Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Deciphering Dyno Numbers?  (Read 12357 times)

timtoolman

• never enough torque!!!!!!!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Hillside Stg 4 117, S&S 66 T.B. Woods 400-6, Rush 2-1 Wrath
Re: Deciphering Dyno Numbers?
« Reply #75 on: April 01, 2011, 03:03:04 AM »

hmmmm a stg 4 107 with a nitrous assisted pro charger,  Ohhhhhhh   yeah, think id better change cams and lower compression.  that thing would run a dyno 

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2011, 01:31:02 PM »

Bigjohn et.al. I appreciate the tutorial. I am safely learning the bike. I did some fourth and fifth gear full throttle roll ons' the other day on a back road and was doing 110mph in no time flat. It's good to have dual disc on the front of the fatbob to slow her down. :2vrolijk_21:

I wish I could have added more cubes but they told me at the Harley shop that they had no means to do so. I guess I'm done with the mods for now.

Have you all seen the JIMS 131 in action? Tell me about it. Do we need another thread for that?

bigjohn

• Full CVO Member
  • "Glorified Briggs and Stratton engine"
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2011, 08:54:03 PM »

Yea that 120 will run, just becareful.....those turns come up fast.
Not much experience with the 131's. I know they are a love / hate relationship. Some love them ..some hate them. For the price you could build a good engine and a backup for it. They were having crank problems if I remember correctly. A friend at our local shop installed one. He said it will set you back, I havent had the chance to see him run it yet.  Personally I think the 103's were the best engine harley built. I forsee building one in the near future. Got my hands full now with this sportster for my son. Its going to be a fun ride.

That was a good thread last time. A lot of knowledgeable people here on this site and I look forward to learning new things too.
Hang on Newt......she's headed for the buckwheat

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2011, 12:29:26 PM »

Bigjohn et.al. I appreciate the tutorial. I am safely learning the bike. I did some fourth and fifth gear full throttle roll ons' the other day on a back road and was doing 110mph in no time flat. It's good to have dual disc on the front of the fatbob to slow her down. :2vrolijk_21:

I wish I could have added more cubes but they told me at the Harley shop that they had no means to do so. I guess I'm done with the mods for now.

Have you all seen the JIMS 131 in action? Tell me about it. Do we need another thread for that?

Dr.D
        Is there a reason you are only asking about a JIMS ? Lots of other very high quality high performance crate engines out there. No sense in naming what I think is the best as there's several folks on this thread who've already made some snide comments as to their opinion of my opinions (note, I'm not naming them nor am I dissing their line of BS) Anyway, do your homework, check around, find out who's who in your area, do some on-line research, call the company(s) you're interested in and speak with one of their tech folks. Lots of ways to find the right motor for you and ensure that you're getting quality and longevity for your hard earned dollars. Good luck

B B

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2011, 02:22:58 PM »

El Spidy truth is I saw them in the Harley Screaming Eagle catalogue and the dealer mentioned them. I am truly ignorant of the others and that is why I am speaking of them, to spark discussion. I was sure there would be praises and damnation of the same motors. :P

They priced me around 9K for motor installed. My stock 110 is a grey/silver color and it would not match so there was another problem in  addition to $ I did also hear of some unreliability issues with the JMS 131.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2011, 02:31:16 PM »

El Spidy truth is I saw them in the Harley Screaming Eagle catalogue and the dealer mentioned them. I am truly ignorant of the others and that is why I am speaking of them, to spark discussion. I was sure there would be praises and damnation of the same motors. :P

They priced me around 9K for motor installed. My stock 110 is a grey/silver color and it would not match so there was another problem in  addition to $ I did also hear of some unreliability issues with the JMS 131.

There's a lot of crate engine Mfg's. Do some research. As I said, I'm not in the mood for the comments a few on this thread (and others) seem to need to hurl in my general vicinity. If you'd like PM me and I'll discuss my thoughts with you off-line

B B

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2011, 05:14:10 PM »

Thanks BB as I said I'll look them up.

hogasm

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2011, 07:29:46 AM »

Tim,

That is on the street not the track :)       Happens a lot, but in regards to your real question if a guy gets off a lot faster and better 60ft or 300 ft that initial time getting off quicker cna be the difference of why he won vs. lost.   Not all the time is the raw HP on the top end enough to make back up that slow leaving the line.

I watched that the other night on PINKS that was filmed in Va
The winner in a Mopar with 600hp beat out a guy with 850hp....much quicker off the line and held off to win
HP car was catching him in the end... if it was a 3/8 mile track the MOPAR would have lost

bigjohn

• Full CVO Member
  • "Glorified Briggs and Stratton engine"
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »

thats a good show, remember when it was for real pink slips? They have some nice cars on there. I love the sleepers that come on there and smoke everyone.
Hang on Newt......she's headed for the buckwheat

Page created in 0.572 seconds with 21 queries.