Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Trade for new 18 cvo street glide?  (Read 10520 times)

fos41

• Full CVO Member
Re: Trade for new 18 cvo street glide?
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2018, 10:13:57 AM »

All good SDCVO we all have our bitter experiences with shady Harley dealerships I am no exception living in central N.C.  H.D. Mo. Co. apparently condones unethical behavior towards their customers. Wanted to mention 2 N.C. H.D. dealers I have had pitiful dealings with in both sales and service hoping to warn others from my misfortune

Found a `15 S.E.S.G 5033 mi. Bike had a color matched tour pack that I wanted at Smokin` Winston Salem, N.C. price was no great deal at retail, but bike that I wanted. Traded in 2 days before  my buying and had been in shop for mandatory H.D. corp. used bike trade in inspection before resale and signed off by a H.D. tech.

Being very mechanical skilled demo ride revealed this CVO had clutch issues, warped ft. brake rotors, no manuals and various other issues during the sales deal. Smokin` shop told no problems found when bike was put in shop after test ride. Bike still under factory H.D. warranty and all concerns very repairable I was not concerned about getting everything resolved at a different dealer.  I interview many N.C. dealerships and got all kinds of hooey A-Z. 

Another example of dealer crap MY CVO in shop with Tilley H.D. Salisbury, N.C.  bike still w/factory warranty, they tried to charge me for diagnostics, because "no problem found told again, again... bike at "H.D. specs. & standards".

Unbelievable that most dealers lie so much they believe themselves! Love Harley's, but the above mentioned Gold Wing looks pretty great from my point of view.

skorch

• Full CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: 2018 FLHXSE gunship Gray
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2018, 12:19:46 PM »

All good SDCVO we all have our bitter experiences with shady Harley dealerships I am no exception living in central N.C.  H.D. Mo. Co. apparently condones unethical behavior towards their customers. Wanted to mention 2 N.C. H.D. dealers I have had pitiful dealings with in both sales and service hoping to warn others from my misfortune

Found a `15 S.E.S.G 5033 mi. Bike had a color matched tour pack that I wanted at Smokin` Winston Salem, N.C. price was no great deal at retail, but bike that I wanted. Traded in 2 days before  my buying and had been in shop for mandatory H.D. corp. used bike trade in inspection before resale and signed off by a H.D. tech.
 I too have experienced the B.S. at both the dealers you mentioned,especially Tilley of Salisbury. Also Down HomeHD,Greensboro H.D.
It is sad that dealers continue to fail at the service level and gouge for bikes when traffic is at an all time low. I can say they both Tilley dealers would not operate this way if a class act like Don Tilley was still with us running the show.

It
Being very mechanical skilled demo ride revealed this CVO had clutch issues, warped ft. brake rotors, no manuals and various other issues during the sales deal. Smokin` shop told no problems found when bike was put in shop after test ride. Bike still under factory H.D. warranty and all concerns very repairable I was not concerned about getting everything resolved at a different dealer.  I interview many N.C. dealerships and got all kinds of hooey A-Z. 

Another example of dealer crap MY CVO in shop with Tilley H.D. Salisbury, N.C.  bike still w/factory warranty, they tried to charge me for diagnostics, because "no problem found told again, again... bike at "H.D. specs. & standards".

Unbelievable that most dealers lie so much they believe themselves! Love Harley's, but the above mentioned Gold Wing looks pretty great from my point of view.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2018, 11:16:39 PM »

To be fair though El Cajon Harley are complete rip offs, Biggs Harley has given me nothing but world class service even though they have never sold me a bike. Because of my job I can only ride on the weekends but do ride just about every weekend. They know that and will pick up my bike on Monday, do whatever it needs, clean it and make sure it is back and under the cover by Sat morning. If they can't finish whatever they are doing and its not critical they will bring bike back for Sat and then come back on Mon to finish following week. BTW, I live 60 miles from them..
Alan

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2018, 08:46:13 AM »

I hate the new “mothership” dealer mentality!  For most people, a Harley is a toy/hobby!  There used to be 2 dealers in my area that were smaller and family owned.....all they wanted was to make a good deal and have repeat business.  Now it’s like a typical car dealer....part of the fun of having a Harley is the community....but, sadly, that’s going by the wayside to f$%* people out of money.  Anything over MSRP is BS/stealing. 

I went to a local dealer to look at a gunship gray Road Glide....they wanted $5k over in December.....I just got a text asking if I’m still interested....they may go under MSRP.  Be patient....and firm, you’ll get what you want.

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2016 SE Streetglide
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2018, 09:28:24 AM »

Guys, it’s just a business. They ask over MSRP and if they get it, that’s what the market demand said it was worth. It’s no different then us wanting top dollar for our trades. The reason resale is so low, is because they are blowing out the new bikes. I got a big discount on my 2016 CVO Street glide when I bought it and it still lost a ton of value. My biggest complaint is the quality issues and the dealers not being good enough or caring enough to properly fiix the problems. I just came really close to buying an Indian, but decided to keep my bike for the long haul and upgrade the motor and suspension. At this point, your best bet is to buy what you want and keep it for a long time.

dghboy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2010 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »

Guys, it’s just a business. They ask over MSRP and if they get it, that’s what the market demand said it was worth. It’s no different then us wanting top dollar for our trades. The reason resale is so low, is because they are blowing out the new bikes. I got a big discount on my 2016 CVO Street glide when I bought it and it still lost a ton of value. My biggest complaint is the quality issues and the dealers not being good enough or caring enough to properly fiix the problems. I just came really close to buying an Indian, but decided to keep my bike for the long haul and upgrade the motor and suspension. At this point, your best bet is to buy what you want and keep it for a long time.

Agreed, that is why I still have 2010 CVO SG 11k Miles. Not wasting any more money on new Old Tech. When we ride no one cares what year your bike is. Remember HD truly was about the lifestyle not anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ride it like you stole it!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.