Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Expensive back fire  (Read 1535 times)

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Expensive back fire
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:12:16 PM »

On my 00 Deuce with 11:5 to 1 cr and 225 lbs of static psi it took a Tech cycle starter, 1 1/2 hp 1.4kw high torque to crank it over even with compression valves...and lasted 3 years but thursday I went to start it while the motor was still warm and BAM!! back fire, even though it has done it before the starter clutch gear always took it but not this time,had 3 guys push start me, so got home and pulled the starter and sure as chit both gears were broken got another one here next day air by 9:30 and had it running in 5 hours and $495 later :'( HD wanted $100.00 an hour plues parts ;D so at least I saved some money and ordered the two gears to replace the bad ones and have a back up starter

I have a programed HQ ING, which might be getting old, or not programed right, what are some of the new ING out there that better then the HQ ones? thanks

Lair.

syclone

• Full CVO Member
  • IF YA CANT AFFORD TO BREAK IT-- DONT RIDE IT
Re: Expensive back fire
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 03:14:57 PM »

With the current Daytona Twin-Tech and the programming cable...you can set the ignition delay for one or two revolutions....although with functioning comp.releases I cant see how it could kick back.  Seen higher CCP motors with comp. releases and stock starters.....fully charged battery and fully functioning  charging system is a must have.
Just my opinon......I could be wrong

'05 SEEG  114"  all bore motor

04 night train 95" 10.5:1 KBs,ported and decked heads, tw55g cams,rollers,3.37,44cv
01 Dyna,95" ported SE heads,wood t

lair116

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Expensive back fire
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 01:51:14 PM »

It kicked back because after one compression stoke the valves close, so sometimes I have to keep my finger on one of the valves to fire up, plus I put in a newbattery which helped alot fores right up after 2 or 3 revs and its still inthe 50's here which doed not help

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.