Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: H-D stopped/cancel shipping of CVO Breakout?...  (Read 32991 times)

NYRdKngLouis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
H-D stopped/cancel shipping of CVO Breakout?...
« on: March 29, 2013, 09:56:56 PM »

Greetings to all.
Apparently w/o an explanation, H-D has stopped (cancel) shipping of CVO Breakout bike...

Here is my story, and I would like an explanation from our biker community....someone has to know what is going on...is it  bs from my dealer? is it true? ...what's the true story?

I went to a dealer where my friends and I usually buy our Harleys. I have left a deposit for a CVO Breakout although the dealer had only one coming sometime this April. At the time of this transaction, early Jan, I was informed that there was only one CVO Breakout due in that dealership by April and some one had left a reserve deposit,  already. I told the sales person that I was leaving a deposit in case the guy change his mind or if nothing had change and no more CVO Breakout were coming this year, I want to have my deposit in for the next year 2014 model.
Today, I stopped by the dealer and I was told that they got a call from H-D to inform them that all CVO Breakouts shipping to all dealers was cancel (not suspended as I thought first, but cancel all together). The dealer does not have an email to show for this rare thing. He had only a phone call. The dealer was worried that the guy that was waiting for the bike was not going to believe him and he was looking for some kind of written document from H-D so, the customer may not think that they were BSing him and perhaps the bike was sold to a "higher bidder"

Does any one have heard anything like this about the CVO Breakout? Cancel the shipping of about 600 bikes across the country? Perhaps is only this dealer that has been "punished"?
Please do your investigation and share the info. Why H-D would do this? Have they find something wrong with the one sold and on the road now?

Regards

Louis

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun
Re: H-D stopped/cancel shipping of CVO Breakout?...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 10:01:39 PM »

That is news to me. I'm sure there are a few Breakouts to be had, but you might have to do some travelling to find one and run the risk of dealing with a dealership that you aren't familiar with who will TRY to get you to pay way above MSRP.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

Bretto

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSBSE - Red ones go faster!
    • Rockhampton HOG
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 10:13:03 PM »

Still shipping them. Just got mine and all Australian Dealers were allocated an extra CVO Breakout when HD released the base model Breakout a few weeks ago.
Cheers
Brett

2013 FXSBSE with ProCharger - Giddy Up!

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout - Molten Silver / Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2006 V Rod Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 04:29:33 AM »

read the title & thought Far...........out

but I am sure they have shipped enough now to know if they had a problem or not, even if there was a problem they would only put a hold on shipping any further bikes not cancel all outstanding orders

regards

rod

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 07:45:30 AM »

Greetings to all.
Apparently w/o an explanation, H-D has stopped (cancel) shipping of CVO Breakout bike...

Here is my story, and I would like an explanation from our biker community....someone has to know what is going on...is it  bs from my dealer? is it true? ...what's the true story?

I went to a dealer where my friends and I usually buy our Harleys. I have left a deposit for a CVO Breakout although the dealer had only one coming sometime this April. At the time of this transaction, early Jan, I was informed that there was only one CVO Breakout due in that dealership by April and some one had left a reserve deposit,  already. I told the sales person that I was leaving a deposit in case the guy change his mind or if nothing had change and no more CVO Breakout were coming this year, I want to have my deposit in for the next year 2014 model.
Today, I stopped by the dealer and I was told that they got a call from H-D to inform them that all CVO Breakouts shipping to all dealers was cancel (not suspended as I thought first, but cancel all together). The dealer does not have an email to show for this rare thing. He had only a phone call. The dealer was worried that the guy that was waiting for the bike was not going to believe him and he was looking for some kind of written document from H-D so, the customer may not think that they were BSing him and perhaps the bike was sold to a "higher bidder"

Does any one have heard anything like this about the CVO Breakout? Cancel the shipping of about 600 bikes across the country? Perhaps is only this dealer that has been "punished"?
Please do your investigation and share the info. Why H-D would do this? Have they find something wrong with the one sold and on the road now?

Regards

Louis
[/quote
I think they are messing with you.. Sorry to hear that
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 03:18:10 PM »

I have a friend who's cousin has a son that his best friend's brother works at a uniform service that cleans uniforms for H-D and he said . . .
Jesus is Lord

Thermodyne

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 05:32:30 PM »

They are still being advertised for as being for sale.

Personally, I'd try another dealer.  Might have been an "if available" order, or the dealer might have been thinking there would be an extra scooter allocated to him.  Or it could have even been sold at a higher price.   

I know some dealers have them on the floor.

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 01:41:47 PM »

One of the dealers on long island told me the same thing no more breakouts to be had .I got mine in PA.
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 05:50:39 PM »

Harley-Davidson® Shop of Rochester 7 Crane Drive Rochester, New Hampshire
http://www.rochesterharley.com/inventory/g/2013/Harley-Davidson/motorcycle--scooter/Family/Harley-Davidson-CVO/CVO-Breakout/Base-Rochester-New%20Hampshire-1083291?format=html&

Had a Gold CVO Breakout on the Showrrom Floor "For Sale" at $26K and change
That was about 2 wwks ago.

Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' Eagle® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

sinktip

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 08:54:05 PM »

Was told by the local GM yesterday that no more would be shipped.

joe.f

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 08:58:57 PM »

Not sure what dealership you dealt with.... but I just got my CVO Breakout (Criminson Red) on Thursday 03/28/13 @ Nassau County Harley Davidson.  I purchased the bike in September / 2012 .... & it just arrived..... they are getting their last CVO Breakout (Black & Silver) in June .... but it just sold last week....  the June bike will be the 3rd CVO Breakout they have received..... 2-Black bikes & 1-Red bike

.... just installed a D&D Low Cat 2:1 Exhaust system .... still got to get it Dyno Tuned .... 

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 09:32:37 PM »

Was told by the local GM yesterday that no more would be shipped.

I am guessing that what they mean is all 1900 that were scheduled for build have now been allocated & no more will be shipped after the scheduled production run is completed

regards
Rod

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 11:13:03 PM »

I sure hope that is true. I was told mine is to arrive next week.

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

rodrocket

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 12:31:43 AM »

some of the dealers here in Australia were offered an extra CVO Breakout when the standard breakout was released a few weeks ago

if there was an issue with the CVO Breakout there is no way they would have been offered an extra one

another thing to consider, why would they stop the CVO Version & continue the standard version ??

regards
Rod

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 02:27:58 AM »

With only 1900 being made, I'm sure they are at the end of the run.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.