Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Does this sound familiar?!!  (Read 2098 times)

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
Does this sound familiar?!!
« on: January 15, 2006, 09:02:16 PM »

I came across this article today and thought that some of you would be interested in reading it. Hopefully there will soon be a turn around by the MoCo. What ever happened to standing behind your product and taking some PRIDE!! >:(

Can't help but feel sorry for this guy that lived & breathed H.D.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 09:03:41 PM by GROVER »

SPIDERMAN

Re: Does this sound familiar?!!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 03:25:43 PM »

I hate to say this because a lot of good and intelligent people are in the same boat, but from reading what the guy wrote, I would say that a portion of his problem appears to stem from a lack of good communication skills. I think the majority of the folks on this site will understand what the guy is talking about with his issues, but to many what he is writing about would be confusing. I know this post is going to cause some to post back at me about everyone not being a writer, but I have a point and it is this. Whenever you're dealing with an issue(s) such as the writer details, it is important to make your correspondence as clear and informationally correct as possible. If you are going to quote a factory recall or service bulletin make damn sure there was one and you quote the number. Name names and if possible phone numbers and dates of contact as well as any service invoices, etc Documentation is extremely important because it establishes a timeline. If you have trouble writing, ask a friend who has good communication skills to help you out. Sad as it sounds, if you come off as a CEO of some company, you are more likely to get results. If you recieve defective parts, do not accept them. Show the problem to the dealer on the spot. Never ever take anything away from the dealer unopened and uninspected. And finally, like the frog in the stork's beak with his "hands" clentched around the stork's throat; never give up - - never.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 05:46:54 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Grover,
  That's sad.  I must be a lucky man!  The only Harley I've owned I considered to be inferior, was that '76 Super Glide.  I mean, there was stuff flyin' off that piece of chit, on the way home from the Dealership!  I definitely had to have someone drive my P/U, and follow me when we took a trip.  It was gonna' break down!  I may take a little more responsibility of ownership than some, but I just haven't had any issues with my other Harleys, that were not taken care of in a professional and courteous manner.  Quite frankly, I can't remember any warrantable repairs on Ol' Maudie, other than an electrical item, which the Dealer called me about, and repaired.  Like I said, just lucky, Man!  Later--HUBBARD      
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 05:51:12 PM »

They say the Attorney who defends himself is a fool. The Doctor who treats himself is an idiot. If this guy had taken his H-D back to the dealer instead of trying to do all of his "Owen" work, it might have taken care of his complaints early on. Reporting that tech's at three dealerships told him there was a PIP or recall on his problem - so why didn
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 10:04:50 PM »

[[highlight]highlight]I hate to pass judgment but this sounds like a shallow gene pool.  [/highlight]

AND PEOPLE SAY THE SPIDERMAN IS RUDE AND CRUDE    LOL Baby LOL

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 11:10:56 PM »

They say the Attorney who defends himself is a fool. The Doctor who treats himself is an idiot. If this guy had taken his H-D back to the dealer instead of [highlight]trying to do all of his "Owen" work,[/highlight] it might have taken care of his complaints early on. Reporting that tech's at three dealerships told him there was a PIP or recall on his problem - so why didn

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 12:27:53 AM »

Spiderman that was a very good post, Ez rider4 the man must have something going on owned Harleys and worked on them for 33 years, If you think you are a sperm expert you should not hate passing judgement on some one that dont' even know your' talking about them, you should feel sorry for the man.

OTIS
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 09:31:23 AM »

Hey I didn't mean to rock anybody's family tree but I believe in making things happen - not sitting back waiting for them to happen. You have to be willing to take advantage of the systems in place if you want the maximum satisfaction from your H-D purchase. A 33 year customer should know that better than anyone. He can sit at home, wrenching and worrying or he can get out, build a relationship with his servicing dealer and the benefits that go with it.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 10:27:01 AM »

[highlight]Hey I didn't mean to rock anybody's family tree [/highlight]

Hey dude, if anyone understands the idea of good natured ribbing, I do, but in all fairness, you went beyond that with the gene pool comments  As recently as the 16th of this month, I made what I thought was an innocuous little joke and got a PM from the guy it was aimed at that he didn't appreciate my humor. End result - - - until I've met the folks on this site face to face, I'm keepin it positive, upbeat and about the motorcycles. You never know when someone is gonna take something the wrong way.What I gain from this site is too valuable to lose out on it because my sense of humor is not what someone else's is.  

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 10:38:51 AM »

[highlight]Hey I didn't mean to rock anybody's family tree [/highlight]

Hey dude, if anyone understands the idea of good natured ribbing, I do, but in all fairness, you went beyond that with the gene pool comments
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 03:25:02 PM »

Ok, this has gone way beyond anything I ever intended. In my geographic and social circles, comments about a shallow gene pool are not insulting but rather merely a descriptive phrase for "lacking effort". I respect your interpretation however. In the interest of not becoming a distraction from the intended purpose of this site, I will withhold any further discussion and go back to "lurking". Sorry and ride safe Spiderman. >:(
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 09:22:48 AM by ezrider4 »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 03:30:16 PM »

exrider-4   I'm sure some of the folks on this site are havin a chuckle about me gettin on you since when I started on this site, I was Public Enemy #1 for some of my wisecracks. Ain't judgin you in the slightest dude, just tryin to keep you from goin through what I did  I love this site now and am getting protective of it, but god knows I pissed a bunch of people off along the way OK ride safe dude and keep on postin

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 04:46:18 PM »

In the interest of not becoming a distraction from the intended purpose of this site, I will withhold any further discussion and go back to "lurking". Sorry and ride safe Spiderman.

Rider, feel free to post and enjoy the site.  No need to lurk when you might feel like participating more.  I think Spider stumbled on to a real good rule of thumb though. Since it can be really easy to misinterpret someone's text (compared to when you're actually grinning as you look them in the eye) a good rule for any of us might be to not call someone an asshole in a post that we haven't first been able to call an asshole while sharing a beverage with.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 06:48:24 PM »

OK guys, I know I'm not a Moderator, but, you're [highlight]OFF TOPIC![/highlight]

Back to the original post.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 09:15:36 PM »

OK guys, I know I'm not a Moderator, but, you're [highlight]OFF TOPIC![/highlight]

Back to the original post.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.