Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Langlitz Leathers  (Read 2004 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Langlitz Leathers
« on: November 13, 2017, 01:32:20 AM »

A couple of years ago I heard about these guys up in Portland OR and their world class stuff. I tried to find something of theirs on Ebay and couldn't believe how expensive their used stuff was which really intrigued me. I started researching them pretty hard and everyone that had their stuff absolutely raved about it including some that that had worn their same jacket or pant for 30 plus years. It actually seemed on eBay the really old "stuff" was and is going for incredibly insane money (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Langlitz-Leathers-Horsehide-Jacket-1952-1956-Only-Columbia-Rin-Tanaka/142496056656?hash=item212d6d4550:g:AhkAAOSwHsBZnEbC) or (https://www.ebay.com/itm/1947-Langlitz-SPEEDWAY-TOGS-Motorcycle-Jacket-sz-34-Black-Leather-1st-YEAR-RARE/282707915731?hash=item41d2b473d3:g:tgMAAOSwYZ9ZnvhZ) are a couple of current examples.
Their stuff is crazy expensive-$1000 for goatskin pants or up to $1500 for jackets but I broke down and ordered a pair of goatskin pants to wear over my my jeans. All their orders are custom made to your measurements sending a order form with many different sets to fill out. Their customer service is absolutely world class and they will personalize it any way you want. took about 3 months to finally get them but after wearing them the first time "I got it" why everyone on line was saying what they were saying. First of all the fit is freaky good as if they were the ones taking the measurements a nd the feel of the goatskin was absolutely butter. The most amazing thing about the pants though is how they will keep me warm in crazy cold weather but don't feel to warm when it heats up. as an example yesterday I left my house very early where it was in the high 40's and rode to the desert where it was in the mid 80's.
bottom line is last week I broke down and ordered a jacket. Went with their "Columbia jacket" black with dark blue stitching, shoulder and arm pads, inside gun(hope there is no one from the CA legislature on this forum..), wallet and map in red leather pocket liners which only I will see. My delivery date is Jan 6th and though I definitely hated writing the check I am fired up about getting my new jacket!
As always I wanted to share 
Alan

ultrarider123

Re: Langlitz Leathers
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 07:14:28 AM »

Alan, I've kept Langlitz bookmarked for quite a while now and when I'm pondering on a new jacket, go to their site and dream.  Two years ago I requested some information which they sent along with a very nice brochure and a free sticker... ;D .  I was close to leaping but couldn't justify the cost at that time.  They make one heck of a product and I've yet to see any real negative comments on any of the products.  Dey ain't cheap but are built like a Sherman tank.

I know you are looking forward to the new jacket and we are looking forward to pictures, sir... :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:54:58 AM by Haird »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Langlitz Leathers
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:23:28 AM »

Wow, that is some incredibly nice looking stuff.  Very nice looking at there web page.  I have book marked it now.  Maybe if the oil field ever turns around.  However seeing I earn half of what I earned two years ago due to the huge industry down sizing and 65% of the people in my company being laid off, thank full to still be working.  When it turns around and booms again, I'll look very hard at these. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.