Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: VANCE & HINES QUESTIONS  (Read 13628 times)

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
VANCE & HINES QUESTIONS
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »

I know that there have been many post regarding power duals, true duals and slip-ons all from V&H.  A number of individuals indicated they were doing installs over the holidays and would post updates.  I can't find any updates.  Here are my questions:  

Compared to the stock SESG system how do these combinations compare?
1. Power duals with hi-output slip-ons
2. Dresser duals with hi-output slip-ons
Will I really give up that much power with the dresser duals vs. the power duals?

The hi-outputs are 4.5" at the end so I'm thinking they will look great with the dropped bags.  I'm also not 100% sold on the heat shield "X" on the power duals.  Otherwise I would order a set tomorrow.  The new V&H dresser duals are routed under the frame, same as 09 & 10 systems and really look great in the V&H photos.  There are other slip-ons that look great but the 4.5" I think are one of the largest (except for the Boom Cans of course).  I'm more interested in low ~ mid end torque vs. top end and I'm looking for mid level sound.  Dealer is really high on the SE Super Tuner so I've agreed to have it installed upon arrival of my new ride in the next few weeks.  With the cold weather here in Upstate NY, my first ride will be in Daytona.  Dealer claims he can get the bike "properly" setup with V&H pipes and SEST before I go away.  I have very little (if any) engine tuning experience and I need to have confidence the bike will run well for the 10 days I'm in Fl.  

I'm interested in any and all comments from all you experts out there.  Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:54:23 PM by slamr »

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: VANCE & HINES QUESTIONS
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »

good post , i'm woundering  the same things, cause i  don't like  the look of the v/h  pwr dauls pipe

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 11:36:14 PM »

I agree, don't really like look of power dual pipe either (nor do I like the look of the stock pipe crossover).  Prefer the look of the 2 into 1 pipe but that saddlebag cutout on the sesg requires something to fill the space!

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:55:04 PM »

I'm really surprised I've gotten almost no feedback on this post.  Did I offend you all?  :huepfenjump3:  I really need help here. . . . .

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »

Have you guys considered the Fullsac X-Pipe with Fullsac cores installed in your stock mufflers? I know that this isn't a 2 into 1 solution, but you would be able to keep the stock look with a nice increase in horsepower.

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 10:07:13 PM »

Appreciate the response but:  First of all, non of these V&H are 2 into 1 options.  Secondly,  I still may consider the fulsac options but right now I'm really looking for input on the V&H systems. Fulsac seems to be a known here as they are so active in the forums and Steve is incredible helpful but I have an intersst in looking into the V&H's.

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 10:23:16 PM »

i'd like that info also.....guess no one knows....you've stumped the masses on this  ???? :'( :'(

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 11:34:58 PM »

Okay,
I'll try and help out here...I have Vance and Hines true duals on my 07 SEUC and the Power duals on my SESG.  IMO opinion, there is a noticeable difference in power based on my "seat-of-the-pants" dyno.  :)  Is it enough of a difference to not go with true duals?  Don't know, only you can answer that, because apparently the looks of the power duals bothers you.  The only two into one set up that I know of that would work on the SESG would be the D&D Fatcats and then add the ghost pipe on the left side.  Gives you the 2 into 1 performance but keeps the dual muffler look.  I don't know anything about the high output mufflers, nor have I heard anything about them, so sorry, can't help you there.  I have the Vance and Hines regular ovals on my SEUC and the 4" basic slippons on my SESG and like them both immensely.  Hope this helped.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 01:55:19 PM »

I'm very happy with my power duals and I like the look. Kind of surprised that you guys don't like the cross over look. Sound is not too abrasive also.
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »

Thanks for your response guys!  Appreciate your input. . . . .  :2vrolijk_21:  I think I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow and order the V&H Dresser Duals and the Hi-output Slip-ons.  I've spoken to a number of people and everyone has a different opinion on exhaust systems.  I figure if I have the new exhaust installed before I ride the bike stock, I'll never know what I may be giving up (or gaining) vs. the stock system.  However, my dealer has assured me that the true duals and hi-out puts will turn some impressive numbers once I get it dynoed after the break-in.  The Dresser Duals have the look I'm after and that's more important than a few extra HP from the Power Duals.  That crazy "X" in the heat shield of the Power Duals just bugs the hell out of me.  I need to get parts ordered now so if the bike comes in as planned, I'll have everything available for the mods before heading to Daytona.  The wait is driving me crazy so I need to spend some more money now to come back down to earth!  :huepfenjump3:             

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 09:21:47 PM »

does anyone know which of these two  is the loudest, the 2.5  fulsac baffles  or  the hi out put slipons by v/h.........thanks

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 03:12:23 AM »

I know you said you don't like the Power Dual look but here's a pic with them and the V&H 4" Basic Slip Ons

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 09:43:10 AM »

I've gotten a lot of positive comments on my power duals,have you seen other then a picture with them on?
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 10:10:17 AM »

I have only seen (many) pictures.  I have not seen them in person.  Have you seen the new Dresser Duals that run under the frame like the stock system?  IMHO, both pipes look very similar.  However, the heat shields are the determining factor for me at this point.  The X on the Power Duals seems to distract from the smooth flow of the shields.  The new Dresser Duals almost look stock.  The older V&H pipes had "power chambers" but I believe they were marketed as "hidden".  These old systems had heat shields more like the new Dresser Duals.  They did not emphasize the crossover in the shields.  I'll admit I'm being an ass about this but I need to be happy with the overall appearance as well as the performance.  I feel the Dresser Duals will get me both!  BTW, if I block out the X, the pictures of the Power Duals due look very good.  V&H make a great looking, beefy system.  Both the Dresser & Power Duals have the same diameter shields.             

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 11:08:42 AM »

If you had the stock header aside of the power dual header you would see the internal difference,the PDuals flow 55 right side/45 left side,much different then stock flow (80/20)and sound better too.I know you have to go with what looks better to you but I think the Pdual is kind of cool.
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 11:19:24 AM »

So does that mean the Dresser Duals flow at 50/50?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:58:21 AM by slamr »

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 11:59:22 AM »

yes
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 06:10:02 PM by bob2002 »
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

Mikey

• 2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Get the gold, make the rules!

• CVO1: FLHRSEi2 2003
    • CVO2: FLTRUSE 2015
    • Classic Muscle Bikes
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 01:04:31 PM »

Slamr,
Go with the look you like best. You will never "feel" the difference in any free flowing system.
GET THE GOLD, MAKE THE RULES!
2003 Harley Davidson FLHRSE12 Screamin' Eagle Road King
Limited Edition 100th Anniversary
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/gallery/452_21_04_11_11_12_33.jpg

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 03:24:20 PM »

i'm with slamr, i going with v/h  Dresser duals, with v/h hi-output slip-ons , that looks the best to me, now will just  a "hd flash" work,  or will i have to puschase a program like the tt or a pc ,

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 07:52:27 PM »

Okay, an update to what I did today. . . . .  I didn't buy a new head pipe!  :-\   Point one:  I'm 99% sure I don't want the Power Duals due to the heat shield design.  Point two:  I'm 99.9% sure I want more of the stock look or the look of the V&H Dresser Duals.  Point three:  I'm not sure if I want the V&H Dresser Duals, modified stock head pipe (i.e. cat removed) or the new Fullsac pipe.  As Mikey noted: "Go with the look you like best. You will never "feel" the difference in any free flowing system" and I totally agree.  I was rushing into a decision to get the head pipe done before I go to Daytona in March.  At this point I don't even know if the bike will arrive on time.  What I did decide on today was to order the V&H Hi-out put slip-ons and a few other goodies to hold me over until after Daytona.  I'll get 1000 miles on the bike and then settle on the head pipe and get it dynoed.  I'll just need to survive the first 1000 miles with the cat still installed.  Appreciate all the feedback and I look forward to more comments.  :huepfenjump3:       

redrodo

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Limited
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 09:50:30 AM »

Okay, an update to what I did today. . . . .  I didn't buy a new head pipe!  :-\   Point one:  I'm 99% sure I don't want the Power Duals due to the heat shield design.  Point two:  I'm 99.9% sure I want more of the stock look or the look of the V&H Dresser Duals.  Point three:  I'm not sure if I want the V&H Dresser Duals, modified stock head pipe (i.e. cat removed) or the new Fullsac pipe.  As Mikey noted: "Go with the look you like best. You will never "feel" the difference in any free flowing system" and I totally agree.  I was rushing into a decision to get the head pipe done before I go to Daytona in March.  At this point I don't even know if the bike will arrive on time.  What I did decide on today was to order the V&H Hi-out put slip-ons and a few other goodies to hold me over until after Daytona.  I'll get 1000 miles on the bike and then settle on the head pipe and get it dynoed.  I'll just need to survive the first 1000 miles with the cat still installed.  Appreciate all the feedback and I look forward to more comments.  :huepfenjump3:       
You are thinking entirely to reasonable. Our economy needs in pulse decisions so we can change our minds and buy something different later.

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2010, 11:49:35 AM »

I'm not sure what possessed me to hold off for now. . . . .  What's a few hundred bucks between friends?  :huepfenjump3:

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2010, 03:00:45 PM »

If you like the sound that a true dual exhaust system produces, than go with the VH dressure Duals......there is nothing sweeter than listening to the loping pulse of the your V-Twin while idling......in my option, this far outweights the slight loss in preformace.

I have the VH power duals with the monster ovals and it sounds great....but, I love the sound of true duals and will be changing to the VH Dresser Duals.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:15:20 PM by n2358 »

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 04:40:08 PM »

I've been monitoring this thread for a quite a while and thanks to all of you for your input.  I won't be riding until Spring, so I've got time to look for the best option.  At this point it feels like I should just go with the High Output Slip On's and a tune, then go from there.  I'm looking for more of the V&H Sound than huge performance increases.

With that said, I do like the idea of a more balanced flow coming out of the V&H headers than the stocks.  I've discolored a few right side pipes in the past with both V&H slip ons and Rush slip ons riding hard from Sturgis to WI in a day.  so the balance might help that problem out :)

Is the sound that different with a different head pipe?
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

maac16324

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 08 Dyna
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 05:35:38 PM »

I am spending the winter in New Zealand and picked up a 2010 UC Limited for touring (they don't sell CVO's in Australia and NZ). After 7000 kms the dealer in Auckland coilllected all of the parts I wanted to get the bike running right. I went with the V&H Dresser Duals and absolutely love the look and sound. I also went with SE Pipes (probably made by V&H), PCV custom mapped to a 13:1 AFM, SE High FLow air cleaner, Andrews 54H cams. Bike dynoed at 88 hp and 101 ft lbs trq. It now runs like it should and oil temperature dropped from 270 F to 220 F. Worth every penny. The bike throttles great, isn't too noisy and has good power while being easy to get along with.

easyrider9809

• Ridin Orange
  • Full CVO Member
  • 09 CVO
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 02:44:47 PM »

slamr...........tell us what you think when you get the V&H Hi-Output slip-ons installed.  I'm really curoius about what you think about them. I'm looking to ugrade to a non cat head pipe and different slip ons. Right now I'm running with the stock cat head pipe with screaming eagle 4" slip ons.  I'd like to slip-ons with a little more of a agressive sound without totally compromising performance.  Also how far do your V&H slip-ons extend beyond the back of your bags ?..thanks Jeff
09 Road Glide CVO
98 Heritage

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 09:28:38 PM »

Jeff, I'll let you know but my pipes are on BO for another two weeks. There are others on the site that have already installed them and posted photos. They look to extend the same as stock. The first time I get to ride the bike will be in Daytona March 1.  After Daytona I'll decide on a non cat head pipe. Thinking Fullsac x pipe or V&H dresser duals. I'll post info as it becomes available. 

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 02:49:57 PM »

how about the Fullsac X pipe header vs the V&H power duals?

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »

I'm personally not real keen about the appearance of the heat shields of the Power Duals.  (See my previous comments in this thread.)  I understand they are an excellent option for the CVO's but the big "X" distracts from the otherwise beefy appearance, IMHO.  Since all my opinions are based on photos, I will take a look at them when I'm in Daytona.  Maybe seeing them first hand will change my attitude.  I will admit, some of the photos of the Power Duals posted in these forums look great once I get buy the X.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 09:38:50 PM »

I'm personally not real keen about the appearance of the heat shields of the Power Duals.  (See my previous comments in this thread.)  I understand they are an excellent option for the CVO's but the big "X" distracts from the otherwise beefy appearance, IMHO.  Since all my opinions are based on photos, I will take a look at them when I'm in Daytona.  Maybe seeing them first hand will change my attitude.  I will admit, some of the photos of the Power Duals posted in these forums look great once I get buy the X.

It's all a matter of personal taste.  I was a little leary of them when I saw them in pictures too, but I took the plunge anyway and bought them.  Glad I did, they look great on my Cap'n Morgan. I'm glad I got them because the "seat of the pants" dyno says that they significantly added to the "fun quotient". 

2012 FLHXSE3

jacksglide

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 12:02:53 PM »

Hey slamer,  you get you V&H slip ons yet??? I ordered the same set up in Nov. 2009  Still waiting. Every time Custom Chrme gives my dealer a delivery date, extension....extension...extension! Called yesterday, told the 12th of Feb. This will be the 4th new delivery date. I sure hope these things are worth the wait!!! I never had this issue with any other V&H product I have ever ordered. When these do show up, it will make the 5th set ov V&H products I have purchased over the years.

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 05:14:04 PM »

I'm getting the same from my dealer.  New ship date is now 2/15 week.  I know the HO slip-on are shipping because a few others on the forum noted installation.  My dealer called V&H Monday to see if they could get mine direct.  V&H indicated that they were shipping a large quantity to Drag Specialty this week so to leave my current order in place.  A new order thru V&H would move to the end of their order list.  They would not give the special order any priority.  Besides, my dealer will give me a 15% discount if purchased from Drag.  O% if direct from V&H. . . . .   Just hoping I can get them before Daytona!

citruscvoguy

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Citrus
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 11:53:18 PM »

I know you said you don't like the Power Dual look but here's a pic with them and the V&H 4" Basic Slip Ons
How do you like that setup for sound and performance.. bike looks great

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 06:07:47 PM »

Anyone receive their HO Slip-Ons yet?  Standard production units were to ship this week.  I'm still waiting on mine!  :( 

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 07:25:50 PM »

I have only seen (many) pictures.  I have not seen them in person.  Have you seen the new Dresser Duals that run under the frame like the stock system?  IMHO, both pipes look very similar.  However, the heat shields are the determining factor for me at this point.  The X on the Power Duals seems to distract from the smooth flow of the shields.  The new Dresser Duals almost look stock.  The older V&H pipes had "power chambers" but I believe they were marketed as "hidden".  These old systems had heat shields more like the new Dresser Duals.  They did not emphasize the crossover in the shields.  I'll admit I'm being an ass about this but I need to be happy with the overall appearance as well as the performance.  I feel the Dresser Duals will get me both!  BTW, if I block out the X, the pictures of the Power Duals due look very good.  V&H make a great looking, beefy system.  Both the Dresser & Power Duals have the same diameter shields.             

I never liked the looks from the pictures until I saw them in person  :2vrolijk_21:
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE in Candy Concord
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 02:14:04 PM »

I would go with Vance and Hines true duals in a heartbeat if they would provide both sizes of O2 bungs.  I don't know if I will use wide band or stock narrow band in the long run.  I like the Fuel Moto 2:1:2 headpipe for that reason.  Are there any true dual options out there with 12mm AND 18mm O2 bungs?

Edit: Rush has true duals that have both sizes of O2 bungs to fit the 2009 and 2010 bikes and the pipes are ceramic coated inside and out and come in with black or chrome head shields.  I ordered a set along with V&H Monster Rounds.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 04:33:38 PM by ScreaminStreetGlide »
"Don't blame me....I didn't vote for him!"

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 01:54:23 PM »

I ended up going with the VH Hi Outputs, Dresser Duals and a PC V w/ auto tuner.  Seems to be the best set up that I have seen for allowing the bike to run as it should.  It was interesting that my dealer fought putting that set up in, they really pushed the SE Super Tuner and a bunch of time on the dyno.  I ended up going to Pokerville Ironworks and got what I wanted v. what the dealer wanted to do.
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 05:47:30 PM »

I just learned my Hi out-put slip-ons are now on b/o till 03/01/10 week.  No slip-ons for Daytona!  :'(  Any suggestions for a short term fix while I'm in Fl. for 2 weeks?  I was really hoping to at least get the AFR adjusted.

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE in Candy Concord
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 01:47:44 AM »

I like the look of the V&H Monster Round slip ons even better than the Hi Output slip ons.  I am not crazy about the way the Hi Outputs start at one diameter and get bigger. Check these out
http://www.vanceandhines.com/products/touring-2010-monsterrounds/monster-rounds.html
"Don't blame me....I didn't vote for him!"

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2010, 03:01:27 AM »

Vance and Hines usually has a nice dispay are at Destination Daytona,  They might be selling and installing them right there. Then there is J&P Cycle there also.  Those guys are eager to sell,  should talk to them while you are looking around. I tried a set of Bub 7 and I got them in a week right from them directly and I love them. They can ship fast and their stuff seems really good.  I dealt with Jenifer. She is very good.   I have a set of V/H on my other bike and I don't their stuff is so spectacular at all.   I like Bub!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:44:05 PM by cvostu »

worshipduder

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 01:14:14 AM »

Okay,
I'll try and help out here...I have Vance and Hines true duals on my 07 SEUC and the Power duals on my SESG.  IMO opinion, there is a noticeable difference in power based on my "seat-of-the-pants" dyno.  :)  Is it enough of a difference to not go with true duals?  Don't know, only you can answer that, because apparently the looks of the power duals bothers you.  The only two into one set up that I know of that would work on the SESG would be the D&D Fatcats and then add the ghost pipe on the left side.  Gives you the 2 into 1 performance but keeps the dual muffler look.  I don't know anything about the high output mufflers, nor have I heard anything about them, so sorry, can't help you there.  I have the Vance and Hines regular ovals on my SEUC and the 4" basic slippons on my SESG and like them both immensely.  Hope this helped.

someone who has both systems, thank you Lord. So, i have heard the true duals are much louder than the power duals. your thoughts? which do you like the sound of better? can you tell sound is really important to me? :)

mj
2010 FLXHSE Candy Concord
V&H Power Duals
V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons
TTS Mastertune
Feuling Reaper 574 Camchest Kit
Feuling Oil Pump
Dyno'd at 116 HP & 118 TQ
C&C Flame Stitched Seat
Wild 1 Chubby 575s
PM Contour Touring Mirrors
J&M 7.25 Speakers & 250 Watt Amp
Hogtunes Hogpod
Riders Claw
HD Contoured Heated Hand Grips
Wicked Image Flame Shift Linkage
Klock Werks Flare 8.5
HD Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit
Kury License Plate

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 09:45:53 PM »

someone who has both systems, thank you Lord. So, i have heard the true duals are much louder than the power duals. your thoughts? which do you like the sound of better? can you tell sound is really important to me? :)

mj

That's a tough question.  Because I have two different mufflers, it's subjective, but I'd say the power duals with the 4" basics is louder than the true duals with the ovals.  I like the rumble/sound of both mufflers.  But the power duals with the basics have a nice rumble at highway speed and allow listening of the radio, but will definitely "bark" louder than the true duals when getting on them.

2012 FLHXSE3

worshipduder

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2010, 12:44:16 AM »

That's a tough question.  Because I have two different mufflers, it's subjective, but I'd say the power duals with the 4" basics is louder than the true duals with the ovals.  I like the rumble/sound of both mufflers.  But the power duals with the basics have a nice rumble at highway speed and allow listening of the radio, but will definitely "bark" louder than the true duals when getting on them.

wow, thats an interesting answer. I really appreciate your thoughts. mellower at fwy speeds but louder when jumping on it. thats a combo i could live with. food for thought. thanx for your reply

mj
2010 FLXHSE Candy Concord
V&H Power Duals
V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons
TTS Mastertune
Feuling Reaper 574 Camchest Kit
Feuling Oil Pump
Dyno'd at 116 HP & 118 TQ
C&C Flame Stitched Seat
Wild 1 Chubby 575s
PM Contour Touring Mirrors
J&M 7.25 Speakers & 250 Watt Amp
Hogtunes Hogpod
Riders Claw
HD Contoured Heated Hand Grips
Wicked Image Flame Shift Linkage
Klock Werks Flare 8.5
HD Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit
Kury License Plate
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 22 queries.