Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: 2018 Indians are out  (Read 13987 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: 2018 Indians are out
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2017, 09:51:35 PM »

My local Indian dealers service department is made up of all Harley service Tech's. I take my bike there for all my service, there prices are about 75 to 80% Of my local HD dealer. Bottom line, the last time I had fluids and tires done, they offered me a Chieftain for the night as a loaner! I could not believe that! 
The head tech is a great tuner,  and believe it or not 9 out of 10 bikes I see in there for a tune are Harley's,  just saying!

Tazmun

With all the bashing of incompetent techs on this site, are you sure you want them working on yours instead of an Independent? After all, what seems like most people believe are that there no good techs out there working at dealers.  ::) :beatdeadhorse:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2017, 12:13:41 AM »

Just called my Indian dealer getting some work done Cat, and pipes cleaned out, He told me about three hours and take one of the Demo's and have fun with it until your's is finished. How many H-D dealers will do that??  :nixweiss:
I took my Streetglide in for the 10,000 service last week and they own the Indian dealer about 1/4 mile away. They offered me a Roadmaster for the day (they have been trying to sell me one for a year) which I did not take but I did go for about a 20 mile ride. I agree the balance of the bike was great but my riding style has me a bit further up on the revs then most and I really thought the bike fell hard up there. I did like the entertainment functionality but personally for me didn't car for the "plasticky' looks of the system or dash. To be fair I have the stage 3 on my Streetglide and cat removed with TTS tune and guy told me up front I probably wouldn't care for the performance stock. I do think my Streetglide M8 stock 114 ran much better thought than the 111.
Overall for a bike that has only been out for a couple of years I do think it is a nice bike with potential and I would consider if they made some styling changes to the fairing and dash.
Interesting fact-in July they sold 118 Harleys at Biggs HD and 22 Indians at North County Indian. There are twice as many Harley dealers in San Diego County as Indian dealers so they still have "a hill to climb" even with Harley numbers dropping
Alan

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2017, 08:22:51 AM »

With all the bashing of incompetent techs on this site, are you sure you want them working on yours instead of an Independent? After all, what seems like most people believe are that there no good techs out there working at dealers.  ::) :beatdeadhorse:
Mike,  the Harley techs at this Indian dealer worked at the head techs independent shop. It's a long story, but his shop was in a pole barn behind
his house and the neighbors started to complain. The owner of the Indian dealer offered him the job as head,  so he moved his business in.
Taz
The "TAZMUN"

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2017, 09:25:26 AM »

Funny stuff here  :huepfenlol2: any shop besides genuine certified HD dealers will be under the sanctions the MOCO has put into effect to protect their proprietary stance. Sure the simple fluid changes and what not is not affected, but try and buy a part needed to fix other problems, waivers and small print is abundant in shopping online.

I think the new M8 engine is for that very reason also, the twin cam patents will be public sooner than later.  :nixweiss:

Ride em if ya got em

TN

I got way too much time on my hands  :drink:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:28:54 AM by TN »
Wut the hell was that maneuver

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2017, 10:13:48 AM »

Mike,  the Harley techs at this Indian dealer worked at the head techs independent shop. It's a long story, but his shop was in a pole barn behind
his house and the neighbors started to complain. The owner of the Indian dealer offered him the job as head,  so he moved his business in.
Taz
Sounds like you found a good one then. I have no issues with my dealer either but it seems like a lot of people just can't find a good wrench.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mark

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2017, 07:16:21 PM »

Knoxville got Jack Daniels #70, it lasted two days.

They are suppose to get two of the Roadmaster Elite's.  I am most likely going to test ride a Roadmaster when I get home.  If I love the ride, I will seriously consider putting a deposit down for the Roadmaster elite.

Having purchased a RM 18 mos. ago, you'll love the ride and handling.  For my height and size, it seems the bike was made for me.  It'll heat up like a 110, so plan on a fuel controller/PowerVision CX to address that.  Cat removal or Fuel Moto Jackpot header if you want.  Mine doesn't have the Ride Command, but according to reports, it works well, with no snafus.

Regarding the post about Indian staying around - their sales continue to go north and the parent company is a multi-billion dollar operation.  They're doing a good job, so I think they're here for the long haul.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2017, 11:18:50 AM »

Having purchased a RM 18 mos. ago, you'll love the ride and handling.  For my height and size, it seems the bike was made for me.  It'll heat up like a 110, so plan on a fuel controller/PowerVision CX to address that.  Cat removal or Fuel Moto Jackpot header if you want.  Mine doesn't have the Ride Command, but according to reports, it works well, with no snafus.

Regarding the post about Indian staying around - their sales continue to go north and the parent company is a multi-billion dollar operation.  They're doing a good job, so I think they're here for the long haul.
victory was here for the.."long haul" also  ??? just saying
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 11:20:55 AM by fastfreddy »
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

mark

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2017, 11:32:04 AM »

victory was here for the.."long haul" also  ??? just saying

But Victory sales never went north.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2017, 03:04:42 PM »

::)
Talkin' about the same company here in both cases........Polaris.....right. 

Sometimes business decisions dicate dropping a model..........ala Plymoth (Mopar still going with other brands)  No more Oldsmobiles or Pontiacs..........same.  GM still in business.   and the beat goes on. :oops:

mark

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2017, 11:59:39 AM »

::)
Talkin' about the same company here in both cases........Polaris.....right. 

Sometimes business decisions dicate dropping a model..........ala Plymoth (Mopar still going with other brands)  No more Oldsmobiles or Pontiacs..........same.  GM still in business.   and the beat goes on. :oops:

Of course if something doesn't sell, a company will drop that product.  Whether HD or Polaris, low sales will dictate direction.  There's a reason HD quit making the RK Classic, Springers, and soon the V-Rod.  But that's not what we're seeing with Indian.  They're making a good product with climbing sales.  I can find no fault in that.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2017, 03:17:45 PM »

Victories best sales year was 2012.  The Victory could not pass 2020 CARB, so they decided not to spend the $$$ to make a compliant motor. 
BTW, I traded my 2014 SG for the Chieftain Elite in June once I saw the new front fender.  IMHO, after 7 HDs 2 CVOs) this is by far the best ride as far as suspension, navigation, vibration, etc. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2017, 11:24:03 PM »

Couldn't agree more! And after seeing the new Harley lineup Indian sales might just sky rocket ! All I'd say is that IF your on the fence about a new bike Just test ride the Indian !

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2017, 08:57:00 AM »

I'm not bashing but when you say climbing sales, it's a NEW company so sales are based from zero ... the only way they can go is up for the first years  :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2017, 02:54:00 PM »

Actually stopped at the local Polaris dealer today to inquire about the RM Elite. $8k premium over the regular RM and it's all cosmetic from what I was told.  Pretty hefty price for paint and a few other pieces.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2017, 03:00:42 PM »

I stopped by Indian last weekend, if they came up with something fixed fairing I would burn the rubber off my riding boots getting to the front door.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 22 queries.