Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 CVO Ultra amp replacement  (Read 1402 times)

RG89

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

2011 CVO Ultra amp replacement
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:09:34 PM »

Has anyone replaced their stock rear mounted amp with an amp mounted in fairing?  Mine has failed and I am removing the tour pack. What will be affected by removal and where is this CAN BUS located?  I have a 2011 Road Glide Ultra SE CVO. 

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: 2011 CVO Ultra amp replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 06:10:51 AM »

No CanBus on the '11. Many options on changing up the amp on those. I know we have some good audio gurus here that will chime in.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

RG89

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 06:56:42 PM »

My CVO wiring diagram shows CAN wires in and out of Amp and also to all Audio connections.  I'm an old dog learning new tricks here. My worry is if I remove the amp do I loose other functions?  Is the CAN reliant on the amp or the other way around?  Thanks for helping.

RG89

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 09:14:00 PM »

Talked to Pez at Hogtunes.  Just installed one of his amps and speakers.  Perfect, everything works.  All these people talking snake oil and black magic were wrong.  Thanks Pez.

ronibader

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 01:21:11 AM »

Talked to Pez at Hogtunes.  Just installed one of his amps and speakers.  Perfect, everything works.  All these people talking snake oil and black magic were wrong.  Thanks Pez.
Hey there, i got a 2011 RGU- CVO, removed the tourpack & installed new Hogtunes fairing speakers, and lower fairin woofers (Hogtunes as well). Except im still running the OEM HK amp, placed in the saddle.. it's overheating, and output is bad.. How did u wire your new hogtunes amp ? which amp did u get ? and did u run a new complete wiring from the radio to the new amp ? or used the existing harness !

Sorry, but here in Dubai, the dealer is useless, and there arent any good H.D repair shops.. so got to do it myself.

Appreciate the help.
Tnx

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.