Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance and Hines, Twin Slash Ovals  (Read 5606 times)

Ultra2010

Vance and Hines, Twin Slash Ovals
« on: July 14, 2010, 12:09:51 AM »

Gonna eat some crow here, but what the heck, it's kinda good.  Anyone have the Vance and Hines, Twin Slash Ovals on their SE.  I have an 2010 SE Ultra and an considering them.  I do not like LOUD pipes, just a rumble.......   input appreciated.  Yep, I know, I said before that I would not change my pipes, but... well.... if you guys don't understand, then no one ever will.....  

mrdinny

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2010FLHXSE
Re: Vance and Hines, Twin Slash Ovals
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 08:41:57 AM »

Gonna eat some crow here, but what the heck, it's kinda good.  Anyone have the Vance and Hines, Twin Slash Ovals on their SE.  I have an 2010 SE Ultra and an considering them.  I do not like LOUD pipes, just a rumble.......   input appreciated.  Yep, I know, I said before that I would not change my pipes, but... well.... if you guys don't understand, then no one ever will.....  
never heard the ovals but i run the twin slash rounds and like the looks and sound. changed out to the power duel head pipe to get more sound.these pipes on factory headers might be what you want.

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:02:28 PM »

I have the EPA twin slash ovals and if they were any louder I be taking them off so they might be what you want. I don't like loud either.
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

Ultra2010

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 10:01:50 PM »

I have the EPA twin slash ovals and if they were any louder I be taking them off so they might be what you want. I don't like loud either.

Thanks, I appreciate your honest opinion.....  I do like a rumble, but not rude/loud.... I know there is a happy medium  out there somewhere.   

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 10:11:09 PM »

I suspect anything but true duals be a little quieter,I've tried too many combinations I'm tired of this..........LOL
I asked the tech guy at V&H why they didn't test this muffler on a 103 & 110 didn't they think someone besides a 96 rider might want a quiet muffler, dead silence,makes you wonder.
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 10:18:22 PM »

Fullsac 1.75's worked perfect for me.  I did not want loud but I did want a performance sound.  The Fullsacs are perfect. 

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 10:37:38 PM »

I suspect anything but true duals be a little quieter,I've tried too many combinations I'm tired of this..........LOL
I asked the tech guy at V&H why they didn't test this muffler on a 103 & 110 didn't they think someone besides a 96 rider might want a quiet muffler, dead silence,makes you wonder.

When I first came over to the HD boards, I was surprised how many complained of after market exhausts being loud, when to me, a lot of these exhausts are quite mellow. It's hard to believe anyone would consider my combo (fullsac 2.25" and x pipe) loud, especially compared with a lot of bikes running around there, but I hear of some saying they think even the 1.75 fullsacs are too loud  :surprised:
Of course Vance and Hines are going to make pipes louder than stock- that's the primary reason people want to buy them.... and their Touring mufflers are not nearly as loud as the Big radius, long shots, and others.
I guess noise is in the ear of the beholder, lol, or maybe because I compare everything with my Bub Jug Hugger shorties on my last bike.
Still, when even the mellowest of after market pips are too loud for some, I can't help but to think they might have been better off sticking with their stock exhaust pipes.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 01:32:12 PM »

When I first came over to the HD boards, I was surprised how many complained of after market exhausts being loud, when to me, a lot of these exhausts are quite mellow. It's hard to believe anyone would consider my combo (fullsac 2.25" and x pipe) loud, especially compared with a lot of bikes running around there, but I hear of some saying they think even the 1.75 fullsacs are too loud  :surprised:
Of course Vance and Hines are going to make pipes louder than stock- that's the primary reason people want to buy them.... and their Touring mufflers are not nearly as loud as the Big radius, long shots, and others.
I guess noise is in the ear of the beholder, lol, or maybe because I compare everything with my Bub Jug Hugger shorties on my last bike.
Still, when even the mellowest of after market pips are too loud for some, I can't help but to think they might have been better off sticking with their stock exhaust pipes.

Hows your hearing?...............LOL ;D
As we all know the stock exhaust system leaves a lot to be desired,and I don't want to be one of those guys that rides around with ear plugs in to protect my hearing while I annoy everyone else and ruin it for all bikers.
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.