Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: cvo breakout seat poor quality  (Read 14001 times)

thedonva

Re: cvo breakout seat poor quality
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2013, 10:08:57 PM »

There are several custom seat manufacturers that are willing to take your stock seat and replace the padding with much higher quality padding. Different density foam based on rider's weight and request. some cover top layer with memory foam and/or gel pads taylored to the owner's specifications.  I understand that the feel of the seat is greatly improved while maintaining the original look of the seat.  Just a thought for those that didn't know.

HI - new BO owner and unfortunately the seat is not kind to me.  Do you have any specific recommendations or should I just search online.  I love the look of the BO seat but would like to sit down after a long ride.

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2013, 09:57:17 PM »

Cowboy,

To each their own. I love the stock seat. As far as the pilon, mine doesn't flop around at all. I have even taken it off and put it back on with no issues at all. It is solid on the bike. No reason in my opinion to get another seat for this bike. But that is why we add stuff to our bikes. To make them our own.

X2

Pilion flopping around ?   ???

thedonva

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »

X2

Pilion flopping around ?   ???

Probably has to do with my seating position.  I'm going to have the dealer assist.  I sent emails to two companies to mod the seat, we'll see what happens.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2013, 01:31:48 AM »

The passenger pillion portion of the seat is poorly designed, that is why it doesn't mount solidly.  Flopping around was probably a slight exaggeration but you can grab the front of the pillion and shake it very easily (unless you have the poorly designed grab strap wedged up tight over the top).

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 06:43:09 AM »

Greetings to all.
I am expecting delivery of a 2014 BO CVO sometime this year ...maybe. I am one of the 2013 orders H-D cancelled w/o explanation. I had a thread about this issue.
Anyway, on the seat question. I had a '06 Fatboy CVO. I was never able to do long rides in that bike...because the darn seat. Change seats 3 times...nothing worked for me.
I am very aware that a seat that does not fits me, may fit perfectly to you. Some of my friend rode my '06 Fatboy w/o problem. Therefore, they told me that was all in my head! LOL
However, the seat issue is a deal breaker for me. I love the red CVO BO...but if they have an issue with the seat, I am going to stay away from that bike.
I have an '05 Springer Classic with a seat  from a '03 Springer Classic. That seat allows me to ride an hour or so w/o any pain. After an hour, I do feel some discomfort, but it is bearable. It is the same with my '13 Street Glide. Comfortable for an hour or so...then a bit uncomfortable.
I also have a '09 FLHP and that seat is just wonderful. I could ride all day long w/no problems besides normal fatigue. As you see, it is not that I am a freak-of nature. It is just not easy to find a seat for me.
All comments will be appreciated.

I'm wondering if your problem could be a combination of things that could have an overall effect on your comfort, such as height and distance of handlebars from you, front pegs, etc ..... Hope you find a solution soon.  My '13 Breakout isn't as comfortable as my '11 Convertible in part due to the handlebars and the fact that the Convertible seat is cut more narrow in the front since the frame doesn't have to accommodate a 240 rear tire.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

thedonva

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 09:33:38 AM »

I think you are correct.  I'm new to this whole thing so it probably is more than just the seat.  When I ride I like to sit closer to the front and that is probably an issue with the handlebars.  I was hoping to just mod the seat so I sit closer instead of throwing on new handlebars.  At some point I would like to take my wife out but it seems this bike is not really good for two up riding.  In one sense I'm regretting going w/the BO.  I was looking at the new Street Glide last night, might switch to that if there are any left next fall.

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »

I like the rider seat (styling and comfort), the passenger seat is not going to work for riding 2up for sure.  I wish there was another pillion option that matches the OEM styling.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2013, 06:20:09 PM »

I like the rider seat (styling and comfort), the passenger seat is not going to work for riding 2up for sure.  I wish there was another pillion option that matches the OEM styling.

There' say a new option for the breakout, but doesn't fit the CVO style...  You'd have to ask your gf to sit on it and stay there until nobody could see you.... 

;)

thedonva

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2013, 09:38:55 PM »

Stealth fighter seat - ha ha
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 22 queries.