Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: JCZ toy hauler....  (Read 30836 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: JCZ toy hauler....
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 08:18:57 AM »

Beautiful... I'm going to look at that model. Can you tell me how the garage and bedroom is set up?  Looks like full bedroom.  Love the living room that was one thing I did not like about other toy haulers.

Luc, look at all the Grand Design models.  They are top of the line for toy haulers.

The Momentum 376TH the bedroom is above the garage.  If you look at the picture of the window over the garage door (outside picture from the rear) it's the same window in the bedroom above the headboard.  This design keeps from loosing living space to the garage like most toy haulers.  The garage is actually below the bed, that's why the bed sets so high.  The drivers side of the bedroom is a slide out closet (all the mirrored doors) and the passenger side is all windows.

A large televator TV in the living room (it goes up and down in the cabinet behind the fire place), TV in the bedroom on an articulated wall mount and a TV outside in the entertainment center.

The forward living room with opposite slide outs is a huge plus for this model.....much like a small home rather than an RV.  This model, Momentum 376TH has only been out two years but is already one of their leading models.  Many full timers have this model due to the comfort level.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 08:30:26 AM »

Stunning toy hauler.
You should be smiling even more after retirement when you can fully enjoy this beauty.
WELL DONE SIR.....well done!!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 08:52:22 AM »

This 5er was bought used.....he had it for six months.  He ordered it with all the options like the washer/dryer, the 3rd A/C unit in the bedroom, 160W solar panel, whole house vacuum system, 7 yr. extended warranty, a new residential mattress, a new Kurig coffee maker with three cases of different flavors of coffee, etc.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 10:44:35 AM »

That is a damn nice rig JCZ, congratulations. At over 17K pounds loaded, how well does it tow? I'm sure your truck is up to the task but what kind of fuel mileage do you expect?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 10:51:37 AM »

That is a damn nice rig JCZ, congratulations. At over 17K pounds loaded, how well does it tow? I'm sure your truck is up to the task but what kind of fuel mileage do you expect?

I met the guy at my credit union in Pamona, Ca and the dash showed 14.7 mpg.  I towed it back to San Diego at 65-70 mph....some hills and it showed 14.5.  So it looks to be getting as good a mileage as my F-250 FX-4 pulling my small 5th wheel.  I'm actually kind of surprised at that considering this is a dually.  Much better mileage than my old F-350 daully with the 6.0 and a lot more HP and TQ in these newer trucks.

West Coast GTG   

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 11:21:00 AM »

Thanks a bunch for all the compliments guys.

The truth is, we've been working towards this goal for years.  When I retire later this year we will be living and traveling in the Momentum full time.  We're going to join the growing class of "full timers".  Yep, they even have several forums for full timers.  We're going to live the life, live the dream.....of the life that I used to dream about while on my long rides.

Plan to make it to more GTGs, also!  :2vrolijk_21:

Sooo....that means you sold the real house and we'll see you at right coast events too. 

CONGRATULATIONS!  Enjoy yourselves. Life is too short not to.

Very best regards

Jerry

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 11:26:47 AM »

Sold the sticks and bricks and a couple of rentals a few years back.  A couple more rentals went back to the bank when the housing market dumped.  We've been down sizing and getting rid of "stuff" every since.  It's hard to get rid of stuff but when you do, it's very freeing feeling.  No anchors around our necks.....we'll be able to go and stop when ever we feel like it.  I keep telling Babe I'm throwing my watch away.  LOL

West Coast GTG   

mkevns

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ID

• CVO1: Street Glide CVO
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2017, 11:33:23 AM »

Almost bought that model last month but every time the bed went up and down a lot of sawdust kept falling down to the floor and made me nervous... It looks like yours has the same problem in the pictures. I was a little nervous that it would fall down on my baby some day! Has it gone away yet on yours and did the dealer find anything or is there a problem? Please update in a few months and let us know how it's holding up.... ;)

mkevns

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ID

• CVO1: Street Glide CVO
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »

Almost bought that model last month but every time the bed went up and down a lot of sawdust kept falling down to the floor and made me nervous... It looks like yours has the same problem in the pictures. I was a little nervous that it would fall down on my baby some day! Has it gone away yet on yours and did the dealer find anything or is there a problem? Please update in a few months and let us know how it's holding up.... ;)

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »

It really is nice, JC.  I have good friends that retired back in '06 and sold everything to tour by RV.  They are still doing it and still loving it.
Best of luck!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 12:16:13 PM »

Nice JC. Still waiting for dealers on the east coast to actually have this model in stock to look at.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts with it.

I'm steering towards a conventional 5th wheel for our next rig, but my buddy has been wanting this model since we first heard about it. And once I finally see, might change mind as well. Full timing for 2-3 years is on our radar as well.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 12:19:03 PM »

I met the guy at my credit union in Pamona, Ca and the dash showed 14.7 mpg.  I towed it back to San Diego at 65-70 mph....some hills and it showed 14.5.  So it looks to be getting as good a mileage as my F-250 FX-4 pulling my small 5th wheel.  I'm actually kind of surprised at that considering this is a dually.  Much better mileage than my old F-350 daully with the 6.0 and a lot more HP and TQ in these newer trucks.

Ya gotta reset the lie-o-meter.

I never see better then 9.5 pulling 17-18K of toy hauler with my F-350 DRW. On average it is about 8.5-9 towing.

MV 2013

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »

The ability to move the bed up and down has only been out for a couple of months.  My bed does not move up and down.

The only sawdust in mine is from when I drilled the holes in the floor to install the B&W Biker Bar......   https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=79634.msg1422880#msg1422880

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 12:25:01 PM »

Ya gotta reset the lie-o-meter.

I never see better then 9.5 pulling 17-18K of toy hauler with my F-350 DRW. On average it is about 8.5-9 towing.

Is that by the computer on your dash?  What year of truck?  That sounds like about what I got with my 6.0.  My 12 F-250 and my 14 F-350 both get way better than that.  I'll check it by actual mileage vs. gallons used when I take a long trip.

West Coast GTG   

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 12:41:19 PM »

Is that by the computer on your dash?  What year of truck?  That sounds like about what I got with my 6.0.  My 12 F-250 and my 14 F-350 both get way better than that.  I'll check it by actual mileage vs. gallons used when I take a long trip.

My truck is a 2011 6.7.

My mileage has been consistent using either a calculator or the trip meters.
I used to get on average 10-12 towing but a transmission computer flash (that I specifically requested not be done) dropped my mileage almost 2 mpg on average, towing or not.

I've got 87,000 on the truck now of which 39,000 is pulling the toy hauler.
Just waiting for a chance to drive a 2017 450 to decide whether the next truck will be another 350 DRW or the 450.

I have 6 months and 11,000 miles before my bumper to bumper warranty runs out and I plan on having a truck before that expiration.

MV 2013

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 22 queries.