Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Delphi EFI  (Read 1520 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Delphi EFI
« on: May 23, 2006, 06:44:29 PM »

Does anyone know what's involved in swapping a MM EFI to a Delphi unit.  My bro-in-law has a 2001 RK with the MM EFI unit and he wants to upgrade the motor and change the fuel injection.  What are out there for options and what's involved in the swap.

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Delphi EFI
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 08:25:25 PM »

BEAGLE not sure exactally but the ECM and wiring harness along with all of the sensors and injectors would have to be changed. Oh and the manifold and throttle body.

I have never know this to be done but I'm sure it can be. A lot of work and a few dollars.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 08:49:44 PM »

Sounds like a lot of work.  Does anyone punch out MM EFI's?????Dakota Kit does wonders with Delphi,  but these freakin MM's are real tough.
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 09:12:48 PM »

Sounds like a lot of work.  Does anyone punch out MM EFI's?????Dakota Kit does wonders with Delphi,  but these freakin MM's are real tough.

The biggest problem with the MM unit is nobody really knew how to hop them up. As fuel injection evolved with our HD's things started to change and the aftermarket saw it was here to stay. I know HD makes a SE model for the MM I think it is a 45 mm unit. I don't have a catalog in front of me so I don't have any specs or price.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 10:04:04 PM »

DAWG,
   I have the "bible" on my nightstand......Let me look.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 04:47:22 AM »

DAWG,
   I have the "bible" on my nightstand......Let me look.

Beagle if it is not in the latest edition I know it is in last years. If you can't find it PM me and I will get you all the poop on it!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 09:21:26 AM »

Headpan62, who hangs out on the serg section alot switched his to carburetor and likes it alot.  It was very simple to do, according to him.  He was able to leave all the accessories (cruise, low fuel light, etc) in place and working.  I put a race fueler on the wife's serg with great improvement, as have several others.  How far does your b-i-l want to go with the motor??  With what I've seen from the race tuner, I'd bet you could adequately tune a 103 with it and MM injection.  No, it wouldn't be the fastest 103 out there, but it wouldn't cost your first born either.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 10:09:16 AM »

I looked in the latest parts book last night and didn't see anything.  I did however look at Dakota Kids website and he does punch the MM's out to 42mm and modify the intake ($320 for EFI service).  I think this may  be the way to go on this one.  He plans on going to 95", ported/polished heads (probably Dave Mackie) and matching pistons.  We have to do a SERT or PCIII and then a dyno.  We hope to get in the 95/95 range with it.
   His problem is he rides mostly with BB and myself,  and gets frustrated when he can't keep up.  We'll see how this thing goes.  Right now he's doing a pool and a BBQ in the back yard,  so I figure it can go either way.  Either he hides the cost of the motor work in the cost of the pool,  or it waits until his a$$ stops hurting from the cost of the pool.....Dunno,

Stay tuned.....

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.