Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Exhaust decisions overload. Which one? Need help.  (Read 8005 times)

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Exhaust decisions overload. Which one? Need he
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2006, 06:45:03 PM »

>:( you know where it is your just yanking my chain!! go to search engine and key in HD TRADER put in year 2006 go to screamin eagle fatboy there are 12 at last count, only 2 concord purple in group about 4 yellow and blue rest are silver.  you know they only made 2900 or 3000 but know more being built now, and if you can find i new one, will be hard to do.also i here they are not making scremin eagle fatboy for 07 ,dont know about other bikes let me know if you can tell me, but i like harleys but to me FATBOY is king of the jungle. [smiley=nervous.gif]
TOM

longshot

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2006, 11:13:49 PM »

[highlight]also i think stock C.V.O. FatBoy gets 85H.P 88torqe but im not sure so if im wrong dont shoot me, just rag on me like my hopped up bud[/highlight] ::)
I Tend to beleive an independent party to test and say what the hp and torque are. Consumer cycle news tested the 103 fat boy and got sae corrected rear wheel hp @ 75.7 and torque @84.3, They have nothing to win and nothing to lose so why would they do a bogus test. Other independents have similar values.  You have to compare apples to apples. Engine hp and rear wheel hp is quite different,corrected dynos stats and uncorrected are different, and there is pleanty of people out there that can manipulate the dyno test just to make you happy with the numbers. WHO IN THE HECK IS KEEPING SCORE ANYWAY? I got 92 hp and 93 torque with a flat air fuel/air mix and that is sae rear wheel corrected. I get martian bros. pipes with KN filter and SERT. Looks great, sounds great, and runs great. If i wanted a fast bike i would have bought something other than a se fatboy.

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2006, 09:18:23 AM »

Yea, I was on harleytraderonline.com, I found them 3 yellow 2 purple 4 Autumn haze. That Purple haze for 26995.00 brand new is a great deal.

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2006, 07:41:28 AM »

>:( hey tuned yor not going to buy 06 purple fat boy (rarest color) for $27k and when you add tax title sert pipes labor you will be over $30  8-)
TOM

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2006, 10:19:54 AM »

>:( hey tuned yor not going to buy 06 purple fat boy (rarest color) for $27k and when you add tax title sert pipes labor you will be over $30  8-)
[/color]

Where did you get your information on the color counts?

PoorUrbanHdBiker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2006, 04:33:47 AM »

When the rubber hits the road and all things are considered I suggest you find a quality pipe with good fit, chrome, heatshields, and sound that appeals to your ears. The swoopy bling bling pipes will HP fine but have large torque dips in the areas where we ride most, so there are givebacks. In the end on a stock motor there will not be that much difference from any of the pipes mentioned here if WOT hp is the only criteria.
Regarding the short list
V&H makes a quality product with excellent customer support. The performance winner is the propipe. Most are loud but not unruly with baffles. The others from V&H get good points for bling especially the radius pipes but the edge in overall performance goes to the Propipe. The propipe will also support higher hp levels where the short list of "what works and what doesn't" becomes more critical.
The D&D FatCat with the performance baffle is ear shattering but works well. I think I would be inclined to use the standard baffle on a stocker, better torque and little to no WOT hp loss. Much happier ears, trust me this all comes from first hand experience. Rumor is D&D will release a quieter baffle soon

Slick

« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2006, 07:39:45 PM »

I ordered the Rinehart Staggered pipes today and having them installed with the Powercommander next week. I'll post some feed back and pictures then.

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2006, 10:52:35 AM »

hey street stalker you should have bought upswept boarzilla i can blow you off road im making 15H.P more than you and thats mostley pipe, but yours look good ,just be careful who you call out ;D
TOM

2Fatboys

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2006, 07:25:03 PM »

hey street stalker you should have bought upswept boarzilla i can blow you off road im making 15H.P more than you and thats mostley pipe, but yours look good ,just be careful who you call out ;D

Where you get your Boarzillas at?

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2006, 02:26:55 PM »

hey street stalker you should have bought upswept boarzilla i can blow you off road im making 15H.P more than you and thats mostley pipe, but yours look good ,just be careful who you call out  

I would love to line them up some time, but we most likely are on other sides of the country (Maine).  Calling you out is certainley not out of line, especially the way you brag about a piped 103 on this board.  It sounds like you've been reading Latus HD's dyno runs on SE fatboys.  You must be new to this game if you think that piped 103 is going to smoke anyone.  There is always someone with a bigger wallet than you and willing to prove it.  ;)

I think you should spend some time on the twin cam side reading dyno sheets and familarize yourself with some of the boys on here putting out real numbers!

2Fatboys

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2006, 04:36:16 PM »

I'm in Maine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.