Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Strange noise in my primary  (Read 12177 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Re: Strange noise in my primary
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 02:37:05 PM »

It must be nice to be able to afford a second bike. My 2000 FXR4 EVO CVO with a S&S V111 and lots of other things took the money my wife does not spend. I know how I am with one bike, having a second woould put me into bankrupcy!

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
Re: Strange noise in my primary
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »

Ha ha!! I don't have a car or truck or payments for my #2 bike either. No kids, both of us ride and love this stuff, although she rides a Dela style trike, the Can-Am RSS, and bought the exact Limited Edition matching trailer as well. We do have an older Civic Hybrid, 2004 which has long since paid for itself with the fuel saving and has not been a payment since 2009. And, U r right, I'm lucky, not because we have money(not), but because of how we choose to live, as these being a big part of both of our lives. This has also taken alot of time to get to this point, 10 years ago...not possible for me, and my wife weighed so much that she couldn't hardly get on a bike. Fast forward 125 lbs. and her new found health and while she was changing things in her life she wanted her own bike. No prior riding experience, but the semi auto and all of the electronic (3 way ABS on 1 foot pedal, stability control, traction control, no clutch or foot shifter just a left handed paddle shifter that requires only up shift clicks with left thumb and it down shifts, blips the throttle and it shifts with complete autonomy) were so much safer that I felt somewhat better at first, until riding classes gave her much better insight. When she came on board, it was all different with the first year, 3 out of state trips, nearly 10K the first year. She wanted me to be as comfortable as she was and the HD dealer offered me so little as a trade, we just felt like it 98 FB should live at our house the way it is,,, ever changing ;) Hence a new RGC in 2011, and then she, we got another 9K this last late summer/fall so after 2 years and nearly 20,000 miles, she is really into it! :D
  Come back a few years from now and I will bet u still have the bike u have now, plus something much newer, but u can't keep spending cash on the old one for a little while unless u win lottery ;)
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.