Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cruise Control Problem '14 & '15 Softail Deluxe  (Read 2366 times)

SE_SG_Ryder

• '67 BSA Lightning, '71 Triumph Trident
    • TN

• CVO1: '14 FLSTNSE
    • CVO2: '10 FLHXSE ('10 to '14)
Cruise Control Problem '14 & '15 Softail Deluxe
« on: January 13, 2017, 12:13:07 PM »

Hello All,

So, you're cruising down an open stretch of 2 lane or on the interstate and you activate the Cruise Control, the yellow 'On' light comes on and you push the button to engage.  Nothing.  The yellow 'On' lamp is still on but the Cruise won't engage.

While your eyes are on the speedo and the still yellow Cruise light, take a look at the 'Gear' LCD.  Is it showing which gear you're in?  If not, the problem may be with the clutch switch.

In order for your cruise to engage, the ECM has know you're in gear - not in gear, no cruise engage.  An intermittent or open clutch switch will prevent these things from happening.

Two options:  1. If you're still under Warranty, let the dealer fix it.  2. If you're not under Warranty, have the dealer fix it for their big $$$, or spend under $20 and about an hour of work and fix it yourself.

Not being under Warranty, I checked the price of the switch, about $18.00 with tax here in Tennessee.  However, don't be fooled when you get your switch in your hand.  It needs to be soldered because the supplied connector ended leads can't be used - the leads from the factory are potted (sealed) and can't be dug out of the housing.  A little solder and short lengths of shrink tube and you're back on the road.  Cruise engaged and knowing what gear you're in.

Cheers.

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Cruise Control Problem '14 & '15 Softail Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 08:59:15 AM »

Any one else having this problem?
     Older Guy

dirtyike

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Deluxe
Re: Cruise Control Problem '14 & '15 Softail Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 10:36:09 PM »

Has the Cruise Control ever worked? On my 14 i activate it by pressing down (holding it) and moving the switch to the right. Once i do this the light turns green, then i just push in to deactivate.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.