Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Vibration  (Read 2442 times)

sol y sombra

• Sol y sombra como la vida
  • Junior CVO Member
Vibration
« on: July 15, 2010, 03:54:07 AM »

:oops: I have a 2003 screaming eagle with only 12.000 miles but she has a lot of vibration on idle run, went to my HD dealer and they changed the front rubber mount and checked out the alignment but it still vibrates a lot. The changed also the mapping  of my engine to the latest one but it didn't change still vibrating? Does anyone know what else it could be Thanks guy's

Dogbone44mag

Re: Vibration
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 12:11:36 PM »

Bump

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 12:41:16 PM »

:oops: I have a 2003 screaming eagle with only 12.000 miles but she has a lot of vibration on idle run, went to my HD dealer and they changed the front rubber mount and checked out the alignment but it still vibrates a lot. The changed also the mapping  of my engine to the latest one but it didn't change still vibrating? Does anyone know what else it could be Thanks guy's

Yeah, 'er 'uh, Sombra,

I have some concern about changing motor mount with only 12,000 miles.  What RPM at idle?  Have you inspected spark plugs lately?  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 12:49:55 AM »

google "crank run out" on harley davidson

sol y sombra

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 05:21:45 AM »

Just went to the dealer and they installed a supertuner on her but still vibrations on idle 950/1000rpm??? What can it be ?????

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 06:41:05 AM »

Are all the engine mounts tight??
Scott

sol y sombra

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 12:46:43 PM »

yes they are all tight i just checked them

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 01:35:13 PM »

yes they are all tight i just checked them

Is this a bike that you've had for some time and put those miles on yourself?

Or it this a new "to you" bike and you think it vibrates too much at idle?
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 02:22:11 PM »

Is this a bike that you've had for some time and put those miles on yourself?

Or it this a new "to you" bike and you think it vibrates too much at idle?
Exactly.  Harleys vibrate at idle.  Just the nature of the beast.  At least you can tell if the motor is running.  I mean with Hondas or Beemers the engine could quit and you'd not know it until you tried to start out, lol.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

sol y sombra

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 11:00:03 AM »

I buyd this bike with 11.000miles, i have driven several hd but they where smoother without so much vibrations, is it because its a screaming eagle???  I also just checked the compression and they are on both cyl the same. She has 6R12 spark plugs on her they look good. Shoud i try the spark plugs from screaming eagle ore not. Wich are the best??
Thanks in advance for all your help with this

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »

My 08 SERK vibrated like you put quarters in it at idle. Once above about 12-1300 rpm smoothed out. Seemed normal to me from past bikes. Although alittle more shake than non-CVO bikes I expeted it as it's a stroked motor.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »

I understand this forum stops at 110" Motors, but my 120" just don't vibrate.  It didn't vibrate with the 260 Chain Drive Cams, which were junk IMO, (dam near cost me a Motor!), and it don't vibrate now, with the Gear Driven, Red-Shift 647's.  Smooth as silk.  Now, the 2 Shovelheads I owned, them babies would vibrate your teeth, at any RPM.  Damn, they sounded good, though, with 2" Drag Pipes!  ;) Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »

I buyd this bike with 11.000miles, i have driven several hd but they where smoother without so much vibrations, is it because its a screaming eagle???  I also just checked the compression and they are on both cyl the same. She has 6R12 spark plugs on her they look good. Shoud i try the spark plugs from screaming eagle ore not. Wich are the best??
Thanks in advance for all your help with this

What other Harley models did you ride?

Any of the Softail bikes will be smoother at idle with their counterbalance shafts and rigid frame mounted motor.  All other Harley late models with swingarm rear mounted shocks have rubber mounted motor/trans combos.  '09 and newer touring models have a new 4-point mounting system and I believe that my '09 SERG is slightly smoother at idle than my '08 SERK, both being 110" motor and rubber mounted.  The '08 only had a single front lower mount rather than the new '09 cross shaft and two side mounts up front.

I rode my friend's '03 95" CVO Deuce and it was so smooth at idle the only way I knew it was running was the sound.  And with unbaffled streetsweepers you knew it was running from a mile away.

I would not be so anxious to tear into the bike without a second opinion on the true amount of the vibration.

If I'm going down the road with my '09 SERG and pull in on the clutch at 30 mph the motor will idle and start bouncing around.  Let the clutch back out and the bike is as smooth as glass.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

sol y sombra

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »

i drove fatboy from a friend also i drove 2 road kings also from friends and they where much smoother than mine????

sol y sombra

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »

What also i wanted to ask is you guys know they installed a supertuner on her. ok but i didn't receive any cd or anything else, so i ordered the cd and the cables for this supertuner from screaming eagle. My question what shall i can do with this, i don't know but i suppose i will be able to read what is on the bike as map. I asked on this forum for maps for my bike but i dont know how it works, will i receive them by mail or do i have to buy them here??? ps i also ordered the learning cd for the supertuner.
Thanks guy's
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.