Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: help with new exhaust for 2011 streetglide to hot and to quiet!!!  (Read 6395 times)

2011cvostreetglidewonit

I want to make it pretty loud and also keep the dual exhaust look and that cat is cooking my leg!! I also like the look of the exhaust thats on there stock.I talked to the dealer and they just want to say yeah we can hook you up good around $2500 to $3gs ouch!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: help with new exhaust for 2011 streetglide to hot and to quiet!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »

Do a search on the site for "Fullsac" (w/o the ") and you will find many threads regarding this option. You can maintain your stock look converting to their pipes using your stock heat shields that will be de-cat'd and they also sell replacement baffles you can (or they will) insert in your stock mufflers. BTW when/if you decide that's the way you want to go Fullsac is also a vendor on the site and offers a discount in our Vendor Discounts board.

BTW -  Just noticed this is your first post... welcome to the site... also you have an interesting screen name that has to have a story behind it. When you get a chance you should go to this board - New Member Introduction and start a thread to introduce yourself.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 02:39:46 PM »

Check out the fullsac stage 1 kit you will like it and cost way less than $2500.00
DND

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »

Check out the fullsac stage 1 kit you will like it and cost way less than $2500.00

X2

Currently running Rinehart true duals but a bit too loud for me on this bike. So I purchased (haven't installed) the Fullsac X pipe (new C model) and the 2" cores for the stock muffler cans. Both exhaust systems removed the cat but the Fullsac system will quiet things down some, add some lower end torque but reatins the stock look. I might tinker with the Rinehart 3 1/2" mufflers just to see what it sounds like but not sure if I'll ultimately wind up selling off the Rinehart system. They sound nice for local riding but out on the road for hours they're a bit much.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 04:00:02 PM »

I want to make it pretty loud and also keep the dual exhaust look and that cat is cooking my leg!! I also like the look of the exhaust thats on there stock.I talked to the dealer and they just want to say yeah we can hook you up good around $2500 to $3gs ouch!!!

As mentioned, the Fullsac X pipe (header) is a quality pipe that uses all your stock heat shields and gets rid of the CAT.  Depending on how loud you want it, you can go with the 2" baffles or the 2.25" baffles...you just grind the welds off the stock baffles, pull them out, drill a hole to bolt the Fullsac baffle in, and voila, you've just increased performance by a good 10% and made the exhaust have a better sound.  You will need a tuner for the bike as well...if you go with the Fullsac system, just get the TTS Mastertune and Steve at Fullsac can provide you with a map for the ECM that will be so good you may not even need to do a dyno tune.  If you do the work yourself, all that will cost you $1100 or so.  The best bang for the buck out there, IMO.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »

Good explanation Midnight. I just posted up a video of Steve removing the stock cores in a thread and gives a visual on what you were talking about.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=67991.msg1036460#new

Video of a bike with the 1 3/4 baffles.

#!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:09:47 AM by CVOThunder »
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 10:13:33 PM »

Fullsac is the way 2 go.
 I'm running their "C" headpipe, 1 3/4" baffles and the  TTS tuner with Steves' map on my CUSE6 and the bike runs great. The headpipe removs the CAT and all the heat it generates making the ride much more comfortable. Sound is subjective and I find the 1 3/4" baffles pleasant to listen to on all day rides, and we can still hear the XM radio  :huepfenjump3:

Total cost of the headpipe, baffles and tuner was under $1100 - I did all the labor at home in the garage and it was easy, I used my dremel with a carbide cutter to remive the stock baffles as  has been disucssed in other threads here.

Even the BSR noticed the increase in seat of the pants torque and the reduction in heat felt on the legs - she even likes the sound.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 06:58:37 PM »

You'll see all over this site FULLSAC and many here have drank from that well. Most likely a good product.

Here's a super cheap and easy to do option. Did it myself and I'm not even close to a mechanic.

Step 1: Remove stock header
Step 2: Cut plate out of side where the cat is
Step 3: Chisle out the cat
Step 4: Weld plate back (local shops will do this for like $30)
Step 5: Re-install header

Hmmm, $30 and about an hour of your labor for a 2-1-2 free flowing header or $300 for a Fullsac free flowing 2-1-2 header.

Muffler options are nearly limitless and it all depends on the sound that best fits your ear WHILE YOUR ON THE BIKE and not just by hearing one pass you by.

Here is St. Louis I have yet to see or hear a Fullsac Cored Muffler so I can't comment on their sound but my V&H Hi-Output Slipons with a de-catted stock header sound pretty go while I'm riding the bike.

Lots of choices but the do it yourself de-cat is the cheapest thing you'll ever buy for your Harley.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 09:48:37 PM »

You'll see all over this site FULLSAC and many here have drank from that well. Most likely a good product.

Here's a super cheap and easy to do option. Did it myself and I'm not even close to a mechanic.

Step 1: Remove stock header
Step 2: Cut plate out of side where the cat is
Step 3: Chisle out the cat
Step 4: Weld plate back (local shops will do this for like $30)
Step 5: Re-install header

Hmmm, $30 and about an hour of your labor for a 2-1-2 free flowing header or $300 for a Fullsac free flowing 2-1-2 header.

Muffler options are nearly limitless and it all depends on the sound that best fits your ear WHILE YOUR ON THE BIKE and not just by hearing one pass you by.

Here is St. Louis I have yet to see or hear a Fullsac Cored Muffler so I can't comment on their sound but my V&H Hi-Output Slipons with a de-catted stock header sound pretty go while I'm riding the bike.

Lots of choices but the do it yourself de-cat is the cheapest thing you'll ever buy for your Harley.

Help me understand this.
You removed the stock header, cut the plate out of side where the cat is, chiseled out the cat, welded the plate back, re-installed the header and did all this in about an hour?
WhooHoo, your good!
I'm impressed.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 10:15:07 PM »

Probably even ceramic-coated it, too! :P ::) :huepfenlol2:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »

Probably even ceramic-coated it, too! :P ::) :huepfenlol2:

That may have taken an extra 1/2 hour :huepfenlol2:

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2012, 10:59:19 PM »

Thank God you don't live near me!
If you want to do "loud", there are many options and the cost will be $0.00 to over $4000 depending what  you want, and how much you can do yourself.

If you want "stock looking", and best bang for the buck it will hard to beat a Fullsac Sportpipe and re-cored stock mufflers.
A lot of us here also like the "stock look".
Yep, I'm  :drink:
JMHO, of course!

HOGMIKE

2011cvostreetglidewonit

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »

Thanks to everyone! I thought how cool is that, so many replies so quick!!! I will be giving Steve a call. It sounds like the way to go without going broke. As much as i liked my fatboy and ultra after riding this i don't want to ride anything else unless its a CVO !!! This is a awesome bunch of people thanks again and ride safe!!!!! :o

Jerry/MD

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 09:18:29 PM »

Another vote for Fullsac. :2vrolijk_21: Reduced heat...improved performance...louder than stock, but not obnoxious...priced right...what more could you want?  ;)

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Jerry

RICK N

• CVO1: 2012 cvo ultra
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 09:12:53 PM »

I just purchased the sport pipe with core exchange, 2 inch baffles, and tts tuner today from fulsac and the bill was less than $1,000   From everything I have read they seem like the way to go.  I wanted to keep the look of my pipes and yet have a little more rumble and also get rid of some of the heat and this system seems to be the ticket for that .  I hope so
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 21 queries.