Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance & Hines Throttle Pak  (Read 2389 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Vance & Hines Throttle Pak
« on: December 05, 2013, 12:01:52 AM »

I didn't see any threads on this that weren't ancient, so I started another one.  I just installed the V&H Throttle Pak last night.  After having the bike dyno'd and then having another tuner tell me that I'm not going to do much better with the SE Tuner (he said he could do better with TTS), I couldn't stand the hesitation any longer.  I'm not willing to keep throwing money at this thing, with another tuning device and another dyno, just to get it the way the bike should have run from the factory.  Since I'm satisfied with the way it runs past the initial twist of the throttle, I was willing to toss another $135 down the drain.  Although I haven't had a chance to take it for a ride yet, the difference in throttle response in the garage is remarkable.  When I crack the throttle, my bike finally responds immediately and fully.  If I roll the throttle slowly and evenly, that's the response I receive...smooth!  I can't wait to go for a ride.  I hope I'm not disappointed on an actual ride.  If we get the rain we are supposed to get over the next few days, maybe the salt will be washed off the roads and I may be able to get out in some frigid temperatures this weekend and give it a try.

SG-103

Re: Vance & Hines Throttle Pak
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 03:38:49 AM »

I had one on my stg-iv 103, but was told I could make the adjustment with my SEPRT. I haven't got around to it yet but can tell a big difference in response with it off.

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:25:19 AM »

I installed the Throttle Pak 2 yrs ago and I couldn't be happier.  :2vrolijk_21:  I know there are riders out there that will tell you a good tune will eliminate throttle lag but I after tuning I still wasn't completely satisfied.  Problem eliminated with the Throttle Pak.   :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Coastal CVO

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 03:56:35 PM »

I didn't see any threads on this that weren't ancient, so I started another one.  I just installed the V&H Throttle Pak last night.  After having the bike dyno'd and then having another tuner tell me that I'm not going to do much better with the SE Tuner (he said he could do better with TTS), I couldn't stand the hesitation any longer.  I'm not willing to keep throwing money at this thing, with another tuning device and another dyno, just to get it the way the bike should have run from the factory.  Since I'm satisfied with the way it runs past the initial twist of the throttle, I was willing to toss another $135 down the drain.  Although I haven't had a chance to take it for a ride yet, the difference in throttle response in the garage is remarkable.  When I crack the throttle, my bike finally responds immediately and fully.  If I roll the throttle slowly and evenly, that's the response I receive...smooth!  I can't wait to go for a ride.  I hope I'm not disappointed on an actual ride.  If we get the rain we are supposed to get over the next few days, maybe the salt will be washed off the roads and I may be able to get out in some frigid temperatures this weekend and give it a try.

I feel your pain my friend, I have the same issue with my 2013 FLTRXSE2, I have given the issue to the attorney's to figure out at this point.
Pricey bike to not run right and to be told to buy aftermarket products to make it run correctly.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 11:30:39 PM »

The fuel pack was on the '09 SERG when I bought it then I installed the throttle pak there was a big difference in responsiveness of the throttle. I took it off when we went to the race tuner and stage III kit, because my tech told me that it would not play well with the race tuner. I am going with a power commander five with autotune, after I get the new build dialed in I might plug it back in and see if it makes a difference.
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

SG-103

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 08:36:17 PM »

I finally got mine adjusted with the SE race tuner, works just as good as it did with the Throttle Pak.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »

I had the chance to get a short ride in today.  The throttle pak works just as advertised.  I am very pleased with the way my bike performs...finally!  I wish I would have added this last spring.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.