Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: HD CVO BREAKOUT 2013-2014 RECALL  (Read 16418 times)

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2014 BREAKOUT
    • CVO2: 2006 ROAD KING CUSTOM 95 INCHER
    • CVO3: 1981 CUSTOM SHOVELHEAD 80 INCHER
Re: HD CVO BREAKOUT 2013-2014 RECALL
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 01:23:02 PM »

Im not gonna stress over it. I know how far I can go on a tankfull with my riding style so I will just keep the girl happy by filling the hole continuosly.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 01:23:13 PM »

When I emailed my tech about it he replied he was just notified about it today and will perform the recall.

I don't have that option. This dealership has a policy to not give out employees' email address to mere customers. They want us to use the general email for the whole dealership and they will forward it to the right person themselves. I know this because I asked and was informed of the aforementioned policy.

I will find another dealership to give my money to. Anyone in NOVA use Frederick HD? I might give them a shot next.

Cam

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 01:24:14 PM »

Rode over to 'the dealership' and just got back. The conversation went like this:

The dealership service guy number 1 (young guy in his twenties - always smiles and seems interested in bikes; heretofore referred to as 1): May I help you?

me: Yes sir I'm here about the...(interrupted)

1: The breakout recall? (he either remembered me from before since we have talked about bikes or saw me on my bike when I got there).

me: Yes sir. The fuel g...(Interrupted)

1: Unfortunately we have no idea what we are supposed to do to fix it yet. But I can take your info down and call you when we get the recall notice from Harley. What's your last name?

me: It's ...(interrupted by Service guy number 2 as he walked past me and stopped next to me  - an older guy in his 50's- I have NEVER seen him smile, not once! Heretofore referred to as 2)

2: We have no info on the recall so we can't do anything on the bike. You need to wait until you get a letter from Harley before you come over.

me: I think I have a number. I think it's 0115 - Let me...(interrupted - So I use this time to whip out my iPhone to get on the forum and give him all the info on this thread)

2: It's actually 0155.

me: so you have heard about it.

2: Just the number. That's not the number we need.

me: I have other numbers right here...(open the forum - go to my bookmarks - bring up this thread)

2: (while he is walking away) You need to wait until you get a letter from Harley. Everyone just listens to the folks on TV make a big deal out of recalls and rushes over here before we even get a chance to figure out what we need to do.

me: Ahhh. I got the info from other members on the CVOharley forum. I am planning to ride 500 miles down to NC to visit friends in May so I am hoping to have this...(I look up and realize 2 has lost interest and is walking towards the empty parking lot and away from pesky customers - or in this case pesky customer as I am the only one in the service area).

1: Did you get a letter from Harley yet?

me: To be honest I have not paid attention to the mail over the past week. Maybe I did. It's just not a problem I can ignore. Here, let me show you what Harley says (I pull up this thread and try to show him the info pasted here by dahsen. He does not look at it.)

1: Just wait until you get the letter.

me: Ahhh... (1 starts staring at the monitor in front of him - I realize I am dismissed - So I crawl away).

:soapbox:
How it could have gone:
1: How may I help you?
me:yes I'm here for the recall on my bike - a CVO BO - regarding the fuel gauge.
1: You are owner number x to report the problem. Unfortunately we don't have the info yet to do anything about it. Please give me your name and I will put you on the list and call you as soon as we get the info to arrange for the necessary work to be done.
me: Great! my name is... I'll wait until I hear from you then.

I know. I am too demanding as a customer. >:(

So, I have no info, do not have the letter, and wasted their time trying to find out if and when I can have this taken care of. But I enjoyed the heck out of riding the bike back and forth. So it wasn't all bad. :nixweiss:

There!!! I feel better already telling you guys about the wonderful service and communication skills of 'the dealership' I bought the bike from. :)

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programs...

Cam
This dealer... does their name start w/a "W" and end w/a "T"?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 01:27:57 PM »

This dealer... does their name start w/a "W" and end w/a "T"?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
No. Gave up on 'W'-'T' already due to what they did to my buddy's bike. This one ends w/a 'T' but starts with a different letter. ;)

Cam

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2014, 01:29:41 PM »

No. Gave up on 'W'-'T' already due to what they did to my buddy's bike. This one ends w/a 'T' but starts with a different letter. ;)

Cam
Ahhhh...I gotcha... that don't sound to "P"leasant either. ;)

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 01:33:56 PM »

Ahhhh...I gotcha... that don't sound to "P"leasant either. ;)

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
You are correct, sir! They aren't pleasant at all.

Cam

BADSE2

• VA

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 02:03:25 PM »

So, I haven't received a letter from Harley but it's nice to have friends in the right places, :).  So, I called the dealerhsip where my bike was bought and as soon as he heard my voice he said, "I was waiting for your call!"  He then informed me that he just received the recall information today and has no idea what the fix is.  I asked him if he would call me when he has the information. 

*****Please keep your tank full*****

Ride safe and enjoy this beautiful weather, :).

BADSE2

• VA

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 02:10:57 PM »

Cam

I think we've all had it with the HD Dealerships in this immediate area!!!!  They are nice when you're buying a bike and then you are just a number.  The "customer service" that I would expect from Harley is very disappointing!  The best mechanic left this area and we now take our bikes to "Pure Hell" in Manassas.  He's awesome!!!  We had our CVO Streetglide DYNO there and he's a true professional!  You have to be patient as his hours aren't 9-5 or open everyday however, when you get your bike back, it's perfect!  Also, he's honest and the customer service is impeccable!

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 02:15:13 PM »

Thanks. sounds like that might be where I need to go.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 02:22:18 PM »

Cam

I think we've all had it with the HD Dealerships in this immediate area!!!!  They are nice when you're buying a bike and then you are just a number.  The "customer service" that I would expect from Harley is very disappointing!  The best mechanic left this area and we now take our bikes to "Pure Hell" in Manassas.  He's awesome!!!  We had our CVO Streetglide DYNO there and he's a true professional!  You have to be patient as his hours aren't 9-5 or open everyday however, when you get your bike back, it's perfect!  Also, he's honest and the customer service is impeccable!

Thanks! I like the name, too! I'll look them up and take my bike there for general/non-recall items.

Cam

spin117

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 02:58:25 PM »

I had this problem right after I bought the bike and the dealership replaced my entire fuel/speedo/tach.  Needless to say it didnt help a thing.  Brought the bike in this Monday for the recurrance of the issue and they told me yesteday that they had just received information on the recall and that it will indeed be a recalibration in the Harley Computer.  Only problem is that the fix is not yet out there and the new flash or recalibration should be available by 4/21/14 the latest.  Until then, use the miles like we should be doing in the first place.

zigscvobo

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2014, 03:07:32 PM »

Well if I remember from my MMI days, HDTECH was the software used to do the flashes needed for recalibrations. If that is still true, and my memory is correct, once calibration is on one server it should be able to be picked up by all HD Dealers. Thus all that need this fix should be in and out pretty quick.   

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »

"We strongly urge you to take your motorcycle to your dealer to have the appropriate service performed as soon as possible."

Well.....    :-X

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2014, 06:25:02 PM »

"We strongly urge you to take your motorcycle to your dealer to have the appropriate service performed as soon as possible."

Well.....    :-X

I was my fault. I misunderstood the phrase 'as soon as possible'!  :nixweiss:

Cam

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2014, 09:06:03 PM »

I have not heard anything here either, but I'm going to keep riding and wait for them to send me a letter.
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 21 queries.