Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Would youdo an even trade, a CVO Breakout for a Street Glide Special  (Read 22154 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Would youdo an even trade, a CVO Breakout for a Street Glide Special
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 09:28:06 AM »

Gotta love those "mafia" opinions here.     I really think anyone that gives up the comforts of what baggers offer,,  will eventually miss them.   Riding around with a back pack would never get it for me... I need my tunes and my storage.  :)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 10:01:44 AM »

I didn't know my purchases were meant to make you happy.  Yes, I did ride the Breakout, yes I like the NEW Street Glide with the infotainment and redesigned bag lids.  The dealer called me....it's an option. 

Cool your jets CVO Harley mafia....you guys can rest easy knowing I'm not going into YOUR bank accounts to do whatever I decide to do.

x1237271727838

Then don't ask for our opinions of how YOU should spend YOUR money. :confused5:  Make your own mind up instead. :idea2:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »

By the way, I think you should do the trade. :2vrolijk_21:

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, 10:31:15 AM »

Absolutely, positively I would trade.   :bananarock:
Jesus is Lord

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »

I just got a text from the salesman that I talk to....the only reason they were going to give me $24k was because they have a customer in Australia that they deal with and he asked if the knew of anyone or if they had a line on one.  The Aussie is out of the deal.  They said they'd give me $22k now....I texted back no way.  He said he's gonna call me when he gets to the dealer.

On a side note, there are a lot of Aussies on this forum, I wonder if it was anyone on here?

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, 11:20:18 AM »

By the way, I think you should do the trade. :2vrolijk_21:

x2
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

BDMastiff

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 11:43:25 AM »

OMG here we go again... WTF did you get rid of your last SG for if you were just going to get another one 6 months later?  :nixweiss: Did you even ride the CVO breakout? Maybe you should just buy posters of a new bike and hang them in the garage every 6 months?

Harsh & Not very cool in my opinion.  There are intelligent ways to make your point without being insulting.  Go ahead and bash me too if it makes you feel good.  I don't really care what a stranger on the internet thinks about me.

I didn't know my purchases were meant to make you happy.  Yes, I did ride the Breakout, yes I like the NEW Street Glide with the infotainment and redesigned bag lids.  The dealer called me....it's an option. 

Cool your jets CVO Harley mafia....you guys can rest easy knowing I'm not going into YOUR bank accounts to do whatever I decide to do.

x1237271727838

You should enjoy riding your bike.  I've had almost every model of Harley they make.  As I've gotten older I only want to ride a touring bike.  People may tease me about my Geezer-Glide but I ride over 20K miles a year and I'm happy.  A few years ago I bought a $40K Big Dog.  It was more like a Big Mistake.  It was a cool looking bike but I rarely rode it and sold it at a huge loss.  You're correct, it is your bank account.  I'd ditch the Breakout and get the bike you really want.  Just my .02 cents.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 11:43:42 AM »

Just got back from the dealer.....$22k is the best they can do.  I'd have to come up with just over $3k, then exhaust and tune for another $2k, I think I'm gonna keep what I have.  I guess I have my car for tunes and storage.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, 02:06:04 PM »

Harsh & Not very cool in my opinion.  There are intelligent ways to make your point without being insulting.  Go ahead and bash me too if it makes you feel good.  I don't really care what a stranger on the internet thinks about me.

Nor should Jesse.  Everyone has their opinions.  You are free to express yours, just as Jesse was free to express his.

rockinred

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2013, 03:34:43 PM »

Nicky, here's my 2cents. 

Well... with another 3K into your Breakout you will blow away a stock looking SG and everything that model would have to offer.   Here we go... Buy custom detachable quick release bags and quick release backrest.  Then buy a HD windshield quick release and mount on the Boom audio to it.  Then go ahead and throw some air suspension on the rear and you sir would blow away any street glide and also have the option of stripping it down in 10 seconds to have one of the hottest looking softails on the market. 

Really there's no comparison unless maybe a CVO SG.  You want to walk away from that paint and big motor for stock SG?  You crazy is all i have to say. 

In the end it's about what makes you happy.

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 Break Out
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2013, 03:43:11 PM »

I kinda thought you were attempting to solicit opinions. I guess I mis-read the opening post.

Plus, I always thought it was supposed to be "+" not "x". I mean if someone would agree, they would use that to indicate that one more person, +1 was agreeing, kinda like an extra like. So, in my head, it is like "hey, I like that!" and the next guy would be like, hey, me too +1. So there we are left with a grand total of 2 people liking something. This is double the result of "hey, that sucks!" and the next guys says, awesome, I hate that also x1. because that would still be one. I guess that is why everybody is using numbers higher than 1. I would really attempt to make this complicated if I could figure out how to type an exponent.

But to answer the question in the title, no. I wouldn't.

Fisherman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout Hard Candy Gold
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 06:26:58 AM »

It would be like swopping  a silk purse for a pig's ear  ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:17:29 PM by Fisherman »

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 04:33:50 AM »

Just got back from the dealer.....$22k is the best they can do.  I'd have to come up with just over $3k, then exhaust and tune for another $2k, I think I'm gonna keep what I have.  I guess I have my car for tunes and storage.
  Nicky Nicky Nicky . . . ever since you took possession of the Breakout, you've been going back and forth between holding onto it or selling it.  The one thing you haven't done enough of is RIDE RIDE RIDE.  You have got an awesome machine, ride and enjoy.  The value will still be there if you ever decide to trade it in.  I picked mine up in February and I'm going in for the 15,000 mile service in two weeks . . . and i live on a tiny island.  Street Glides will always be around, '13 CVO Breakouts in our color scheme are as classic and enduring as they come.
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

ultrarider123

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 07:51:39 AM »

Nicky Nicky Nicky . . . ever since you took possession of the Breakout, you've been going back and forth between holding onto it or selling it.  The one thing you haven't done enough of is RIDE RIDE RIDE.  You have got an awesome machine, ride and enjoy.  The value will still be there if you ever decide to trade it in.  I picked mine up in February and I'm going in for the 15,000 mile service in two weeks . . . and i live on a tiny island.  Street Glides will always be around, '13 CVO Breakouts in our color scheme are as classic and enduring as they come.

Speedy, very well said...+1 (or is that X1, =1, #1....I'm so confused)

Nicky, as for the new deal you have been offered...stick with the Breakout.  Plus, I'd be ripping that dealer a new sphincter over renouncing their original offer.  Whether they have a buyer for your bike or not, they should be held accountable for an offer...not cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.