Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do the stock '09~ CVO mufflers get louder with age?  (Read 1370 times)

twinrider

Do the stock '09~ CVO mufflers get louder with age?
« on: April 02, 2010, 08:03:27 AM »

A quick question for anyone still running the stock CVO mufflers, '09 on.

I just installed a set of '09 CVO mufflers on my Road King. The sound level is about perfect in my fullface helmet when I'm on the gas hard but they're too quiet at idle. Before I consider anything like a recore I'm wondering if these mufflers will get a bit louder as I rack up the miles, which was the case with my stock mufflers. Now they only have about 1100 miles on them.

Thanks for any info.
'09 FLHR: SE 103 kit, TTS tune, '09 CVO mufflers and a bunch of other stuff ;-)

ironhorse432

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Do the stock '09~ CVO mufflers get louder with age?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 08:25:03 AM »

11,000 mi.still quiet

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
Re: Do the stock '09~ CVO mufflers get louder with age?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:42:04 AM »

Twinrider, Regarding your question. I recored mine with Fulsac 1.75 and I think the sound for a touring bike is just about perfect. They are a little louder at idle and acceleration, but when you are cruising you can hardly tell the difference. ( I also did the stage one map and removed the cat ). The only way the stock pipes could get louder is if the fiberglass packing that surounds the baffle would deteriorate. If you recore I would suggest leaving it in as some of the other guys have stated  before or you might get less of a mellow sound. If you take yours apart you will see why they are so quiet. I imagine you could grind out the welds and drill a bunch of 1/4 holes in them to make the engine breath better, but it is much easier recore with Fulsac baffles. Good Luck CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.