Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Almost purchased something I said I would never do.  (Read 1200 times)

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
Almost purchased something I said I would never do.
« on: October 14, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »

Some of my favorite bikes are the 09 Yellow SERG and the Concord Grape 2010 SESG.  Well a local guy posted an add for his low mileage 09 yellow SERG for a decent price.  While we were on the phone bashing the customer service in our area he indicated that one of his lifters grenaded and made the typical destruction area.  I asked if they gave him a new motor and he told me that they fought him all the way and just replaced the minimum parts.  They told him they cleaned the oil tank and flushed the bike clean & he should be all set to go. That was on his second year of ownership.  I asked him if the oil cooler and other areas were flushed well and he somehow indicated that he felt there was still a problem with the cam chest area making more noise than ever.  I politely ended the conversation and wished him luck on the sale.  It's hard to walk away from my next HD but the 08 SERK will definitely be my last HD unless someone leaves me one in their will.   I realize some have ridden lots of miles without any issues, I just feel that I had to spend way to much to get it to the point it is now.  Too old and broke to start another expensive project.  I will get another bike soon but it will have to absorb bumps and corner like a bike should.  That's pretty easy but I have to included the wife on my next bike as well.  So the search continues.   

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: Almost purchased something I said I would never do.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 02:37:15 PM »

sent you a PM

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 04:08:57 PM »

Just in case you need temptation, "Big Bird:"

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

howtodoit

• Senior CVO Member
  • Zion National Park
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 11:50:41 PM »

My 09 SEUC had the same thing happen on year two, at 24000 miles and HD replaced the entire motor with no hassle at all.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.