Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: CVO's on the Dealer showroom  (Read 21044 times)

JONNIEROCK

• Full CVO Member
Re: CVO's on the Dealer showroom
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2018, 04:32:56 PM »

Around the Minn, Wis, area there's a ton up here and they don't get nearly as many as the warmer states.
                           Jonnierock

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2018, 07:58:56 PM »

I cruise by the local dealership at least once a week on the way to other places, and all I can say is that even on a Saturday the place looks dead.  Fifteen or so years ago the parking lot was full on Saturdays, about half full even on week days, and they had limited hours on Sundays.  The special events they held twice a year caused traffic backups, the lot was overflowing, the tents set up in the adjacent field were full, and the store itself was "wiggle room only". The last event they held earlier this year didn't even fill half the parking lot.

Yes, times have changed drastically.  Much of it is self inflicted, some is demographics.  It obviously isn't a lack of money in the economy, high ticket cars and trucks have been selling at a record pace for many years now.  Wildly overpriced homes are selling like hotcakes and we are seeing signs of another real estate bubble developing.  At least on the surface, life is good.  And yet Harley sales are not.  It may be a mystery to some, but not to me.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mark

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2018, 09:21:58 PM »

One of the HD dealers in Louisiana just sent out an email flier advertising "0 down, 0% interest for 60 months, and no payments til the fall - on new and used models." 

This is self explanatory regarding the state of the MoCo.

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2018, 10:34:50 PM »

It’s obvious the 2018 CVO line did not sell as predicted at least in the upper Midwest.  The anniversary ultras however were gone ... hmmmm.  Let’s do some more boring blackout cvo denim colors in 2019......

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2018, 08:57:09 AM »

Hale's in Mansfield, Ohio had 3 new ones when I was there yesterday and several used ones including this 1300 mile gem at a nice price.

Boring Tapatalk Signature

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2018, 12:40:24 PM »

The dealership that Mark referenced above is my home dealership, I go there at least 2 Saturday’s
A month just to bs with my buddies. These days you might see one or two guys in shorts, with their wife and three kids, come in and dream a bit, grab a free sandwich from the dealer and walk out. We watch the new sales “kids” attack, we call ‘em kids because they’re all in their 20’s, they work the first week for $20 an hour, after that it’s straight commission, and they don’t even get a bite, so they’re gone by the next Saturday.
The dealership is starving but, because they treat people like chit when someone does come in for service or parts etc. they have to learn the hard way. This ain’t the ‘90s and nobody has to eat the bullchit to get a bike.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

mark

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2018, 10:06:16 PM »

King Glide, I lived in that area for 20 yrs and frequented the Baton Rouge dealer, and later the Hammond store after it was built.  My riding buddy that still lives in the area said after the original owner sold both, and the new ownership consortium ran off all the long-time employees, it was like visiting a car lot.  Every time you stopped in, there was someone new working there.  No camaraderie at all.  Between Slidell, NOLA, Houma, Hammond, and Baton Rouge I believe there's six dealerships.  I don't see all staying open.

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2018, 11:36:48 PM »

Agreed, BR-HD is fighting for it’s life, but won’t open it’s eyes to see the problem. Bikes at 5% over msrp, parts 10% over p&a book, liars, cheats and thieves running the service dept. on top of $125 per hour. Service manager doesn’t know the difference between love and sex. He always says he’s going to show you some love as a valued customer then bends you over and does his business in your azz.

It’s a shame, it was mom and pop, now it’s a used car lot.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2018, 05:47:33 PM »

I agree with you guys, many of the newer owners see Harley riders as a cash cow, just like a car dealership.

This new internet based business RumbleOn.com is going to impact dealers more. Check out the used bike prices, delivered to your house, with money back guarantee and warranty. They are going to impact dealers.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Fossy

• Thank goodness
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide. Orange Lava
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2018, 09:05:51 PM »

Wow was in Worth HD in KC yesterday and they had 6 on the floor and more in the back. I saw 23 RG's and 2 Bat's and a ultra. They said more in the back. But for what they are asking guess they are holding out for the big money.

BigLew

In Melbourne Australia I’ve been into two shops no CVO ultras but CVO RG & SG every where.
I thought CVO were made in limited numbers. 🤣😂
Seems to be more this year than any other year.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2018, 09:48:29 AM »

There are still a few good ones left. I ride to one a 100 miles away from my hometown even though there is one 15 miles away because of the way the far away dealer treats me.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

groupw

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

• CVO1: Silver/Silver '16 SERGU
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2018, 02:41:00 AM »

....parts 10% over p&a book, 

........ this ^ really pisses me off

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2018, 04:49:28 PM »

West Palm has had the same orange cvo rg on the floor for almost 2 months now.  I didn't look at the seriously. They must be adding a bunch on to have it that long. Or people might be waiting for the new year models.  I'd hate to buy that and something really catches my eye 2  months later.     Stuart.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2018, 10:20:03 PM »

West Palm has had the same orange cvo rg on the floor for almost 2 months now.  I didn't look at the seriously. They must be adding a bunch on to have it that long. Or people might be waiting for the new year models.  I'd hate to buy that and something really catches my eye 2  months later.     Stuart.
Finally settled with the MOCO on my 17 Streetglide that they will be replacing with either a Streetglide or Roadglide and I told them I would not take a 18 but wait for a 19. Biggest reason why is hoping they figure out the sumping deal but also figure if they didn't and new bike sumps I will just sell it and if does happen by that time the 18 will be a entire model year old.
Alan

flhse

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2018, 08:17:29 PM »

Ran by 5 dealers today to pick up poker chips, heading home from spending a couple days in the UP (Note: don't go to the Michigan UP while school is out for the summer).  Found 5 new CVO's on the floor, gray limited, orange road glide, orange street glide, gray street glide and one of the numbered anniversary editions of the limited (actually has chrome parts!). 

Isn't the dealer show for the 2019's is coming up in just a few days.....  They will be arriving at our local dealers very soon I suspect.....

BTW, no shortage of other bikes on the floors of any of those dealers either. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.