Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Any thoughts on race tuner or pipes yet?  (Read 7797 times)

DHTDHT

Re: Any thoughts on race tuner or pipes yet?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 06:44:12 PM »

Good deal, maybe you can just do the program for now and dyno later.  The red dashed line on my readout is set at 13.5 for the A/F, and they came pretty close to that across the range.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 06:55:02 PM »

Yeah you said the scale was different and it's hard to read on my monitor. That's exactly what I'm gonna do. And thanks for making clear and easy to understand as I was able to talk to them like I knew what the hell I was talking about. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

DHTDHT

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 10:09:15 PM »

Glad to help. We're all kinda new at the EFI progam stuff

mavrik

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 10:30:58 PM »

Ok, sorry but still trying to find my way around here..
I have a 07 FXSTSSE...  as many I could not wait to get it enough miles on it so
I could change the exhaust...  I put in on the dyno in stock condition..
the results were 85HP and 98 ft lbs torque.....  
the only changes were a Screamin Eagle air intake and for the exhaust I went with
RB Racing LSR 2 into 1 pro stock 2" c sytle...
I went with SERT and the new dyno was  95 HP with .... get this... three runs with the same results....  118 ft lbs torque...
The pipes sound good, deep and throuty...... the motor breathes so much better as most would
expect...
I have only put about 100 miles on the new pipes...
Here is what I have experienced... the peak torque range is between 3200 and 4000 rpms...
that is when you can truly feel the grunt in the motor..
what I have also noticed before and after is that the motor seems like it is lugging under 2800 rpms..   any gear when it is turning between 2200 and 2700....  it is so bad that I feel it thru out the bike...  I usually have to down shift and that takes it up about 400 rpms and then the bike is smooth as silk... also in 6th gear crusing around 65 it lugs.. only in 6th and keeping it 70 and above does this go away....
As for the exhaust my only regret is not going with the same exhaust but in a 1 3/4" pipe....
As for the bike over all I love... I rode a 96 FatBoy for 10 years then a  [smiley=oops.gif] Big Dog Pitt Bull for a year....
I am with everyone else as far as waiting to see how the 110 performs overall.. it does seem like it comes up a little short for a 110.... the lean issue is well known by many... no secret there...
I welcome input from anyone on their experiences...

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 07:47:08 PM »

Ok, sorry but still trying to find my way around here..
I have a 07 FXSTSSE...

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

mavrik

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 09:02:39 PM »

Hoist... I do have the dyno sheets and I will post them asap....
To be honest I was not that shocked at the torque increase..
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 09:03:19 PM by mavrik »

DHTDHT

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 09:04:15 PM »

mavrik,

Yes, I too would like to see your dyno graph.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 09:04:57 PM by DHTDHT »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 09:08:42 PM »

also Hoist... What is RTS...
Can't speak for Hoist, but in the context of the sentence it was in I'm guessing it means "Run The _hit out of it".

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 09:13:28 PM »

Can't speak for Hoist, but in the context of the sentence it was in I'm guessing it means "Run The _hit out of it".

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Acronyms 'r' us, d00d!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 09:15:43 PM »

Acronyms 'r' us, d00d!
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 09:19:35 PM »

Hoist... I do have the dyno sheets and I will post them asap....
To be honest I was not that shocked at the torque increase..

mavrik

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 09:39:52 PM »

:)  I know that some may question the numbers but I am a man of my word and promise that no mods other than stated, the air intake and exhaust were done...   NO CAMS......I am working on my old scanner and hope to have sheets posted by tomorrow...  maybe someone can help me when they see the lines.curves...  
as for the lugging....  I can only  say that even riding before mods and after that I noticed that the bike vibrates any gear at around 2500 rpm.....  I run thru the gears and at each change at 3000 rpm the drop is about 400 to 500 rpms and I feel it via my foot pegs even... If I down shift the rpms go up to around 3000 and it is smooth as silk... the vibration goes away....
More to come..... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 09:50:30 PM »

:)

DHTDHT

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 09:52:43 PM »

mavrik,

For sure, the bikes do smooth out more around 3000 rpm.  Perhaps the 'Torque Smoothing Cablibration' addresses the problem you're talking about.  Mine seems fine where it is, so that's where I'm leaving it. I'm not going to have the calibration done.

Dave

mavrik

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 10:35:16 PM »

Hoist, I know you were not questioning it....  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] it would seem like maybe i did a different cam to get those numbers...  I think I did get lucky and get a good motor...

DHTDHT....  when I post the sheets I think maybe you'll agree that the curve may show that exact issue with the torque and the lugging...
How do you like yours overall?  I have to be honest I heard a lot of things about the Springer but to tell you the truth mine rides smooth as far as handleing....  I LIKE the ride... I am 6'1 and do plan on moving the forward controls about 2" up....  The other thing is to change out the front brakes....  I think HD did a great job in the overall look of the bike...  I think that once a few of these gets out on the rode you'll see more interest and maybe even some copy cats...  Good choice on the color....  I'm sure you are getting a lot of attention as am I....
I honestly can not say enough about the overall performance and handleing of the ride...
 8-)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.46 seconds with 21 queries.