Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Technical info for speedo between 07 & 08 CVO  (Read 612 times)

Jon

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE, BLUE
Technical info for speedo between 07 & 08 CVO
« on: July 08, 2010, 02:39:09 PM »

Hi Guys
I am hoping one of you technical bods out there can help. I fancy fitting the digital speedo now available from HD to my 07 FXSTSSE. The book says it only fits 08 upward. Having checked the wiring diagrams etc and actually trying the unit on my bike at my local dealer(they were very helpful and also keen to find out why it would not work). It appears the only difference preventing it working is the fuel gauge/low fuel warning light. The fuel gauge and sender unit was changed on 08 models. My question is does anyone know what is different betwen the sender unit and fuel gauge on the 07 and 08 models.
For information when the digi speedo was fitted to my bike it showed low on fuel although the tank was full. If anyone is aware of any other differences I have missed I would appreciate the info..
Thanks
Jon

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Technical info for speedo between 07 & 08 CVO
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 07:08:52 AM »

Can't help with the sending unit, but as an aside - my days of buying the first year of anything the MoCo comes out with are over.  Too many, "some of the earlier ones had problems" and they quietly introduce part XX-a.  Just sayin'.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.