Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: K & N Air Filter?  (Read 9357 times)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: K & N Air Filter?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 06:08:29 PM »

Seems like any auto parts store that sells K&N should be able to order you one. I'd check before I'd wait. I had to order one for my Mitsu rocket sled from O'Reilly Autoparts and it was in the next day. I may be wrong but if K&N makes it why would it have to come from a motorcycle shop ?

B B

I ordered mine from Jenni at Tri County HD and it works real good!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »

Last summer in Maine, I tried to source a K&N filter for my 89 Dodge PowerRam 100. It's a small block V8 with a carb style TB. The local Advance Autoparts guys could not figure out which filter it required. None of the ones they had in stock was right Soooooooooo, they picked up the phone and call a K&N hotline for dealers. The guys at K&N typed in my VIN to be absolutely sure they had no filter that would fit it before telling Advance Auto the bad news. I would think that if you go to your local autoparts store as I suggested and can get them to call K&N you can get the correct filter for whatever your need is so long as they actually make it

B B

Brian, I believe that the situation for the Ventilator replacement is just a little different.  It looks like K&N may have entered into some sort of exclusive agreement with H-D, and at least for now they don't sell the filter to anyone but H-D.

Anywho, after searching all the places I could think of, it appears that the folks who want a genuine K&N replacement for their Ventilator filter will have to buy it from a Harley dealer.  Since it wouldn't be a "need it right this second" type of purchase, I'd order one from Jenny or one of the other discount dealers, unless the local dealer is willing to meet the price.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 08:11:22 PM »

Brian, I believe that the situation for the Ventilator replacement is just a little different.  It looks like K&N may have entered into some sort of exclusive agreement with H-D, and at least for now they don't sell the filter to anyone but H-D.

Anywho, after searching all the places I could think of, it appears that the folks who want a genuine K&N replacement for their Ventilator filter will have to buy it from a Harley dealer.  Since it wouldn't be a "need it right this second" type of purchase, I'd order one from Jenny or one of the other discount dealers, unless the local dealer is willing to meet the price.

Jerry

Good recommendation!

I like Jenni and do business with her every chance I get.

But for others it is important to remember that after you add shipping costs to the nice product discount price you are at breakeven.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 11:25:12 AM »

Jerry

And no doubt H-D charges more than one would pay if the filter were available at PEP Boys etc.

B B

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2011, 08:10:28 PM »

I've heard conflicting things about the filter. Have any of you gotten the filter on your bike yet? Did it fit?
RETIRED! :fireman:

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »

:nervous:
I've heard conflicting things about the filter. Have any of you gotten the filter on your bike yet? Did it fit?

I've had it on my CVO Street Glide for about 3-4 weeks now and can report that it works very well at a variety of speeds. I think it adds a little more power at roll on too.

FWIW: Again, I have the stock ECM and factory fuel map with 4" Reinharts on stock header pipes and the K&N air cleaner and the bike does not need and tuner or fuel changes. The burn is right on with no accel or decel popping or backfiring.

Regards

Jerry

bjizel

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 04:07:58 AM »

Cool, but what about the fit ? I also remember reading about someone saying they had to slightly modify it so that the cover would fit on it. (Wasn't a perfect fit out of the box)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:40:18 AM by bjizel »

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »

:nervous:
Cool, but what about the fit ? I also remember reading about someone saying they had to slightly modify it so that the cover would fit on it. (Wasn't a perfect fit out of the box)

I read about that too. What I did prior to installation was to test fit the filter on the throttlebody backing plate first to see if any trimming was required. I put a little WD-40 around the edge of the rubber and then tightened down the filter screws. I also bench tested the chrome outside cover on the filter prior to installation and found that it also would fit snugly with some WD-40 but no trimming.

It fits and works.

Regards

Jerry

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 11:03:49 AM »

this was the 294 part number, correct?

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 07:24:53 PM »

this was the 294 part number, correct?

Yup.    Harley P/N 29400022  $59.95

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 09:13:25 PM »

I read about that too. What I did prior to installation was to test fit the filter on the throttlebody backing plate first to see if any trimming was required. I put a little WD-40 around the edge of the rubber and then tightened down the filter screws. I also bench tested the chrome outside cover on the filter prior to installation and found that it also would fit snugly with some WD-40 but no trimming.       Did the same thing, a little WD-40, and slide my finger nail between rubber edge and air cleaner cover. Popped right in, and looks great on red bike ( IMO ).                                                                                             
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 08:38:49 PM »

Yup.    Harley P/N 29400022  $59.95

THANKS GUYS!

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 03:16:55 PM »

I read about that too. What I did prior to installation was to test fit the filter on the throttlebody backing plate first to see if any trimming was required. I put a little WD-40 around the edge of the rubber and then tightened down the filter screws. I also bench tested the chrome outside cover on the filter prior to installation and found that it also would fit snugly with some WD-40 but no trimming.       Did the same thing, a little WD-40, and slide my finger nail between rubber edge and air cleaner cover. Popped right in, and looks great on red bike ( IMO ).                                                                                             

FWIW: The newly announced Screaming Eagle/K&N Filter we are talking about is for the 2009, 2010 and 2011 110 motors. I didn't see one in your avitar and wanted to be sure you we talking about the same product.

Regards.

CVO Willie

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 07:26:59 PM »

i'm curious, does anyone use the kn kit.  RK-3930 specific to Harley CVO.  I bought through K & N. 

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 07:34:29 PM »

i'm curious, does anyone use the kn kit.  RK-3930 specific to Harley CVO.  I bought through K & N. 

For what specific model and year?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.