more below others' prices. Call or e-mail them about the new ones.  They have been quick and honest with me in the past.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 12:11:40 AM »

I had looked on the Hog tunes website and the price is $189.95 for the Hog Pod and the 6 speaker system is $549.95. Has anyone done business with www.rideshack.com and can give me some feedback? Their price is $154.95 for the hog pod and $389.95. Substantial savings over the listed retail pricing. I had heard Pez gives a discount to CVO members? Can anyone tell me?

Those prices are about $110 less than what I paid direct from HogTunes with the discount.  Actually, it's $110 less on the 6 speaker setup, and I paid about the same for the HogPod through a local vendor, so $110 lost by purchasing direct.  I sure wish someone would have pointed out that these were available for so much less elsewhere at a earlier date.  So, in essence, our CVO discount price is more than 20% higher than buying them elsewhere.  I mentioned in another thread earlier today that I was very happy with my dealings with HogTunes.  Guess who is no longer real happy?  I spent $110.10 too much on the $500 direct purchase of the 6 speaker group from Hogtunes.  I guess I'm glad I didn't buy the pod direct also.  I'm going to have to check the warranty on the Hog Pod and see what it says, since this was purchased from an outside vendor.  Do they really have a different warranty if you purchase the speakers directly from them?  How many years am I going to have this system anyway?  Sorry, but all this hype about how great the company is and now I find this out.  I hope someone can give me an explanation that makes me feel better about being taken advantage of.  Rideshack's ad shows the new, upgraded speakers with their part #'s listed, so where's the justification in paying HogTunes a higher price?  I talked directly with Pez, and the CVO discount obviously was not better than what I'm now seeing out there, in fact it's 28% higher than the $389.95 price offered by rideshack.com.  Yes, Rideshack offers free shipping also.

Here's the thing though.  My stupidity for not shopping around to see if someone had them for less, but it appears from this thread that a few people knew they were available for less elsewhere.  With all the posts that have been made about these speakers, why didn't someone mention this in a post for everyone to see?  If I were the first one to find this information, I know I certainly would have shared it with the group immediately.

chanman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 01:34:48 AM »

Dude, I didnt know I was the one asking the question inquiring about rideshack,So your saying you believe the system that rideshack has is the upgraded system and not the older speakers? Thats what I was trying to be sure of I didnt want to be buying older stock as I had heard hogtunes had upgraded the speakers recently.Sorry that it didnt work out for you on the pricing. I am always slow and soo cheap when it comes to purchasing items for the bike. The internet is an amazing thing.
It looks like someone did say M&Mcycles had the hog pod for even less, another 15 dollars under the price of rideshack. I know when I priced a race tuner it was 100 bucks cheaper at Zanottis and Chicago Harley than it was at my Local dealer, I had priced some pipes on M&M and they were about 100 bucks less expensive than around here
These days you have to shop around
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:38:36 AM by chanman »

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 01:59:13 AM »

Dude, I didnt know I was the one asking the question inquiring about rideshack,So your saying you believe the system that rideshack has is the upgraded system and not the older speakers? Thats what I was trying to be sure of I didnt want to be buying older stock as I had heard hogtunes had upgraded the speakers recently.Sorry that it didnt work out for you on the pricing. I am always slow and soo cheap when it comes to purchasing items for the bike. The internet is an amazing thing.
It looks like someone did say M&Mcycles had the hog pod for even less, another 15 dollars under the price of rideshack. I know when I priced a race tuner it was 100 bucks cheaper at Zanottis and Chicago Harley than it was at my Local dealer, I had priced some pipes on M&M and they were about 100 bucks less expensive than around here
These days you have to shop around

Like I said, my stupidity for not checking around.  After all the praise of Pez and everything saying to call Pez and he will take care of you, I made the inaccurate assumption that I wasn't going to get better elsewhere.  Live and learn once again.  Anyway, the 902.2 speakers that they are advertising are the new upgrades.  I have to assume from their ad specifically mentioning that new speaker # that this is what they are selling.  I want to go a step further at this point.  I could have gotten these speakers locally for $60 less from someone that orders theirs through Drag Specialties.  Pez told me that I didn't want to do that because Drag was still working off old stock and I wouldn't be getting the updated speakers.  My local store checked and Drag was actually showing out of stock on their computerized inventory, so I'm making an assumption that if I was willing to wait until they had inventory, I would have also gotten the updated speakers from them.  I wasn't really willing to wait, so I would have still purchased mine direct, not knowing that anyone else had them available.  I thought there were no more options since HogTunes site lists 3 available sources besides direct; Drag, Parts Canada, and Parts Europe. Now I know there were other options, but it's too late for me.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 05:00:02 AM by 1abastarsmda »

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 04:50:30 AM »

I looked to see what the difference was in terms of warranty buying direct or through a vendor.  The warranty is 20 years, so if they are giving us a lifetime warranty for purchasing direct, that has no value to me at all.  What are the chances I will still have those speakers more than 20 years, nonetheless try to file a warranty claim on them after 20 years?  I think I could live with a 20 year warranty.  The other difference is that if you purchase from anyone besides direct or through Drag Specialties, you will be responsible for your own inbound and outbound shipping charges for warranty claims.  For $110 less, I think I could live with that, being that's the retail price of 2 brand new speakers they have already collected up front.

I know that this isn't the only vendor out there that charges more directly than going through someone else to buy.  I just went through it with D&D Exhaust, but they told me straight out that it was going to cost me more to buy direct from them.

I know it sounds like I'm being a bit rough on them, but really I'm just doing what we do here on this forum...educating others from experience.  We tell people all the time to call Jenni, go to Zanotti, etc to get lower prices.  We tell people what they should be paying for a particular service at the dealers.  I'm just laying out the facts here so others will know that there is a less expensive route and they can make their own decision on whether the difference in warranty coverage is worth the extra dollars.  I'm not trying to bash Pez here, just pointing out there are less expensive alternatives to get the speakers.  They're still ultimately coming from HogTunes, just not directly.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 05:00:44 AM by 1abastarsmda »

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 05:12:49 AM »

well then, turn it up.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 06:43:06 AM »

well then, turn it up.

I will in about half an hour...I'll be on the road by then

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »

When I ordereed mine, I was told there are other dealers out there that are selling the older (Non Hybrid) speakers at a lower rate (even though they may claim to be the newer speakers).

I don't know how to tell the difference. Just saying is all.

chanman

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 12:27:07 PM »

thats what I need to find out how do you tell the difference? Someone will eventually know and I have time or i will end up purchasing the hawg-wired system
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.