Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Intake/Air Cleaner Options 15 CVO Roadglide  (Read 1418 times)

Shawrco

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTC Vivid Black (soon to be for sale!)
Intake/Air Cleaner Options 15 CVO Roadglide
« on: March 08, 2018, 02:12:02 PM »

For the pre-M8 wet head bikes with lowers there doesn't seem to be a heavy breather option (all say don't fit twin-cooled). Is it true that the heavy breathers don't fit twin-cooled bikes? I think there is a shorter air filter element that clears the lower fairing and the M-8 bikes have a heavy breather with an angled filter element.

How have y'all skint that cat? Trip to the dyno coming up in the next couple of weeks so if I'm going to deviate from the stock Screamin Eagle Ventilator A/C I'd like to figure out what to get... Thanks.
Joe B

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Intake/Air Cleaner Options 15 CVO Roadglide
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 02:49:29 PM »

For the pre-M8 wet head bikes with lowers there doesn't seem to be a heavy breather option (all say don't fit twin-cooled). Is it true that the heavy breathers don't fit twin-cooled bikes? I think there is a shorter air filter element that clears the lower fairing and the M-8 bikes have a heavy breather with an angled filter element.

How have y'all skint that cat? Trip to the dyno coming up in the next couple of weeks so if I'm going to deviate from the stock Screamin Eagle Ventilator A/C I'd like to figure out what to get... Thanks.

There is a kit, part number 28716-10A, called Compact.  That's the one with the shorter filter element.  The catalog claims it will fit with fairing lower glove boxes, but NOT with Twin Cooling or lower fairing speakers.

From the 2018 catalog:

Fits ’08-’16 Touring and ’15-’16 Freewheeler models equipped with Fairing Lower Glove Boxes (except Twin-Cooled models or models equipped with fairing lower speakers). Also fits ’16-’17 FXDLS and Softail, ’14-’17 CVO Softail and ’14-’16 Touring models equipped with Screamin’ Eagle 58mm Throttle Body. All models require ECM calibration for proper installation. ’17 models require recalibration with Screamin’ Eagle Pro Street Tuner (sold separately). NOTE: Also fits with 58mm Throttle Body P/N 27713-08 and 27639-07B (race application only). Installation with Throttle Body 27639-07B requires purchase of (2) Screw P/N 29465-08.

28716-10A  Compact Design – Chrome.  $329.95

I seem to remember people claiming to have installed this version on bikes with lower mounted speakers.  Have you tried searching the site?

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Shawrco

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 03:22:59 PM »

Thanks, I'll be at the dealer this evening for Bike Night, will check with the parts guys to see what they say.
Joe B

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »

I use the Screamin' Eagle Agitator with that center screen/grate removed. During my 117 build, the tuner did a pull with and without the breather. I guess the difference was very minimal. So that breather can support at least 135HP.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 12:50:16 AM »

I have lowers with speakers in them so can't do the heavy breather ac. I saw this a couple of months ago and since my M8 with a stage 3 sumped and melted down and I just got bike back with new motor and stage 4 installed and will need to re tune I just got this.
https://tmanperformance.com/product/t-man-no-loss-air-cleaner/
Alan

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 08:28:25 AM »

I have lowers with speakers in them so can't do the heavy breather ac. I saw this a couple of months ago and since my M8 with a stage 3 sumped and melted down and I just got bike back with new motor and stage 4 installed and will need to re tune I just got this.
https://tmanperformance.com/product/t-man-no-loss-air-cleaner/

Does the additional width create any issues with leg contact? 

The first time I saw something like this was when Hubbard posted about a wider filter for the Ventilator a couple years back, made by the folks at Tilley H-D.  I don't know what they charge for their version, but I'd guess it would be a more economical solution if someone didn't want to spend $700 for the T-Man version.

https://www.tilleyhdofsalisbury.com/read-more-about-our--specials

Jerry
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:40:10 AM by grc »

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 02:38:49 AM »

The first time I saw something like this was when Hubbard posted about a wider filter for the Ventilator a couple years back, made by the folks at Tilley H-D.  I don't know what they charge for their version, but I'd guess it would be a more economical solution if someone didn't want to spend $700 for the T-Man version.

Jerry
Haven't installed it yet, hopefully will be no clearance issues.
Alan

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 07:59:51 AM »

First time seeing the Tman filter.  Looks like both Tman and Tilley May be using the same K&n filter.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

Shawrco

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • GA

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 09:35:29 AM »

Haven't installed it yet, hopefully will be no clearance issues.
A friend of mine has the Tilley filter. I rode his bike and didn't notice any major interference. They trim the top and bottom tab off the cover and use a "proprietary" K&N element.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Joe B

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 11:42:45 PM »

Jerry
Just got it installed, here is a couple of pics. The tech that did it said it created issues with him reaching the rear brake with the ac installed. He is around 5.8-9 so has shorter legs then I do at 6.2. I don't have a issue. I think it looks and matches great considering how much more "area" the filter has.
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 11:43:55 PM »

another pic
Alan

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 08:51:57 AM »

Just got it installed, here is a couple of pics. The tech that did it said it created issues with him reaching the rear brake with the ac installed. He is around 5.8-9 so has shorter legs then I do at 6.2. I don't have a issue. I think it looks and matches great considering how much more "area" the filter has.

Alan, do you have your floorboards and controls moved out or are they in the stock location?  I'm just curious if one of us short guys could get around the problem by extending the boards and controls outward an inch or so.  I hate to give up cornering clearance, but a one inch spacer is usually OK on bikes that haven't been lowered front and rear.

Jerry

Btw, looks really good.  Of course it would look better if it was red (right Twolane?), but my second choice is always black.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:54:20 AM by grc »

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 01:01:12 AM »

Alan, do you have your floorboards and controls moved out or are they in the stock location?  I'm just curious if one of us short guys could get around the problem by extending the boards and controls outward an inch or so.  I hate to give up cornering clearance, but a one inch spacer is usually OK on bikes that haven't been lowered front and rear.

Jerry

Btw, looks really good.  Of course it would look better if it was red (right Twolane?), but my second choice is always black.   ;D
They are stock. Dealer told me if I had any issue they could do the extensions but I don't think I will need to. Thanks
Alan

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 21 queries.