CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Which breather

(1/1)

Hondo2doc:
I have a 2021 CVO Streetglide with the 131ci. Currently using the Elite air breather. I have been reading about the Extreme breather. Yes a little knowledge can be dangerous. So Harley says the extreme is up to 42% more air then the stock breather. It also says above 60 mph it creates a ram air effect.

Now I think it's a bad ass looking air cleaner, but. It cost a little more than $500 bucks. Is it worth it? Does it make a noticeable difference in giddy up? Anyone have some first hand experience I'd appreciate some input. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

FLSTFI Dave:
I ran the Heavy Breather Extreme on my 2019 CVO RG.  The stock breather would not flow enough air.  Mine was built to 130", and 163 HP and 167 Torque.  It works very well.

HOGMIKE:

--- Quote from: Hondo2doc on September 26, 2023, 10:55:15 AM ---I have a 2021 CVO Streetglide with the 131ci. Currently using the Elite air breather. I have been reading about the Extreme breather. Yes a little knowledge can be dangerous. So Harley says the extreme is up to 42% more air then the stock breather. It also says above 60 mph it creates a ram air effect.

Now I think it's a bad ass looking air cleaner, but. It cost a little more than $500 bucks. Is it worth it? Does it make a noticeable difference in giddy up? Anyone have some first hand experience I'd appreciate some input. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

If your goal is performance AND looks that would be a good choice.
I chose to go “stock” looks on my 124 with the fuel Moto K&N kit. They also sell a taller air filter that uses the stock ventilator backing plate.
These will both support over 150 HP depending on your total combination of parts.

rayson56:
X2 on the Fuel Moto/Kuryakyn setup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version