Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: 2019 CVO's...any idea?  (Read 45166 times)

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
Re: 2019 CVO's...any idea?
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2018, 03:57:34 PM »

Oh you guys. I kind of like a number of them. In my mind the colors on the 2018 CVOs were a lost less attractive then the new 2019 lineup.

Will I trade my 2018 RGS right now? No, but maybe when I have 50-60k miles on it.

Simon

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2018, 03:59:14 PM »

Good.  Simon likes some of them.  Figures they will look better in person.  After I saw the 2018s in person - still nope.  But ya never know.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2018, 04:17:23 PM »

Good.  Simon likes some of them.  Figures they will look better in person.  After I saw the 2018s in person - still nope.  But ya never know.

Not bad ......at least the denim and blackout is not prevalent

Designflaw

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2018, 04:23:13 PM »

BTW, The radio is the same 6.5" CFT screen but with a larger Gorilla Glass covering that replaces the current push buttons on either side of the radio screen. Resolution of the main screen is increased but no insight if the GPS engine or Radio have any significant improvements. Same 75 watt power listing with 4 Stage 1 speakers.

Not correct, the whole system is updated. Probably because Sony now owns H&K.

https://www.cycleworld.com/harley-davidson-releases-technology-updates-new-cvo-models-and-fxdr-114-power-cruiser-for-2019

2017 FLHXSE CVO Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black
Performance: HP 99 TQ 121
Stage II = HD Torque Cam SE8-447
Rinehart Slimline, 4" Cans
HD Tuner w/ Wideband module
Screaming Eagle Front Fork internals, Tuned Rear

Appearance:
Blacking out all chrome and bolts. (Work in progress)
Custom color matched carbon fiber parts
HD Passing Lamps and LED lamps

mslcpa

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2018, 04:50:12 PM »

My FLHXSE looks better and better with each new model year. Might be able to sell it for what I paid, plus the add-ons! :D

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2018, 04:56:34 PM »

Must be saving $$ without all the chrome. Paint jobs seem more like standard versions. Oh well another year to keep what I've got. ;D

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2018, 05:52:06 PM »

Not correct, the whole system is updated. Probably because Sony now owns H&K.

https://www.cycleworld.com/harley-davidson-releases-technology-updates-new-cvo-models-and-fxdr-114-power-cruiser-for-2019

As I said, I had no insight to the actual system itself, however it is still the same size 6.5" BOOM system SCREEN with touch screen buttons where there used to be physical buttons. I assume the GPS engine has been updated since the "boot" time was cut in half.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 05:55:02 PM by Heatwave »

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2018, 08:47:00 PM »

As I said, I had no insight to the actual system itself, however it is still the same size 6.5" BOOM system SCREEN with touch screen buttons where there used to be physical buttons. I assume the GPS engine has been updated since the "boot" time was cut in half.

They can keep cutting that boot time in half. My brother has a Chieftain and within 5 seconds of that bike being turned on, it's ready to go. Damn fast startup.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2018, 10:58:42 PM »

My FLHXSE looks better and better with each new model year. Might be able to sell it for what I paid, plus the add-ons! :D

no doubt!!!!!!!!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2018, 11:59:28 PM »

No one has had more problems with the MoCo then I have had in the last year with 3 motors sumping in 2 months once leaving me stranded 250 m miles from home. When I looked online this morning and saw the new Roadglides and Streetglides I thought I did not like them which really sucks for me. I was telling my buddy that every year Harley puts out the worst pics of their bikes and I always think they are ugly until I see them in person so I reached out to my dealer that was at the meeting and asked him  how they looked in person. He sent me this pic and said it was the nicest looking Harley he had ever seen in person. I have known this guy for many years and he has never bullish--ed me before and after seeing this pic and the few more he sent me I have to say I absolutely love it and I have never liked blue before. About the only color I like less than blue is brown and in 2012 when I saw the brown CVO Roadglide (Maple) online I thought it also was ugly. Same guy when it got to the dealer called me and told me I had to come in and see it. I didn't get within 10 feet of the bike before I fell in love with it and still love it 65,000 miles later!
64,000 question of course is "will it sump"? Only time will tell on that but I am fired up and excited about gettin g this bike and love the new Infotainment screen (hope it works..).
Alan

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2018, 01:30:02 AM »

FFS, when is HD going to get photographers who try to show off the bike and its colors, instead of egomaniacs who are trying to show how "artsy" they are?  On most of the photos, they have the sun shining on the rear of the bike, so the only pics that might show the true color are from the rear.  They gotta get the sun on the high side of the bike.

This is a new low for CVO color photos.  We all know most of the past colors have looked so much better in person, but this is ridiculous--in CVOs, only the blue RG and the red SG look like they have possibilities.  Not one of the Limited's colors looked OK.

Only the blue SERG looked good enough to buy sight-unseen.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 01:32:40 AM by Para Bellum »
If you want peace, prepare for war.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2018, 05:17:15 AM »

FFS, when is HD going to get photographers who try to show off the bike and its colors, instead of egomaniacs who are trying to show how "artsy" they are?  On most of the photos, they have the sun shining on the rear of the bike, so the only pics that might show the true color are from the rear.  They gotta get the sun on the high side of the bike.

This is a new low for CVO color photos.  We all know most of the past colors have looked so much better in person, but this is ridiculous--in CVOs, only the blue RG and the red SG look like they have possibilities.  Not one of the Limited's colors looked OK.

Only the blue SERG looked good enough to buy sight-unseen.
Exactly!
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2018, 12:54:25 PM »

I think they've made a slight improvement in the colours over the 18's, but for my taste there just isn't enough pizzaz as there used to be, and that quite possibly is by design for the younger crowd.  Although they will quite likely have just as hard of a time selling these new ones as they have had with the 18's.

Having said that, at least they are trying, and it sure looks like they've stolen a page from Puzzled's book with 2 CVO Road Glides... (script on bottom of bags) Just not as nice.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 07:27:45 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2018, 01:05:34 PM »

All that trouble and you're gonna give the MoCo another $45K and let time tell?   ??? 

No one has had more problems with the MoCo then I have had in the last year with 3 motors sumping in 2 months once leaving me stranded 250 m miles from home. When I looked online this morning and saw the new Roadglides and Streetglides I thought I did not like them which really sucks for me. I was telling my buddy that every year Harley puts out the worst pics of their bikes and I always think they are ugly until I see them in person so I reached out to my dealer that was at the meeting and asked him  how they looked in person. He sent me this pic and said it was the nicest looking Harley he had ever seen in person. I have known this guy for many years and he has never bullish--ed me before and after seeing this pic and the few more he sent me I have to say I absolutely love it and I have never liked blue before. About the only color I like less than blue is brown and in 2012 when I saw the brown CVO Roadglide (Maple) online I thought it also was ugly. Same guy when it got to the dealer called me and told me I had to come in and see it. I didn't get within 10 feet of the bike before I fell in love with it and still love it 65,000 miles later!
64,000 question of course is "will it sump"? Only time will tell on that but I am fired up and excited about gettin g this bike and love the new Infotainment screen (hope it works..).

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2018, 01:09:51 PM »

I think they've made a slight improvement in the colours over the 18's, but for my taste there just isn't enough pizzaz as there used to be, and that quite possibly is by design for the younger crowd.  Although there will quite likely have just as hard of a time selling these new ones as they have had with the 18's.

Having said that, at least they are trying, and it sure looks like they've stolen a page from Puzzled's book with 2 CVO Road Glides...

I'm not sure there's many $43,000 motorcycle buyers in the "younger crowd". I have no clue why they would even care about the styling interests of 30 somethings when it comes to high end expensive toys like a CVO motorcycle. I'm guessing the average age of those buyer's putting down $40k on a motorcycle is 45-55 yrs old. Large numbers of younger bike riders will simply NEVER represent a large % of CVO buyers and it has nothing to do with styling and everything to do with the cost.

I think the real problem is too many younger guys in the HD marketing department and styling shop are trying to design a bike for what they "wish" they could afford. Unfortunately they are NOT the buyers and their designs end up turning off the real buyers (older riders) that can afford these more expensive bikes. HD is going to have to learn a very hard financial lesson. They need to build, design and style their bikes for the target audience that is likely to "afford" and buy them, not the target audience that "wishes" they could own one.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 01:13:37 PM by Heatwave »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 22 queries.