Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Author Topic: Finally got my Tequilla Sunrise!  (Read 24289 times)

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
Re: Finally got my Tequilla Sunrise!
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »

I chose to go with the all chrome Agitator wheels, because the Black and Chrome did not do a lot for me. Now if the rain would only go away in Nashviile, TN. Also, i now need pipes , because the stock ones makes it sound like a Honda.

Any GOOD recommendations? Has Vance and Hines release their Full pipes yet or just slip ons? I AM SO EXCITED...

Can you tell me if those are the Chrome Wheels in the catalogue or are they re-chromed on the dealer's exchange program? The reason I ask is for some reason and i donot know why the Mirror Chrome wheels 47951-10 & 47957-10 in the book states that they only fit '09 Later Road King and Road Glide.

What is odder is that the Contrast Chrome part numbers in the book and which are the standard wheel in FLHXSE say's they will fit all '09 Later Touring except trike???

Can anyone explain that? here is a link for the install instructions.... http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J04979.pdf  and it confirms that issue but without explanation????
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 05:33:30 PM »

Went to visit the local dealership in Mobile, AL today while here on business and they took in me in the back to show me how the owner had tricked out a '10 Street Glide.  They really did a nice job on it, but that wasn't what totally caught my eye.  Sitting over on one of the work tables was a Spiced Rum SESG sitting there getting some items added to it.  One of the things the owner of the bike did was swap out the contrast wheels for the all-chrome version.  I have to say after seeing the chrome wheels on the Spiced Rum, I'm glad I kept my contrast ones.  IMO they look really bad on that color.  Everyone at the dealer, and this was before they knew I had a Spiced Rum SESG, that I talked to back in the service bay said they couldn't understand why he swapped wheels, or it was too much for the Spiced Rum, etc.  Then I told them it caught my eye because a few of the folks on here had done it to their Concords and Tequila Sunrise versions, and I was hoping to see what they looked like on a Spiced Rum because I had one and was pretty sure I was going to stay with the contrast until I saw that bike and now I was very sure I was going to stay with the contrast.  Good thing I didn't waste the money to "trade up" to the all chrome version...wish I would have had my camera because you wouldn't have believed how bad, again IMO, they looked.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 05:39:40 PM »

Went to visit the local dealership in Mobile, AL today while here on business and they took in me in the back to show me how the owner had tricked out a '10 Street Glide.  They really did a nice job on it, but that wasn't what totally caught my eye.  Sitting over on one of the work tables was a Spiced Rum SESG sitting there getting some items added to it.  One of the things the owner of the bike did was swap out the contrast wheels for the all-chrome version.  I have to say after seeing the chrome wheels on the Spiced Rum, I'm glad I kept my contrast ones.  IMO they look really bad on that color.  Everyone at the dealer, and this was before they knew I had a Spiced Rum SESG, that I talked to back in the service bay said they couldn't understand why he swapped wheels, or it was too much for the Spiced Rum, etc.  Then I told them it caught my eye because a few of the folks on here had done it to their Concords and Tequila Sunrise versions, and I was hoping to see what they looked like on a Spiced Rum because I had one and was pretty sure I was going to stay with the contrast until I saw that bike and now I was very sure I was going to stay with the contrast.  Good thing I didn't waste the money to "trade up" to the all chrome version...wish I would have had my camera because you wouldn't have believed how bad, again IMO, they looked.

:devil:good write up....Keith

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 05:40:02 PM »

IMO they look really bad on that color.  Everyone at the dealer, and this was before they knew I had a Spiced Rum SESG, that I talked to back in the service bay said they couldn't understand why he swapped wheels, or it was too much for the Spiced Rum, etc.  :devil:

It's freeky that you posted when you did. I'm just finalizing my wish list for my wife ;) and I was debating the wheel swap. Too bad like you say... no camera... would love to hate the combo to save a few $$$$. They just look so nice on the other colours I just assumed...
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2009, 06:09:10 PM »

It's freeky that you posted when you did. I'm just finalizing my wish list for my wife ;) and I was debating the wheel swap. Too bad like you say... no camera... would love to hate the combo to save a few $$$$. They just look so nice on the other colours I just assumed...

I agree, the pics I've seen of them on the Blue and the Tequila, they looked good... :nixweiss:  I'm glad I got to see them in person on the Spiced Rum....they just don't look "right" to me.   :nixweiss:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 06:10:41 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 11:59:21 AM »

I agree, the pics I've seen of them on the Blue and the Tequila, they looked good... :nixweiss:  I'm glad I got to see them in person on the Spiced Rum....they just don't look "right" to me.   :nixweiss:

Where did you see a pic of them on the Blue? I am thinking about that swap also.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 07:37:19 PM »

Where did you see a pic of them on the Blue? I am thinking about that swap also.

I don't think it was on here, so I'll have to try and see if I can find it again....I only saw one pic of the Blue with the chrome Agitators on it so I'll try to find it.  It's hell getting old...you know the second thing to go is the memory;  I can't remember what the first thing is.

2012 FLHXSE3

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 07:39:52 PM »

I don't think it was on here, so I'll have to try and see if I can find it again....I only saw one pic of the Blue with the chrome Agitators on it so I'll try to find it.  It's hell getting old...you know the second thing to go is the memory;  I can't remember what the first thing is.

Glad you reminded me--I forgot what I asked you for!

Thanks

volfan615

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2009, 11:12:43 PM »

I chose to go with the all chrome Agitator wheels, because the Black and Chrome did not do a lot for me. Now if the rain would only go away in Nashviile, TN. Also, i now need pipes , because the stock ones makes it sound like a Honda.

Any GOOD recommendations? Has Vance and Hines release their Full pipes yet or just slip ons? I AM SO EXCITED...

Congrats!  I see you are from Nashville also.

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2009, 08:20:06 PM »

Congrats!  I see you are from Nashville also.

Congratulations!
Love my SESG in Tequila Sunrise too!

Not in love with the contrast wheels, I will never buy Chrome wheels from Harley again. On my last scooter I bought Harley Roadwinders from an out of state dealer. After less than 60 days on my bike the rear wheel peeled. Harley left me high and dry on the warranty!

Their position was that they weren't installed at the selling dealer so they weren't covered.

I want to install Chrome wheels in 200mm rear and a 21" out front. Probably going with RC Components. They have a 7 year warranty on their chrome and if it fails they replace the wheels.

Love my bikes but the MOCO has a lot to learn about customer service!!!

RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »

Congratulations!
Love my SESG in Tequila Sunrise too!

Not in love with the contrast wheels, I will never buy Chrome wheels from Harley again. On my last scooter I bought Harley Roadwinders from an out of state dealer. After less than 60 days on my bike the rear wheel peeled. Harley left me high and dry on the warranty!

Their position was that they weren't installed at the selling dealer so they weren't covered.

I want to install Chrome wheels in 200mm rear and a 21" out front. Probably going with RC Components. They have a 7 year warranty on their chrome and if it fails they replace the wheels.

Love my bikes but the MOCO has a lot to learn about customer service!!!

What kit are you going to use to put a 200 on the rear?  FBI?

2012 FLHXSE3

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »

Hog pro told me that the 200mm should fit if I use a 17 x 6.25 rim rear.
See quote:

"On the '09-'010 Baggers we normally put a 200MM tire on a 17X6.25" wheel. We don't reccommend a 200 on the 18X5.5" wheel, it can get a little squirrely on you. As far as your stock H-D Agitator Wheel, I don't know what size it is. If its a 18X5 or 18X5.5 you should probable stick with a 180MM tire.
       As far as the front fender, if its actually lower then a stock Bagger front fender, I would say the 21" wheel and tire will not fit. On a normal Bagger fender it gets real close and we reccommend minor mods to the fender. We have not done an install on a 2010 SE Street/Glide to know what will fit and what won't.  Phil"

Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Wheelsnkeels

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »

I was in Indianapolis Harley a couple weeks ago and they had 2010 Street Glides with 21" wheels already installed. So I emailed them today to see what modifications would be necessary.

I read somewhere that the CVO fender was lower than stock but in comparison photos they appear identical in spacing.

I'll post a response whan I recieve it?
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2009, 11:59:51 AM »

FLHXSE Wheels: 7-spoke, contrast chrome Agitator wheels;
Front 18 in. x 3.5 in. (457.20 mm x 88.90 mm)
Rear 18 in. x 5.0 in. (457.20 mm x 127.0 mm)

180 is it then
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2009, 03:05:49 PM »

Comes with a 180 rear tire already.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.215 seconds with 21 queries.